Affiliation: Asklepios Katharina Schroth Spinal Deformities Rehabilitation Centre
- Microvascular imaging in acute ischemic strokeGunter Seidel
Department of Neurology, Asklepios Klinik Nord Heidberg, Hamburg, Germany
J Neuroimaging 23:166-9. 2013..Microvascular imaging (MVI), a new ultrasound technology, is used to analyze brain perfusion at the patient's bedside. This study aims to evaluate the diagnostic and prognostic value of MVI in patients with acute ischemic stroke (AIS)...
- [Secondary prophylaxis of stroke from a neurological perspective]G Seidel
Abteilung Neurologie, Asklepios Klinik Nord, Tangstedter Landstr 400, 22417, Hamburg, Deutschland
Herz 38:251-60. 2013....
- Introduction of a new model for time-continuous and non-contact investigations of in-vitro thrombolysis under physiological flow conditionsFlorian C Roessler
Department of Neurology, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
BMC Neurol 11:58. 2011..Currently there is no model that allows for time-continuous, non-contact measurements under physiological flow conditions. The aim of this work was to introduce such a model...
- The influence of Doppler system settings on the clearance kinetics of different ultrasound contrast agentsG Seidel
Department of Neurology, Medical University at Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538, Lubeck, Germany
Eur J Ultrasound 9:167-75. 1999..To evaluate the influence of different Doppler system settings on time-intensity curves after ultrasound contrast agent (UCA) bolus injection. This is important for the comparison of different UCAs...
- Harmonic imaging of the brain parenchyma using a perfluorobutane-containing ultrasound contrast agentG Seidel
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Ultrasound Med Biol 27:915-8. 2001..This is the explanation for the paradoxical result that the higher dose leads to a lower peak signal increase in the brain parenchyma...
- Evaluation of blood flow in the cerebral microcirculation: analysis of the refill kinetics during ultrasound contrast agent infusionG Seidel
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538, Lubeck, Germany
Ultrasound Med Biol 27:1059-64. 2001..18 and p = 0.025, respectively). It is possible to evaluate changes in brain perfusion through the intact skull by analyzing the UCA refill kinetics after US-induced microbubble destruction...
- Pharmacokinetics of echocontrast agent infusion in a dog modelM Kaps
Department of Neurology, Medical Centre of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Am Steg 14, D 35385 Giessen, Germany
J Neuroimaging 11:298-302. 2001..Unlike the bell-shaped course of Doppler signal enhancement seen after bolus injection, infusion generates a stable plateau, which is an important prerequisite for more advanced contrast applications...
- Harmonic imaging of the human brain. Visualization of brain perfusion with ultrasoundG Seidel
Department of Neurology, Medical University Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Stroke 31:151-4. 2000..Through harmonic gray-scale imaging, it is possible to analyze brain tissue perfusion with different ultrasound methods...
- Harmonic imaging--a new method for the sonographic assessment of cerebral perfusionG Seidel
Department of Neurology, Medical University Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Eur J Ultrasound 14:103-13. 2001....
- Early treatment with aspirin plus extended-release dipyridamole for transient ischaemic attack or ischaemic stroke within 24 h of symptom onset (EARLY trial): a randomised, open-label, blinded-endpoint trialReinhard Dengler
Department of Neurology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Lancet Neurol 9:159-66. 2010..The EARLY trial aimed to compare outcome in patients given aspirin plus extended-release dipyridamole twice daily either within 24 h of stroke or TIA or after 7 days of aspirin monotherapy...