- Conversion disorder revisited
Division of Neuropsychiatry Psychotherapy, Kliniken Schmeider Konstanz, Constance, Germany
Funct Neurol 20:105-13. 2005
..The model also suggests novel research approaches, as well as opportunities for potential therapeutic interventions...
- Preferential alterations in the mesolimbic dopamine pathway of heterozygous reeler mice: an emerging animal-based model of schizophrenia
Division of Pharmacology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnologies, Brescia University Medical School, Via Valsabbina 19, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 15:1197-205. 2002
..These results suggest a specific link between reelin-related neuronal pathology and dopamine involvement in the pathophysiology of psychotic disorders...
- Mapping callosal morphology in early- and late-onset elderly depression: an index of distinct changes in cortical connectivity
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite University Medicine, Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:1528-36. 2008
..Patients with a late onset of depression may be at higher risk of illness progression and eventually dementia conversion than early-onset depression, with potentially important implications for research and therapy...
- Neuroanatomical characteristics of geriatric apathy and depression: a magnetic resonance imaging study
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 15:386-94. 2007
..Apathy is one of the most common late-life neuropsychiatric syndromes. The objective of our study was to examine the neuroanatomical correlates of apathy in older subjects with and without geriatric major depression (MDD)...
- Antidepressant exposure may protect against decrement in frontal gray matter volumes in geriatric depression
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 66:964-7. 2005
..Depressed elderly patients with and without antidepressant exposure were compared to normal controls to examine the effects of prior antidepressant exposure on regional brain gray matter volumes using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Sex differences in brain structure in geriatric depression
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 12:653-7. 2004
..In an exploratory study, authors compared patients with late-life major depression (MDD) and age-matched control subjects to examine sex differences in frontal and orbito-frontal (OFC) regional brain volumes...
- Localizing gray matter deficits in late-onset depression using computational cortical pattern matching methods
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Department of Neurology, Rm 4238, Reed Neurological Research Center, David Geffen UCLA School of Medicine, 710 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1769, USA
Am J Psychiatry 161:2091-9. 2004
..The authors used magnetic resonance imaging and an image analysis technique known as cortical pattern matching to map cortical gray matter deficits in elderly depressed patients with an illness onset after age 60 (late-onset depression)...
- Comparing gray matter loss profiles between dementia with Lewy bodies and Alzheimer's disease using cortical pattern matching: diagnosis and gender effects
Laboratory of Neuroimaging, Department of Neurology, David Geffen UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1769, USA
Neuroimage 23:325-35. 2004
..Further investigation of the influence of gender might provide a more comprehensive understanding of the pathophysiological differences underlying the two forms of dementia...
- Mapping brain size and cortical gray matter changes in elderly depression
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Department of Neurology, David Geffen UCLA School of Medicine, 710 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1769, USA
Biol Psychiatry 55:382-9. 2004
..Here, we conducted detailed spatial analyses of brain size and gray matter within the cortical mantle in elderly patients with major depression...
- Anterior cingulate, gyrus rectus, and orbitofrontal abnormalities in elderly depressed patients: an MRI-based parcellation of the prefrontal cortex
Department of Neurology, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Am J Psychiatry 161:99-108. 2004
- Hippocampal morphology and distinguishing late-onset from early-onset elderly depression
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite University Medicine, Campus Mitte, Berlin
Am J Psychiatry 165:229-37. 2008
..This study used three-dimensional mapping techniques to identify regional hippocampal abnormalities in early- and late-onset depression. Neuropsychological correlates of hippocampal morphology were also investigated...