- Efficacy of pimecrolimus 1% cream in the long term management of atopic hand dermatitis. A double-blind RCTAndrea Bauer
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University Dresden
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 10:426-33. 2012..This study aims to investigate the efficacy of pimecrolimus 1% cream as maintenance therapy in patients suffering from atopic hand dermatitis...
- Is occupational solar ultraviolet irradiation a relevant risk factor for basal cell carcinoma? A systematic review and meta-analysis of the epidemiological literatureA Bauer
Department of Dermatology, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University Dresden, Fetscherstr 74, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
Br J Dermatol 165:612-25. 2011..The most important risk factor for basal cell carcinoma (BCC) is ultraviolet (UV) radiation. It is reasonable to assume that outdoor workers with a long history of work-related UV exposure are at increased risk of developing BCC...
- Occupational ultraviolet light exposure increases the risk for the development of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: a systematic review and meta-analysisJ Schmitt
Department of Dermatology, Carl Gustav Carus Faculty of Medicine, Technische Universitat Dresden, Fetscherstraße 74, Dresden 01307, Germany
Br J Dermatol 164:291-307. 2011....
- Potential side effect of high-dose corticosteroid relapse treatment: acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis (AGEP)T Ziemssen
Department of Neurology, Multiple Sclerosis Center, University Clinic Carl Gustav Carus, University of Technology Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Mult Scler 15:275-7. 2009..High-dose glucocorticosteroids (GC) are the treatment of choice for acute relapses in patients with multiple sclerosis as proven by several controlled clinical trials. The common adverse effects of GC are well known...
- [Therapy-resistant "psoriasis vulgaris"]W Kempter
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Dermatologie, Fetscherstrasse 74, Haus 15, 01307 Dresden
Hautarzt 60:332-5. 2009..The patient was treated with rifampicin, isoniazid, pyrazinamide and ethambutol for two months, following a four month treatment with rifampicin and isoniazid. The skin lesions rapidly resolved under antituberculotic treatment...
- Prednisolone vs. ciclosporin for severe adult eczema. An investigator-initiated double-blind placebo-controlled multicentre trialJ Schmitt
Department of Dermatology, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Br J Dermatol 162:661-8. 2010..The efficacy of prednisolone and other steroids, however, has never been evaluated appropriately. A meta-analysis indicated that ciclosporin is the best evaluated systemic treatment for eczema...