- [Nephron-sparing surgery]F Becker
Klinik und Poliklinik für Urologie und Kinderurologie, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, 66421, Homburg, Saar
Urologe A 47:215-22; quiz 223. 2008..This review summarises the indications, perioperative management, various surgical approaches and techniques, and oncological results for nephron-sparing surgery, briefly highlighting data from our own institution...
- Important aspects of organ-preserving surgery for renal tumors: indications, new standards, and oncological outcomesFrank Becker
Klinik und Poliklinik für Urologie und Kinderurologie, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar, Germany
Dtsch Arztebl Int 106:117-22. 2009....
- Assessing the impact of ischaemia time during partial nephrectomyFrank Becker
Department of Urology, University of Saarland, Kirrbergerstrasse, Homburg Saar, Germany
Eur Urol 56:625-34. 2009..The impact of applying renal ischaemia during nephron-sparing surgery to avoid renal damage in the treated kidney has gained importance in different surgical techniques...
- Elective nephron sparing surgery should become standard treatment for small unilateral renal cell carcinoma: Long-term survival data of 216 patientsF Becker
Department of Urology and Paediatric Urology, University of Saarland, Germany
Eur Urol 49:308-13. 2006..Clinicopathological features and long-term oncological outcome is compared to patients treated with radical nephrectomy (RN)...
- Outcome of renal tumors in young adultsS Siemer
Department of Urology, Saarland University, Germany
J Urol 175:1240-3; discussion 1243-4. 2006..Sporadic RCC is rare in young adults. We retrospectively reviewed the outcomes of patients 20 to 40 years old at our institution...
- Current TNM classification of renal cell carcinoma evaluated: revising stage T3aS Siemer
Department of Urology, University of the Saarland, Kirrbergerstrasse, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
J Urol 173:33-7. 2005..We assessed the prognostic validity of a stage pT3a diagnosis based on perirenal fat infiltration...
- [Extending the limits of lymphadenectomy during radical cystectomy: pitfalls in the interpretation of contemporary study results]H Suttmann
Klinik für Urologie und Kinderurologie, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar, Deutschland
Urologe A 48:151-5. 2009..This article provides a critical analysis of the contemporary data on the subject and outlines typical statistical pitfalls that must be considered when interpreting such research results...