Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Kerckhoff-Klinik Bad Nauheim
Location: Bad Nauheim, Germany
- Schilbach K, Frommer K, Meier S, Handgretinger R, Eyrich M. Immune response of human propagated gammadelta-T-cells to neuroblastoma recommend the Vdelta1+ subset for gammadelta-T-cell-based immunotherapy. J Immunother. 2008;31:896-905 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in contrast to other cell types, Vdelta1+ T cells do not sustain a growth-promoting or tolerogenic microenvironment. These data make Vdelta1+ T cells an ideal candidate for upcoming immunotherapy trials in Nb. ..
- Frommer K, Zimmermann B, Meier F, Schröder D, Heil M, Schaffler A, et al. Adiponectin-mediated changes in effector cells involved in the pathophysiology of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:2886-99 pubmed publisher..Adiponectin promotes inflammation through cytokine synthesis, attraction of inflammatory cells to the synovium, and recruitment of prodestructive cells via chemokines, thus promoting matrix destruction at sites of cartilage invasion. ..
- Meier F, Frommer K, Dinser R, Walker U, Czirjak L, Denton C, et al. Update on the profile of the EUSTAR cohort: an analysis of the EULAR Scleroderma Trials and Research group database. Ann Rheum Dis. 2012;71:1355-60 pubmed publisher..The EUSTAR database provides an abundance of information on the true clinical face of SSc that will be helpful in improving the classification of SSc and its subsets and for developing more specific therapeutic recommendations. ..
- Frommer K, Reichenmiller K, Schutt B, Hoeflich A, Ranke M, Dodt G, et al. IGF-independent effects of IGFBP-2 on the human breast cancer cell line Hs578T. J Mol Endocrinol. 2006;37:13-23 pubmed..Our results suggest that IGFBP-2-induced gene expressions are of functional significance for proliferation, cell adhesion, cell migration and apoptosis, and showed that IGFBP-2 can promote apoptosis in tumor cells independent of IGF. ..
- Elmlinger M, Hochhaus F, Loui A, Frommer K, Obladen M, Ranke M. Insulin-like growth factors and binding proteins in early milk from mothers of preterm and term infants. Horm Res. 2007;68:124-31 pubmed..The results provide further evidence that IGFBP-2 and IGF-II in breast milk are relevant factors for the early development of preterm infants. ..
- Frommer K, Müller Ladner U. Expression and function of ETA and ETB receptors in SSc. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2008;47 Suppl 5:v27-8 pubmed publisher....
- Eisinger K, Bauer S, Schaffler A, Walter R, Neumann E, Buechler C, et al. Chemerin induces CCL2 and TLR4 in synovial fibroblasts of patients with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Exp Mol Pathol. 2012;92:90-6 pubmed publisher..These data show that human SFs express both chemerin and its receptor. As chemerin enhanced expression of TLR4 and induced release of CCL2 in SFs, a role of this protein in innate immune system-associated joint inflammation is proposed. ..
- Frommer K, Schaffler A, Büchler C, Steinmeyer J, Rickert M, Rehart S, et al. Adiponectin isoforms: a potential therapeutic target in rheumatoid arthritis?. Ann Rheum Dis. 2012;71:1724-32 pubmed publisher....
- Meier F, Frommer K, Peters M, Brentano F, Lefèvre S, Schröder D, et al. Visfatin/pre-B-cell colony-enhancing factor (PBEF), a proinflammatory and cell motility-changing factor in rheumatoid arthritis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:28378-85 pubmed publisher..The results of this study indicate that visfatin/PBEF is involved in synovial fibroblast activation by triggering fibroblast motility and promoting cytokine synthesis at central sites in RA synovium. ..
- Frommer K, Geyer M, Firestein G. [Intracellular signaling transduction pathways. Potential targets in the treatment of rheumatic diseases]. Z Rheumatol. 2012;71:460-7 pubmed publisher..The English full-text version of this article is available at SpringerLink (under "Supplemental"). ..