Hermann P T Ammon
- The phosphatase inhibitor okadaic acid blocks KCl-depolarization-induced rise of cytosolic calcium of rat insulinoma cells (RINm5F)H P Ammon
Department of Pharmacology, University of Tubingen, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 354:95-101. 1996..The data also suggest that in RINm5F cells protein phosphatases PP-1/PP-2A are related to the function of voltage-dependent calcium channels...
- K-ATP channel independent effects of pinacidil on ATP production in isolated cardiomyocyte or pancreatic beta-cell mitochondriaNicolas Lembert
Department of Pharmacology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Biochem Pharmacol 65:1835-41. 2003..In beta-cells without a metabolically inhibited succinate dehydrogenase, there is no stimulation by PIN and tissue protection by PIN is not to be expected...
- Modulation of the immune system by Boswellia serrata extracts and boswellic acidsH P T Ammon
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Phytomedicine 17:862-7. 2010....
- [Cinnamon in type 2 diabetics]Hermann P T Ammon
Pharmakologie für Naturwissenschaftler, Pharmazeutisches Institut, Universitat Tubingen, Tubingen
Med Monatsschr Pharm 31:179-83. 2008..In contrary the medical site in this case claims cinnamon as a drug because of its pharmacological effects on glucose tolerance, insulin resistance, insulin release and blood-sugar. In the meantime this is a case of jurisdiction...
- Boswellic acids in chronic inflammatory diseasesH P T Ammon
Dept of Pharmacology, Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Planta Med 72:1100-16. 2006..Side effects are not severe when compared to modern drugs used for the treatment of these diseases...
- [Boswellic acids (the active agent in incense) for the treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases]Hermann P Ammon
, Auf der Morgenstelle 8,
Med Monatsschr Pharm 26:309-15. 2003
- [Boswellic acids (components of frankincense) as the active principle in treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases]H P T Ammon
Lehrstuhl Pharmakologie für Naturwissenschaftler, Pharmazeutisches Institut der Universität Tübingen, Deutschland
Wien Med Wochenschr 152:373-8. 2002..In clinical trials promising results were observed in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, chronic colitis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, bronchial asthma und peritumoral brains edemas...
- In vitro test of new biomaterials for the development of a bioartificial pancreasN Lembert
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tubingen, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 944:271-6. 2001..In conclusion, in vitro membrane screening identified highly substituted hydroxy-methylated PSU as the material of choice for islet encapsulation in a bioartificial pancreas...
- Macroencapsulation of rat islets without alteration of insulin secretion kineticsN Lembert
Department of Pharmacology, University of Tubingen, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 109:116-9. 2001..In conclusion, highly substituted hydroxy methylated polysulphone allows a rapid and efficient insulin release after macroencapsulation and is suited for the further development of a bioartificial pancreas...
- Methyl pyruvate initiates membrane depolarization and insulin release by metabolic factors other than ATPN Lembert
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tubingen, Auf der Morgenstelle 8, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Biochem J 354:345-50. 2001..Instead MP may exert a direct extramitochondrial effect, or it may stimulate beta-cell mitochondria to produce coupling factors different from ATP to initiate insulin release...
- Concentration-dependent potentiating and inhibitory effects of Boswellia extracts on 5-lipoxygenase product formation in stimulated PMNLH Safayhi
Department of Pharmacology, University of Tuebingen, Germany
Planta Med 66:110-3. 2000..The in vitro data underline the major importance of drug standardization when Boswellia resin containing preparations are used for the treatment of diseases...
- Acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid induces apoptosis in HL-60 and CCRF-CEM cells and inhibits topoisomerase IR F Hoernlein
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Pharmacology, Tuebingen
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 288:613-9. 1999..The data suggest that induction of apoptosis in HL-60 and CCRF-CEM by AKBA may be due to inhibition of topoisomerase I in these cells...
- Distribution and stimulation by gastrin-releasing peptide of protein kinase C subfamilies in insulin-secreting cellsA Bihlmayer
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Eberhard-Karls University, , Germany
Neuroendocrinology 73:352-7. 2001..It is suggested that PKC alpha, beta and/or zeta may play a role in the modulation of insulin secretion by GRP...
- [Ca(2+)](i)- and insulin-stimulating effect of the non-membranepermeable phosphatase-inhibitor microcystin-LR in intact insulin-secreting cells (RINm5F)T Leiers
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Eberhard Karls University Tubingen, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 130:1406-10. 2000..5. From these data we conclude that microcystin-LR could affect Ca(2+)-channels and insulin release by inhibiting an extracellular phosphatase-like activity...
- Distribution of protein phosphatases type 1 and 2A in RINm5F cellsT Cartus
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Pharmacology, University of Tubingen, Germany
Regul Pept 77:77-81. 1998..The data suggest that in membrane and nuclear fractions of RINmSF cells predominantly PP1 is present, whereas in the cytosol PP1 as well as PP2A can be detected...
- Optimized biosensor for whole blood measurements using a new cellulose based membraneS Eisele
Department of Pharmacology, , Germany
Biosens Bioelectron 9:119-24. 1994..In addition, the measuring range of the glucose sensor could be extended up to 170 mM glucose by treating the bacterial cellulose membrane with a polyamide...
- Potentiation of forskolin-induced increase of cAMP by diamide and N-ethylmaleimide in rat pancreatic isletsM I Anazodo
Pharmazeutisches Institut, Abteilung Pharmakologie, , Germany
Horm Metab Res 22:61-4. 1990..The potentiation of forskolin-induced cAMP production in intact islet cells by diamide and NEM may be due to inactivation of the thiols related to the Ni-protein...