Affiliation: Bad Nauheim
- [Inflammation and bone metabolism]E Neumann
Abteilung Innere Medizin und Rheumatologie, Justus Liebig Universität Gießen, Kerckhoff Klinik GmbH, Benekestr 2 8, 61231, Bad Nauheim, Deutschland
Z Rheumatol 73:342-8. 2014..Usually, (chronic) inflammation results in increased bone loss. The molecular mechanisms and pathophysiological pathways of bone metabolism under the influence of inflammation are summarized in this review. ..
- Adiponectin isoforms: a potential therapeutic target in rheumatoid arthritis?Klaus W Frommer
Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology Justus Liebig University Giessen Kerckhoff Klinik Benekestrasse 2 8 D 61231 Bad Nauheim, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 71:1724-32. 2012....
- Identification of differentially expressed genes in ileal Peyer's patch of scrapie-infected sheep using RNA arbitrarily primed PCRLars Austbø
Department of Basic Sciences and Aquatic Medicine, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, P O Box 8146 Dep, N 0033, Oslo, Norway
BMC Vet Res 4:12. 2008..In the present study, we have examined differential gene expression in ileal Peyer's patches and in laser microdissected follicles of sheep infected with scrapie...
- Developments in the synovial biology field 2006Anette Knedla
Department for Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Kerckhoff Clinic, Bad Nauheim, Benekestr, 2 8, D 61231 Bad Nauheim, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 9:209. 2007....
- Rheumatoid arthritis progression mediated by activated synovial fibroblastsElena Neumann
Dept of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Justus Liebig University Giesen, Kerckhoff Klinik, Benekestr 2 8, D 61231 Bad Nauheim, Germany
Trends Mol Med 16:458-68. 2010..Here, we review new findings regarding RASF activation and their altered behavior that contribute to matrix destruction and inflammation as well as their potential to spread RA...
- Cell culture and passaging alters gene expression pattern and proliferation rate in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblastsElena Neumann
Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, University of Giessben, Kerckhoff Klinik, D 61231 Bad Nauheim, Benekestr, 2 8, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R83. 2010..We evaluated, whether passaging during culture and freezing has effects on gene expression and cell proliferation...
- Adiponectin-mediated changes in effector cells involved in the pathophysiology of rheumatoid arthritisKlaus W Frommer
Justus Liebig University Giessen and Kerckhoff Klinik, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 62:2886-99. 2010....
- Migratory potential of rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts: additional perspectivesElena Neumann
Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Kerckhoff Klinik Bad Nauheim, Germany
Cell Cycle 9:2286-91. 2010....
- Native albumin for targeted drug deliveryElena Neumann
Justus Liebig University Giessen, Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Kerckhoff Klinik Bad Nauheim, Benekestr 2 8, 61231 Bad Nauheim, Germany
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 7:915-25. 2010..Drug carriers such as albumin have been used to target specifically diseased and malignant cells, resulting in higher efficacy of treatment and reduced side effects...
- [Adipocytokines as driving forces in rheumatoid arthritis]E Neumann
Innere Medizin mit Schwerpunkt Rheumatologie, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, Kerckhoff Klinik, Bad Nauheim, Benekestr 2 8, 61231 Bad Nauheim
Z Rheumatol 66:139-41. 2007
- [New pathophysological relevant metabolic pathways in osteoporosis. Future innovative therapies?]E Neumann
Abteilung für Innere Medizin mit Schwerpunkt Rheumatologie der Justus Liebig Universität Giessen, Abteilung für Rheumatologie und klinische Immunologie, Kerckhoff Klinik, Bad Nauheim
Z Rheumatol 65:400, 402-6. 2006..The RANK/RANKL/OPG-System is actively involved in the differentiation and function of osteoclasts and seems to play a central part in most pathophysiological mechanisms that are active in osteoporosis...
