- [Telemedicine stroke department network. Introduction of a telemedicine pilot project for integrated stroke management in South Bavaria and analysis of its efficiency]H J Audebert
Abteilung fur Neurologie, Stadtisches Krankenhaus Munchen Harlaching
Nervenarzt 75:161-5. 2004..Data acquisition started in July 2003, and final results are expected in 2005...
- Comparison of tissue plasminogen activator administration management between Telestroke Network hospitals and academic stroke centers: the Telemedical Pilot Project for Integrative Stroke Care in Bavaria/GermanyHeinrich J Audebert
Department of Neurology, Städtisches Klinikum München GmbH, Klinikum Harlaching, Munchen, Germany
Stroke 37:1822-7. 2006....
- Telestroke: effective networkingHeinrich Audebert
Department of Neurology, Städtisches Klinikum München GmbH, Krankenhaus, Harlaching, Sanatoriumsplatz 2, 81545 München, Germany
Lancet Neurol 5:279-82. 2006..On the one hand, it provides rapid access to specialised interventions through initiation of interhospital transfers, and on the other hand, it might lead to major improvements in basic on-site stroke therapy...
- [Problems of emergency transfers of patients after a stroke. Results of a telemedicine pilot project for integrated stroke accommodation in southeast Bavaria (TEMPiS)]H J Audebert
Abteilung fur Neurologie, Städtisches Klinikum München GmbH, Klinikum Harlaching
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 130:2495-500. 2005..For this reason, interhospital transfers from primary hospitals need to be done without delay...
- Can telemedicine contribute to fulfill WHO Helsingborg Declaration of specialized stroke care?Heinrich J Audebert
Abteilung fur Neurologie, Stadtisches Krankenhaus Munchen Harlaching, Munchen Harlaching, Deutschland
Cerebrovasc Dis 20:362-9. 2005..In order to achieve specialized stroke care for a large area, two stroke centers and 12 community hospitals established an integrative stroke network. This evaluation was performed to analyze achieved advances in stroke management...
- Cerebral ischemic infarction in paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria report of 2 cases and updated review of 7 previously published patientsHeinrich J Audebert
Dept of Neurology, Stadtisches Krankenhaus, Munchen Harlaching, Sanatoriumsplatz 2, 81545 München Harlaching, Germany
J Neurol 252:1379-86. 2005..Clinical symptoms consist of various combinations of intravascular hemolysis, bone marrow failure and mainly venous thrombotic events. Arterial thrombosis has been described only in a few cases...
- Telemedicine for safe and extended use of thrombolysis in stroke: the Telemedic Pilot Project for Integrative Stroke Care (TEMPiS) in BavariaHeinrich J Audebert
Department of Neurology, Stadtisches Krankenhaus Munchen Harlaching, Munich, Germany
Stroke 36:287-91. 2005..One major goal of the ongoing Telemedic Pilot Project for Integrative Stroke Care (TEMPiS) in Bavaria is to extend the use of tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) treatment in nonurban areas through telemedic support...
- [The stroke patient in the doctor's office]H Audebert
Abteilung fur Neurologie, Städt Krankenhaus München Harlaching
MMW Fortschr Med 146:25-6, 28-9. 2004..The rigorous treatment of secondary complications, or the reinstitution of rehabilitation measures to minimize functional impairments are tasks that can only be performed by the general practitioner...
- Systemic inflammatory response depends on initial stroke severity but is attenuated by successful thrombolysisHeinrich J Audebert
Department of Neurology, Hospital Munich Harlaching, Germany
Stroke 35:2128-33. 2004....
- Progression in lacunar stroke is related to elevated acute phase parametersHeinrich J Audebert
Stadtisches Krankenhaus Munchen Harlaching, Munchen, Deutschland
Eur Neurol 51:125-31. 2004..This investigation studied the frequency and the course of neurological deterioration as well as predictors and possible underlying pathomechanisms of early progression in lacunar stroke...
- Effects of the implementation of a telemedical stroke network: the Telemedic Pilot Project for Integrative Stroke Care (TEMPiS) in Bavaria, GermanyHeinrich J Audebert
Department of Neurology, Klinikum Harlaching, Städtisches Klinikum München GmbH, Germany
Lancet Neurol 5:742-8. 2006..We aimed to assess the effects of a stroke network with telemedical support in Germany on quality of care, according to acute processes and long-term outcome...
- Admission facility is associated with outcome of basilar artery occlusionRobert Muller
Department of Neurology, Klinikum Harlaching, Städtisches Klinikum München GmbH, Munich, Germany
Stroke 38:1380-3. 2007..We investigated whether initial admission to telemedically linked general hospitals with subsequent stroke-center transfer is related to poorer outcome than direct admission to stroke centers...
- Telemedically provided stroke expertise beyond normal working hours. The Telemedical Project for Integrative Stroke CareBijan Vatankhah
Department of Neurology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Cerebrovasc Dis 25:332-7. 2008..Telemedicine can improve that situation by offering rapid access to neurological expertise, but it has not been shown to what extent it is used beyond working times...
- Telestroke: scientific resultsHeinrich J Audebert
Center for Stroke Research, Department of Neurology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Cerebrovasc Dis 27:15-20. 2009..There are still insufficient data about the use of telemedicine in stroke prevention, rehabilitation and post-stroke care...
- Initiation of oral anticoagulation after acute ischaemic stroke or transient ischaemic attack: timing and complications of overlapping heparin or conventional treatmentHeinrich J Audebert
Stroke Unit, Department of Ageing and Health, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Cerebrovasc Dis 26:171-7. 2008..There are no studies investigating timing and complications of different strategies for initiation of oral anticoagulation after acute stroke or transient ischaemic attack (TIA)...
- Therapy of basilar artery occlusion: individual protocols neededBijan Vatankhah
Stroke 38:e29; author reply e30. 2007