- Gamma-delta T-cells in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckMurat Bas
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Duesseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Oral Oncol 42:691-7. 2006..The current study implies that increased frequencies of gamma/delta-T-cells in patients with SCCHN may not only be the result of tumor-host interactions but the consequence of applied treatment modalities...
- [Emergency management of acute angioedema]Murat Bas
Hals, Nasen und Ohrenklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 135:1027-31. 2010..The following article gives an overview of the diagnostics and treatment in the emergency situation of "acute angioedema", especially if swelling of the head-and-neck region is present...
- [Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor induced angioedema : new therapy options]M Bas
Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Deutschland
Anaesthesist 60:1141-5. 2011..A single subcutaneous injection of 30 mg icatibant resulted in a rapid onset of symptom relief and a remarkable shortening of duration of the attack...
- Therapeutic efficacy of icatibant in angioedema induced by angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors: a case seriesMurat Bas
Hals, Nasen und Ohrenklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Strasse 22, Munich, Germany
Ann Emerg Med 56:278-82. 2010..We hypothesize that the bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist icatibant might be an effective therapy for ACEi-induced angioedema...
- Potential genetic risk factors in angiotensin-converting enzyme-inhibitor-induced angio-oedemaMurat Bas
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Br J Clin Pharmacol 69:179-86. 2010..We have investigated the impact of ACE insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism in combination with serum ACE activity as well as the bradykinin B2 receptor 2/3 and c.C181T polymorphisms...
- [ACE-inhibitor induced angioedema]M Bas
Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Laryngorhinootologie 86:804-8, quiz 809-13. 2007..Typical sites of manifestation are lips, tongue, and larynx. Novel pharmacotherapies may allow a causal treatment of the ACE-inhibitor induced angioedema in the future...
- Acute arterial hemorrhage following radiotherapy of oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomaJens Greve
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 186:269-73. 2010..Vascular erosion is a rare but life-threatening complication after radiotherapy. The authors report on acute arterial bleeding and its therapy following radiotherapy of oropharyngeal tumors...
- Head and neck sarcoidosis, from wait and see to tumor necrosis factor alpha therapy: A pilot studyAndreas Knopf
Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik und Poliklinik, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Head Neck 35:715-9. 2013..To suggest treatment modalities with respect to the specific requirements of head and neck sarcoidosis...
- Successful long-term treatment with the bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist icatibant in a patient with hereditary angioedemaJens Greve
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital Essen, University Duisburg, Essen, Germany
Int J Dermatol 50:1294-5. 2011..It is characterized by recurrent subcutaneous or submucosal edema attacks in various organs with a frequency from a few attacks to over one hundred attacks per year...
- Cyclin B1 expression and p53 status in squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neckThomas K Hoffmann
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45147 Essen, Germany
Anticancer Res 31:3151-7. 2011..We aimed to determine cyclin B1 expression in squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck (SCCHN) and correlate it with p53 status and clinicopathological parameters...
- A novel mechanism for anti-EGFR antibody action involves chemokine-mediated leukocyte infiltrationThomas K Hoffmann
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Int J Cancer 124:2589-96. 2009..This novel mechanism for anti-EGFR mAb action may contribute to the antitumor effects of anti-EGFR mAb in vivo...
- Aberrant cytokine expression in serum of patients with adenoid cystic carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckThomas K Hoffmann
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Heinrich Heine University, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Head Neck 29:472-8. 2007..Our objective was to characterize and compare cytokine profiles in the systemic circulation of patients with SCC and ACC...
- Potential role of vasomotor effects of fibrinogen in bradykinin-induced angioedemaMurat Bas
Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:969-75.e2. 2008..Although bradykinin is known to play a major role in the pathophysiology of hereditary and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEi)-induced angioedema, other factors acting as triggers or enhancers are likely important as well...
- Rheumatic disorders affecting the head and neck: underestimated diseasesAndreas Knopf
Technische Universitat Munchen, Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik und Poliklinik, Munchen, Germany
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:2029-34. 2011..To describe the clinical manifestations of rheumatic disorders with isolated head and neck (H&N) affection and to introduce a novel diagnostic pathway...
- Multimodal ultrasonographic characterisation of parotid gland lesions--a pilot studyAndreas Knopf
Technische Universitat Munchen, Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik und Poliklinik, Ismaningerstrasse 22, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Eur J Radiol 81:3300-5. 2012..The reliable pre-operative assessment of the lesional dignity might reduce patient's morbidity preventing re-surgery. To date, there exists no imaging technique which reliably distinguishes tumour entities...
- T cells specific for HPV16 E7 epitopes in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the oropharynxThomas K Hoffmann
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Duesseldorf, Germany
Int J Cancer 118:1984-91. 2006....
- Aural myiasis in a patient with Alzheimer's diseasePascal Werminghaus
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, Dusseldorf, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 265:851-3. 2008..Aural manifestation of myiasis may become dangerous if the petrous bone is affected. Entomological aspects, clinical characteristics, and treatment of this rare disease are reviewed...
- Clinical efficacy of icatibant in the treatment of acute hereditary angioedema during the FAST-3 trialMurat Bas
Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich 81675, Germany
Expert Rev Clin Immunol 8:707-17. 2012..In addition, icatibant was generally well tolerated and no drug-related serious adverse events were experienced...
- Nonallergic angioedema: role of bradykininM Bas
Hals, Nasen und Ohrenklinik, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Allergy 62:842-56. 2007..According to currently available reports, these drugs may improve the treatment of kinin-induced angioedema...
- Increased C-reactive protein in ACE-inhibitor-induced angioedemaM Bas
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Br J Clin Pharmacol 59:233-8. 2005..This study was designed to identify new factors which may contribute to angiotensin-converting-enzyme-inhibitor (ACEI)-induced angioedema...
- Novel pharmacotherapy of acute hereditary angioedema with bradykinin B2-receptor antagonist icatibantM Bas
Klinik fur Hals, Nasen und Ohrenheilkunde, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Moorenstr 5, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Allergy 61:1490-2. 2006
- [Angioedema due to ACE inhibitors and AT(1) receptor antagonists]M C Hellebrand
Hals, Nasen und Ohrenklinik, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf
Hautarzt 57:808-10. 2006..This medication also led to angioedema, which was not immediately recognized as medication-associated. AT(1)-receptor antagonists are not suitable alternatives for ACEi because they also carry an increased risk for inducing angioedema...
- [ACE inhibitor-induced angioedema in the head and neck region. A matter of time?]M Bas
Hals Nasen Ohren Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf
HNO 52:886-90. 2004..So far, little is known about the time between the first application of ACEI and the occurrence of angioedema, or of possible cofactors and laboratory changes...