- The therapeutic use of osmotic minipumps in the severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) mouse model for rheumatoid arthritisA Knedla
Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Kerckhoff Klinik Bad Nauheim, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 68:124-9. 2009..As the production of viruses coding for bioactive proteins is cost and time intensive, we established an in vivo long-term release model using osmotic minipumps in the SCID mouse model for RA...
- A1.42 Adiponectin: modulation of bone remodelling in rheumatoid arthritisG Krumbholz
Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Justus Liebig University Giesen, Kerckhoff Klinik Bad Nauheim
Ann Rheum Dis 73:A18. 2014..In this study, we therefore focussed on the influence of adiponectin on RA osteoblast and osteoclast activity, their differentiation as well as the immunomodulatory properties of adiponectin...
- A1.17 Analysis of two essential sub-processes of long distance migration of synovial fibroblasts from patients with rheumatoid arthritisB Zimmermann
Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Justus Liebig University Giesen, Kerckhoff Klinik, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 73:A7. 2014..In this study, expression of the E-selectin ligand CD15s, interaction of RASF with EC via E-selectin as well as kinetics of vascular growth induced by RASF in the SCID mouse model were analysed...
- Differential transcriptome analysis of intraarticular lesional vs intact cartilage reveals new candidate genes in osteoarthritis pathophysiologyM Geyer
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Kerckhoff Klinik, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 17:328-35. 2009....
- A1.35 Adiponectin isoform-mediated effects on P38 MAPK and AMPK pathways in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblastsK Khawaja
Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Kerckhoff Klinik, Benekestrasse 2 8, D 61231 Bad Nauheim, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 73:A15. 2014..The aim of the present study was to verify which signalling molecules are involved in the adiponectin-induced signalling in RASF and to analyse potential differences in the adiponectin isoform-mediated signalling...
- [Bone metabolism: molecular mechanisms]E Neumann
Abteilung für Innere Medizin und Rheumatologie, Justus Liebig Universitat, Giessen
Z Rheumatol 66:286-9. 2007..Disturbances of this process lead via increased bone resorption to osteoporosis, and via increased synthesis to osteopetrosis. This contribution describes the known molecular mechanisms in this remodelling process...
- Methotrexate (MTX) and albumin coupled with MTX (MTX-HSA) suppress synovial fibroblast invasion and cartilage degradation in vivoC Fiehn
Department of Haematology, Oncology and Rheumatology, Clinic of Internal Medicine V, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 63:884-6. 2004..To investigate the effect of methotrexate (MTX) and albumin coupled with methotrexate (MTX-HSA) on cartilage invasion and induction of perichondrocytic degradation by rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts (RA SF) in vivo...
- p53 in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts at sites of invasionC A Seemayer
Centre of Experimental Rheumatology and WHO Collaborating Centre for Molecular Biology and Novel Therapeutic Strategies for Rheumatic Diseases, Department of Rheumatology, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Rheum Dis 62:1139-44. 2003..To analyse the functional response of p53 in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts (RASF) in vitro and in vivo and to investigate whether activation of p53 modulates the destructive process of RASF...
- Laser-mediated microdissection facilitates analysis of area-specific gene expression in rheumatoid synoviumM Judex
University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 48:97-102. 2003..The present study was undertaken to establish parameters for this technique and assess its usefulness for gene expression analysis...
- Inhibition of cartilage destruction by double gene transfer of IL-1Ra and IL-10 involves the activin pathwayE Neumann
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Regensburg, Germany
Gene Ther 9:1508-19. 2002....
- Identification of differentially expressed genes in rheumatoid arthritis by a combination of complementary DNA array and RNA arbitrarily primed-polymerase chain reactionE Neumann
University of Regensburg, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 46:52-63. 2002..A combination of RNA arbitrarily primed-polymerase chain reaction (RAP-PCR) and complementary DNA (cDNA) array with defined genes was used for a highly sensitive differential screening using small amounts of RNA...