Affiliation: BASF Aktiengesellschaft
- Malformations of the great vessels in the neonatal rat induced by N-(2-aminoethyl)ethanolamineSteffen Schneider
BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 95:95-106. 2012..In comparison, the background incidence of aneurysms in untreated 4-day old offspring was 0.2% (Treumann et al., 2011: Toxicol Pathol 39:969-974). Consequently, the findings in groups 2-4 cannot be conclusively attributed to treatment...
- Skeletal examination by double staining for ossified bone and cartilaginous tissueSteffen Schneider
BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Methods Mol Biol 947:215-21. 2013..The staining of the cartilage allows the examination to assess ossified structures and their underlying cartilage in a single step...
- Effects of estrogen coadministration on epoxiconazole toxicity in ratsStefan Stinchcombe
Product Safety, Regulations, Toxicology and Ecology, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 98:247-59. 2013..The human relevance is best addressed in a species which is closer to humans with reference to placentation and hormonal regulation of pregnancy, such as the guinea pig (Schneider et al., 2013)...
- Epoxiconazole-induced degeneration in rat placenta and the effects of estradiol supplementationMaria Cecilia Rey Moreno
Department of Experimental Toxicology and Ecology, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 98:208-21. 2013....
- Vinclozolin--no transgenerational inheritance of anti-androgenic effects after maternal exposure during organogenesis via the intraperitoneal routeSteffen Schneider
Experimental Toxicology and Ecotoxicology, BASF SE, 67056 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Reprod Toxicol 37:6-14. 2013..Sperm count, morphology and motility were not affected in F1-F4 generation male offspring. In conclusion, transgenerational inheritance of Vinclozolin's anti-androgenic effects was not evident in outbred Wistar rats...
- Species differences in developmental toxicity of epoxiconazole and its relevance to humansSteffen Schneider
Experimental Toxicology and Ecology, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 98:230-46. 2013..In contrast, the pregnant guinea pig shares many similarities to pregnant humans regarding hormonal regulation and is therefore considered to be a suitable species for extrapolation of related effects to humans...
- Vinclozolin: a feasibility and sensitivity study of the ILSI-HESI F1-extended one-generation rat reproduction protocolSteffen Schneider
Department of Experimental Toxicology and Ecology, BASF SE, 67056 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 59:91-100. 2011..The overall sensitivity of the extended one-generation protocol is comparable to or even greater than the current two-generation study. Thus it reduces animal use while maintaining or enhancing information for risk assessment...
- Spontaneous occurrence of dissecting aneurysms in the region of the ductus arteriosus in four-day-old Wistar rat pupsSilke Treumann
Product Safety, BASF SE, 67056 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Toxicol Pathol 39:969-74. 2011..Special attention should be paid in experimental studies to avoid confusing these small spontaneous lesions with treatment-induced lesions or artifacts...
- Polyethylene glycol-g-polyvinyl alcohol grafted copolymer: Reproductive toxicity study in Wistar ratsFranziska F Heuschmid
Product Safety Department, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen
Food Chem Toxicol 51:S24-35. 2013....