Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Bayer HealthCare AG
- In vivo characterization of estrogen receptor modulators with reduced genomic versus nongenomic activity in vitroChristiane Otto
Research Laboratories, Bayer Schering Pharma AG, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 111:95-100. 2008..We conclude that pathway-selective ER ligands may represent an interesting option for hormone therapy...
- Comparative analysis of the uterine and mammary gland effects of progesterone and medroxyprogesterone acetateChristiane Otto
TRG Women s Healthcare, Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Muellerstrasse 178, 13342 Berlin, Germany
Maturitas 65:386-91. 2010..In a quantitative mouse model, we assessed the balance between uterine and undesired mammary gland effects for two progestins that are widely used in HRT, progesterone and medroxyprogesterone acetate...
- GPR30 does not mediate estrogenic responses in reproductive organs in miceChristiane Otto
Therapeutic Research Group Women s Healthcare, Bayer Schering Pharma AG, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Biol Reprod 80:34-41. 2009..We conclude that the perception of Gpr30 (based on homology related to peptide receptors) as an ER might be premature and has to be reconsidered...
- G protein-coupled receptor 30 localizes to the endoplasmic reticulum and is not activated by estradiolChristiane Otto
Therapeutic Research Group Women s Healthcare, Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Mullerstrasse 178, 13342 Berlin, Germany
Endocrinology 149:4846-56. 2008..In two classical estrogen target organs, the uterus and the mammary gland, G1 did not show any estrogenic effect. Taken together, we draw the conclusion that GPR30 is still an orphan receptor...
- Comparative analysis of the uterine and mammary gland effects of drospirenone and medroxyprogesterone acetateChristiane Otto
TRG Women s Healthcare, Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Mullerstrasse 178, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Endocrinology 149:3952-9. 2008..We hypothesize that the safety of combined hormone therapy in postmenopausal women may be associated with a dissociation between the uterine and mammary gland activities of the progestin component...
- DNA binding by estrogen receptor-alpha is essential for the transcriptional response to estrogen in the liver and the uterusDörthe L Ahlbory-Dieker
Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Therapeutic Research Group Women s Healthcare, Mullerstrasse 178, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Mol Endocrinol 23:1544-55. 2009..The analyses indicate that both gene activation and repression by estrogen-bound ERalpha rely on an intact DBD in vivo...
- A Neutralizing Prolactin Receptor Antibody Whose In Vivo Application Mimics the Phenotype of Female Prolactin Receptor-Deficient MiceChristiane Otto
TRG Oncology and Gynaecological Therapy C O, S W, B R S, I F, J S, and Department of Research and Clinical Sciences Statistics R V, Bayer Pharma AG, 13342 Berlin, Germany Department of Protein Engineering A S, A L, M M, BioInvent International AB, Soelvegatan 41, SE 223 70 Lund, Sweden and Department of Global Biologics A H, C F, Bayer Pharma AG, Aprather Weg 18a, 42113 Wuppertal, Germany
Endocrinology 156:4365-73. 2015..Therefore, we suggest that this antibody will help to further our understanding of the role of auto- and paracrine PRLR signaling in health and disease...
- Impaired left-ventricular cardiac function in male GPR30-deficient miceMartina Delbeck
Cardiology Research, Bayer Schering Pharma AG, 42096 Wuppertal, Germany
Mol Med Rep 4:37-40. 2011..In conclusion, our data support a role for GPR30 in the gender-specific aspects of heart failure...
- A critical review of fundamental controversies in the field of GPR30 researchGernot Langer
Lead Generation and Optimization, Screening Berlin, Bayer Schering Pharma AG, 13342 Berlin, Germany
Steroids 75:603-10. 2010..In the second part, we discuss the strengths and limitations of four available GPR30 mouse models. We elucidate the potential impact of different targeting strategies on phenotypic diversity...
- In vitro characterization of ZK 230211--A type III progesterone receptor antagonist with enhanced antiproliferative propertiesWiebke Afhüppe
Bayer Schering Pharma AG, TRG Women s Healthcare, Müllerstr 178, D 13342 Berlin, Germany
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 119:45-55. 2010..In summary, our studies demonstrate ZK 230211 to be a type III progesterone receptor antagonist which is characterized by very strong DNA binding activity and strong antiproliferative effects in the cancer cell lines HeLa and T47D...
- A dual estrogen receptor TR-FRET assay for simultaneous measurement of steroid site binding and coactivator recruitmentTarek Hilal
Lead Generation and Optimization, Screening, Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Muellerstr 178, 13342 Berlin, Germany
J Biomol Screen 15:268-78. 2010..The simple 1-step mix-and-measure protocol gives excellent quality and robustness and can be miniaturized to 5-microL volume...
- Identification of estrogen receptor ligands leading to activation of non-genomic signaling pathways while exhibiting only weak transcriptional activitySilja Wessler
Paul Ehrlich Institute, Paul Ehrlich Strasse 51 59, D 63225 Langen, Germany
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 98:25-35. 2006..We assume that these pathway-selective estrogen receptor ligands may serve as potent lead structures for novel hormone replacement strategies exhibiting lesser side effects than the existing treatment paradigms...
- Specific ablation of the transcription factor CREB in sympathetic neurons surprisingly protects against developmentally regulated apoptosisRosanna Parlato
Department of Molecular Biology of the Cell I, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Development 134:1663-70. 2007..Thus, our analysis indicates that the activity of cell-autonomous pro-survival signalling is operative in developing sympathetic neurons in the absence of CREB...
- Reduced expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in mice deficient for pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide type-I-receptorMathias Zink
Central Institute of Mental Health, P O Box 12 21 20, D 68072 Mannheim, Germany
Neurosci Lett 360:106-8. 2004..Our data demonstrate that even in vivo PAC1-mediated signaling seems to play a pivotal role for the transcriptional regulation of BDNF...
- Pulmonary hypertension and right heart failure in pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide type I receptor-deficient miceChristiane Otto
Division of Molecular Biology of the Cell, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Circulation 110:3245-51. 2004..To define the physiologic role of the PACAP-preferring type I receptor, PAC1, in cardiopulmonary function, we developed a mutant mouse strain lacking functional PAC1 receptors...
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide stimulates renin secretion via activation of PAC1 receptorsMatthias Hautmann
Institute for Physiology, University of Regensburg, 93040 Regensburg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1150-6. 2007..These data show that PACAP acting on PAC1 receptors potently stimulates renin release, serving as a tonic enhancer of the renin system in vivo...
- Morphine withdrawal is modified in pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide type I-receptor-deficient miceMiquel Martin
Laboratory of Neuropharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University Pompeu Fabra, c Doctor Aiguader 80, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 110:109-18. 2003..These data therefore suggested that most likely disruption of PAC1-mediated signalling in afferents towards the locus coeruleus but not within the intrinsic locus coeruleus system led to the enhancement of somatic withdrawal signs...