Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Kerckhoff-Klinik Bad Nauheim
Location: Bad Nauheim, Germany
- IGF-independent effects of IGFBP-2 on the human breast cancer cell line Hs578TKlaus W Frommer
Pediatric Endocrinology Section, University Children s Hospital, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
J Mol Endocrinol 37:13-23. 2006..Our results suggest that IGFBP-2-induced gene expressions are of functional significance for proliferation, cell adhesion, cell migration and apoptosis, and showed that IGFBP-2 can promote apoptosis in tumor cells independent of IGF...
- Visfatin/pre-B-cell colony-enhancing factor (PBEF), a proinflammatory and cell motility-changing factor in rheumatoid arthritisFlorian M P Meier
Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, and the Kerckhoff Klinik, D 61231 Bad Nauheim, Germany
J Biol Chem 287:28378-85. 2012..The results of this study indicate that visfatin/PBEF is involved in synovial fibroblast activation by triggering fibroblast motility and promoting cytokine synthesis at central sites in RA synovium...
- Update on the profile of the EUSTAR cohort: an analysis of the EULAR Scleroderma Trials and Research group databaseFlorian M P Meier
Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Justus Liebig University Gießen Kerckhoff Klinik, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 71:1355-60. 2012..Systemic sclerosis (SSc) is a rare disease requiring multicentre collaboration to reveal comprehensive details of disease-related causes for morbidity and mortality...
- Adiponectin isoforms: a potential therapeutic target in rheumatoid arthritis?Klaus W Frommer
Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology Justus Liebig University Giessen Kerckhoff Klinik Benekestrasse 2 8 D 61231 Bad Nauheim, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 71:1724-32. 2012....
- Chemerin induces CCL2 and TLR4 in synovial fibroblasts of patients with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritisKristina Eisinger
Department of Internal Medicine I, Regensburg University Hospital, D 93042 Regensburg, Germany
Exp Mol Pathol 92:90-6. 2012..Here, we analyzed whether synovial fibroblasts express chemerin and its receptor CMKLR1. Further, the role of chemerin in synovial fibroblast chemotaxis, proliferation, insulin response and release of inflammatory proteins was studied...
- Adiponectin-mediated changes in effector cells involved in the pathophysiology of rheumatoid arthritisKlaus W Frommer
Justus Liebig University Giessen and Kerckhoff Klinik, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 62:2886-99. 2010....
- Immune response of human propagated gammadelta-T-cells to neuroblastoma recommend the Vdelta1+ subset for gammadelta-T-cell-based immunotherapyKarin Schilbach
Department of Pediatric Stem Cell Transplantation, University Children s Hospital, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Immunother 31:896-905. 2008..Furthermore, in contrast to other cell types, Vdelta1+ T cells do not sustain a growth-promoting or tolerogenic microenvironment. These data make Vdelta1+ T cells an ideal candidate for upcoming immunotherapy trials in Nb...
- Expression and function of ETA and ETB receptors in SScK W Frommer
Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Kerckhoff Klinik Bad Nauheim, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:v27-8. 2008....
- Insulin-like growth factors and binding proteins in early milk from mothers of preterm and term infantsMartin W Elmlinger
Pediatric Endocrinology Section, University Children s Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
Horm Res 68:124-31. 2007..The results provide further evidence that IGFBP-2 and IGF-II in breast milk are relevant factors for the early development of preterm infants...
- [Intracellular signaling transduction pathways. Potential targets in the treatment of rheumatic diseases]K W Frommer
Innere Medizin mit Schwerpunkt Rheumatologie, Kerckhoff Klinik, Abt Rheumatologie und Klin Immunologie, Franz Groedel Institut, Justus Liebig Universität Gießen, Benekestr 2 8, 61231, Bad Nauheim, Deutschland
Z Rheumatol 71:460-7. 2012..The English full-text version of this article is available at SpringerLink (under "Supplemental")...