- A new enzymatic method for the detachment of particle associated soil bacteriaUta Böckelmann
Department of Microbial Ecology, Technical University, Berlin, Germany
J Microbiol Methods 55:201-11. 2003..Efficiency of the technique was assessed by scanning electron microscopy. These images showed convincingly that the enzymatic treatment followed by sonication efficiently detached the bacteria and left the soil particles almost blank...
- Bacterial extracellular DNA forming a defined network-like structureUta Böckelmann
Department of Environmental Microbiology, University of Technology Berlin, Berlin, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Lett 262:31-8. 2006..Our data demonstrate a new function and relevance for extracellular DNA...
- Ultrastructural and electron energy-loss spectroscopic analysis of an extracellular filamentous matrix of an environmental bacterial isolateUta Böckelmann
Department of Environmental Microbiology, Technical University Berlin, Franklin Str 29, 10587 Berlin, Germany
Environ Microbiol 9:2137-44. 2007..Additionally, cells infected with phages were never observed in ultrathin sections and phage particles were never detected in whole mount samples, which rules out the possibility of phages being directly involved in eDNA release...
- Investigation of lotic microbial aggregates by a combined technique of fluorescent in situ hybridization and lectin-binding-analysisUta Böckelmann
Department of Microbial Ecology, Technical University, Sekretariat OE 5, Franklinstrasse 29, D 10587, Berlin, Germany
J Microbiol Methods 49:75-87. 2002..Consequently, application of the FISH-LBA technique allows the linkage between cellular and glycoconjugate identity in complex microbial communities...
- Quantitative PCR monitoring of antibiotic resistance genes and bacterial pathogens in three European artificial groundwater recharge systemsUta Böckelmann
Department of Environmental Microbiology, Technical University Berlin, Franklinstr 29, D 10587 Berlin, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:154-63. 2009....
- Complexity of ultrafiltration membrane fouling caused by macromolecular dissolved organic compounds in secondary effluentsJens Haberkamp
Technische Universitat Berlin, Water Quality Control, Sekr KF 4, Str des 17 Juni 135, 10623 Berlin, Germany
Water Res 42:3153-61. 2008....
- Experimental and modeling approach to study sorption of dissolved hydrophobic organic contaminants to microbial biofilmsDaniel Wicke
Department of Water Quality Control, Technical University of Berlin, Sekr KF 4, Strasse des 17 Juni 135, Berlin, Germany
Water Res 41:2202-10. 2007....
- Detection of conjugative plasmids and antibiotic resistance genes in anthropogenic soils from Germany and IndiaAbdul Malik
Technische Universitat Berlin, FG Umweltmikrobiologie Genetik, Franklinstrasse 28 29, Berlin, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Lett 279:207-16. 2008..Exogenous plasmid isolation revealed conjugative plasmids belonging to the IncPbeta group encoding resistance to ampicillin...
- Interactions between hyphosphere-associated bacteria and the fungus Cladosporium herbarum on aquatic leaf litterChristiane Baschien
Department of Environmental Microbiology, Technische Universitat Berlin, Franklinstrasse 29, 10587 Berlin, Germany
Microb Ecol 58:642-50. 2009..Additionally, the conversion of leaf material into microbial biomass was retarded in co-cultures. The respiration of the fungus was uninfluenced by the presence of the bacterium...