Affiliation: Asklepios Katharina Schroth Spinal Deformities Rehabilitation Centre
- Selection criteria for radiofrequency ablation for colorectal liver metastases in the era of effective systemic therapy: a clinical score based proposalAxel Stang
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Asklepios Hospital Barmbek, Rübenkamp 220, 22291 Hamburg, Germany
BMC Cancer 14:500. 2014..We aimed to define selection criteria for patients with liver-limited CLM who may benefit from adding RFA to systemic therapy with respect to long-term disease control...
- A systematic review on the clinical benefit and role of radiofrequency ablation as treatment of colorectal liver metastasesAxel Stang
Department of Oncology, Asklepios Hospital Hamburg Altona, Germany
Eur J Cancer 45:1748-56. 2009..To evaluate the role of radiofrequency ablation (RFA) as treatment of colorectal cancer liver metastases (CLMs)...
- Differentiation of benign from malignant focal splenic lesions using sulfur hexafluoride-filled microbubble contrast-enhanced pulse-inversion sonographyAxel Stang
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Asklepios Klinik Altona, Paul Ehrlich Strasse 1, D 22763 Hamburg, Germany
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:709-21. 2009..The purpose of our study was to evaluate whether sonographic characterization of focal splenic lesions could be improved by using low mechanical index pulse-inversion sonography after sulfur hexafluoride-filled microbubble injection...
- Real-time ultrasonography-computed tomography fusion imaging for staging of hepatic metastatic involvement in patients with colorectal cancer: initial results from comparison to US seeing separate CT images and to multidetector-row CT aloneAxel Stang
Department of Oncology, Asklepios Hospital Altona, Hamburg, Germany
Invest Radiol 45:491-501. 2010....
- Incidentally detected splenic lesions in ultrasound: does contrast-enhanced ultrasonography improve the differentiation of benign hemangioma/hamartoma from malignant lesions?A Stang
Department of Hematology, Oncology, and Palliative Care, Asklepios Hospital Barmbek, Hamburg, Germany
Ultraschall Med 32:582-92. 2011..The aim of the study was to identify and validate enhancing features for differentiating benign vascular neoplasms of the hemangioma/hamartoma type from malignant splenic lesions on contrast-enhanced ultrasonography (CEUS)...