- Becker K, Rutsch F, Uekötter A, Kipp F, König J, Marquardt T, et al. Kocuria rhizophila adds to the emerging spectrum of micrococcal species involved in human infections. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46:3537-9 pubmed publisher..K. rhizophila expands the emerging number of "micrococci" considered to be etiologically relevant...
- Becker K, Ballhausen B, Köck R, Kriegeskorte A. Methicillin resistance in Staphylococcus isolates: the "mec alphabet" with specific consideration of mecC, a mec homolog associated with zoonotic S. aureus lineages. Int J Med Microbiol. 2014;304:794-804 pubmed publisher....
- Becker K, Heilmann C, Peters G. Coagulase-negative staphylococci. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2014;27:870-926 pubmed publisher..In this regard, host susceptibility is much more important. Therapeutically, CoNS are challenging due to the large proportion of methicillin-resistant strains and increasing numbers of isolates with less susceptibility to glycopeptides. ..
- Reers Y, Idelevich E, Pätkau H, Sauerland M, Tafelski S, Nachtigall I, et al. Multiplex PCR assay underreports true bloodstream infections with coagulase-negative staphylococci in hematological patients with febrile neutropenia. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2016;85:413-5 pubmed publisher..Sensitivity for samples representing true CoNS-BSIs was 23.3% with an integrated cutoff and increased to 83.3% if the cutoff was neglected. Hence, the cutoff may prohibit timely targeted antimicrobial therapy. ..
- Ballhausen B, Kriegeskorte A, van Alen S, Jung P, Köck R, Peters G, et al. The pathogenicity and host adaptation of livestock-associated MRSA CC398. Vet Microbiol. 2017;200:39-45 pubmed publisher..aureus lineage CC398 by summarizing current knowledge from microbiological, molecular and cellular interaction studies in relation to clinical and epidemiological perspectives. ..
- Kaase M, Schimanski S, Schiller R, Beyreiß B, Thürmer A, Steinmann J, et al. Multicentre investigation of carbapenemase-producing Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae in German hospitals. Int J Med Microbiol. 2016;306:415-20 pubmed publisher..coli and K. pneumoniae from clinical samples in Germany of 0.047 cases per 1000 admissions. OXA-48 was more frequent than KPC-2 and NDM-1 and showed a multiclonal background. ..
- Idelevich E, Grünastel B, Becker K. Rapid Detection and Identification of Candidemia by Direct Blood Culturing on Solid Medium by Use of Lysis-Centrifugation Method Combined with Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization-Time of Flight Mass Spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS). J Clin Microbiol. 2017;55:97-100 pubmed publisher..Direct culturing on solid medium accelerated candidemia diagnostics compared to that with automated broth-based systems. ..
- Idelevich E, Kriegeskorte A, Schleimer N, Peters G, von Eiff C, Becker K. In Vitro Susceptibility of Clinical Staphylococcus aureus Small Colony Variants to ?-Lactam and Non-ß-Lactam Antibiotics. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2018;: pubmed publisher..After prolonged incubation, a regrowth phenomenon has been observed in gradient diffusion inhibition zones irrespective of the strains' phenotype. ..
- Idelevich E, GroÃŸ U, Becker K, Bader O. Comparative evaluation of different gradient diffusion tests for detection of azole resistance in Aspergillus fumigatus. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Both assays demonstrated generally good performance; however, posaconazole MIC Test Strip showed low agreement with broth microdilution due to MIC overestimation. ..
- Becker K, Friedrich A, Lubritz G, Weilert M, Peters G, von Eiff C. Prevalence of genes encoding pyrogenic toxin superantigens and exfoliative toxins among strains of Staphylococcus aureus isolated from blood and nasal specimens. J Clin Microbiol. 2003;41:1434-9 pubmed..aureus. Moreover, mainly due to the fixed combinations of seg plus sei, as well as sed plus sej, the possession of multiple PTSAg genes (62.9%) is more frequent than assumed so far. ..
- Idelevich E, Schaumburg F, Knaack D, Scherzinger A, Mutter W, Peters G, et al. The Recombinant Bacteriophage Endolysin HY-133 Exhibits In Vitro Activity against Different African Clonal Lineages of the Staphylococcus aureus Complex, Including Staphylococcus schweitzeri. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:2551-3 pubmed publisher..aureuscomplex. The activity of HY-133 on the tested isolates (MIC50, 0.25 Î¼g/ml; MIC90, 0.5 Î¼g/ml; range, 0.125 to 0.5 Î¼g/ml) was independent of the species and strain background or antibiotic resistance. ..
- van Alen S, Ballhausen B, Peters G, Friedrich A, Mellmann A, KÃ¶ck R, et al. In the centre of an epidemic: Fifteen years of LA-MRSA CC398 at the University Hospital MÃ¼nster. Vet Microbiol. 2017;200:19-24 pubmed publisher..Overall, LA-MRSA CC398 emerged rapidly during the past decade, developed enormous sublineage diversity and contributed substantially to the total burden of MRSA colonization and infection at the hospital. ..
- Becker K, Schaumburg F, Fegeler C, Friedrich A, Köck R. Staphylococcus aureus from the German general population is highly diverse. Int J Med Microbiol. 2017;307:21-27 pubmed publisher..MSSA colonizing human nares in the community are clonally highly diverse. Among those constantly carrying S. aureus, clonal lineages changed over time. The proportion of persistent S. aureus carriers was lower than reported elsewhere. ..
- Kriegeskorte A, Idelevich E, Schlattmann A, Layer F, Strommenger B, Denis O, et al. Comparison of Different Phenotypic Approaches To Screen and Detect mecC-Harboring Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus. J Clin Microbiol. 2018;56: pubmed publisher..aureus This study underlines cefoxitin's status as the superior surrogate mecC-positive MRSA marker. ..
- Idelevich E, Sparbier K, Kostrzewa M, Becker K. Rapid detection of antibiotic resistance by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry using a novel direct-on-target microdroplet growth assay. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2017;: pubmed publisher..We aimed to develop a universal phenotypic method, which allows easy and rapid antimicrobial susceptibility testing independently of underlying resistance mechanism...
- Idelevich E, Hoy M, Knaack D, GÃ¶rlich D, Peters G, Borowski M, et al. Direct determination of carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae and Pseudomonas aeruginosa from positive blood cultures using laser scattering technology. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2018;51:221-226 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, LS technology combined with lysis/centrifugation and appropriate statistical real-time analyses represents a promising option for rapid detection of carbapenem resistance in Gram-negative rods directly from positive BCs. ..