Affiliation: Bayer HealthCare AG
- Strategic alliance management: lessons learned from the Bayer-Millennium collaborationKarl Ziegelbauer
Bayer HealthCare AG, 42096 Wuppertal, Germany
Drug Discov Today 9:864-8. 2004
- A selective novel low-molecular-weight inhibitor of IkappaB kinase-beta (IKK-beta) prevents pulmonary inflammation and shows broad anti-inflammatory activityKarl Ziegelbauer
Bayer Yakuhin, Ltd, Research Center Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 145:178-92. 2005..10 These data suggest that IKK-beta inhibitors offer an effective therapeutic approach for inhibiting chronic pulmonary inflammation...
- New class of bacterial phenylalanyl-tRNA synthetase inhibitors with high potency and broad-spectrum activityDieter Beyer
Department of Anti infectives, Pharma Research, Bayer HealthCare AG, D 42096 Wuppertal, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:525-32. 2004..pneumoniae sepsis model in rats. Treatment with the phenyl-thiazolylurea-sulfonamides reduced the bacterial titer in various organs by up to 3 log units, supporting the potential value of Phe-RS as a target in antibacterial therapy...
- Biological characterization of novel inhibitors of the gram-positive DNA polymerase IIIC enzymeAlexander Kuhl
Bayer HealthCare AG, Pharma Research EU, D 42096 Wuppertal, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:987-95. 2005....
- Novel whole-cell antibiotic biosensors for compound discoveryAndreas Urban
Pharma Research and Development, Discovery Europe, Bayer HealthCare AG, D 42096 Wuppertal, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:6436-43. 2007..For instance, we show that the mechanistically underexplored antibiotic ferrimycin A1 selectively inhibits protein biosynthesis...
- Identification and characterization of the first class of potent bacterial acetyl-CoA carboxylase inhibitors with antibacterial activityChristoph Freiberg
Institute of Anti infectives Research, Institute of Chemistry Research, and Institute of Cardiovascular Research, Pharma Research, Bayer HealthCare AG, D 42096 Wuppertal, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:26066-73. 2004....
- Product-related research: how research can contribute to successful life-cycle managementPeter Sandner
Bayer HealthCare AG, Global Drug Discovery, Germany
Drug Discov Today 13:457-63. 2008..In this communication, we review how research organizations can contribute to successful life-cycle management strategies using phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors as an example...
- Genomics: success or failure to deliver drug targets?Ulrich Ak Betz
Bayer HealthCare AG, Pharma Research and Development, Wuppertal, Germany
Curr Opin Chem Biol 9:387-91. 2005....
- Development of a high-throughput fluoroimmunoassay for Syk kinase and Syk kinase inhibitorsNoriyuki Yamamoto
Research Center Kyoto, Bayer Yakuhin, Ltd, 6 5 1 3, Kunimidai, Kizu cho, Soraku gun, Kyoto 619 0216, Japan
Anal Biochem 315:256-61. 2003..These data suggest that this assay is useful to screen Syk kinase inhibitors in HTS...
- Prediction of mechanisms of action of antibacterial compounds by gene expression profilingBernd Hutter
GPC Biotech AG, Microbiology, Munich, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:2838-44. 2004..A database of this kind may facilitate the prioritization of novel antibacterial entities in drug discovery programs. Potential applications and limitations are discussed...
- Specific and potent inhibition of NAD+-dependent DNA ligase by pyridochromanonesHeike Brötz-Oesterhelt
Department of Anti infectives, Bayer AG, Bayer Health Care, Pharma Research, Aprather Weg 18a, D 42096 Wuppertal, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:39435-42. 2003....
- KINK-1, a novel small-molecule inhibitor of IKKbeta, and the susceptibility of melanoma cells to antitumoral treatmentMargarete Schön
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, University Medical Center Gottingen, von Siebold Str 3, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:862-75. 2008..NF-kappaB is regulated by inhibitory kappaB (IkappaB) proteins, which are in turn phosphorylated by the IkappaB kinase (IKK) complex...
- Identification of antibiotic stress-inducible promoters: a systematic approach to novel pathway-specific reporter assays for antibacterial drug discoveryHans Peter Fischer
Genedata AG, Postfach 254, CH 4016, Basel, Switzerland
Genome Res 14:90-8. 2004..In a proof-of-principle experiment, this assay was shown to enable screening for new small-molecule inhibitors of bacterial growth...
- IkappaB kinase beta inhibition induces cell death in Imatinib-resistant and T315I Dasatinib-resistant BCR-ABL+ cellsElizabeth A Duncan
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7295, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:391-7. 2008..These data indicate that blockage of BCR-ABL-induced NF-kappaB activation via IkappaB kinase beta inhibition represents a potential new approach for treatment of Imatinib- or Dasatinib-resistant forms of chronic myelogenous leukemia...