- Treatment of chronic HCV genotype 1 infection with telaprevir: a Bayesian mixed treatment comparison of fixed-length and response-guided treatment regimens in treatment-naïve and -experienced patientsArmin D Goralczyk
Division of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, University Medical Center Goettingen, Georg August University Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
BMC Gastroenterol 13:148. 2013....
- Vitamin D status and serum ferritin concentration in chronic hepatitis C virus type 1 infectionAhmad Amanzada
Division of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, University Medical Center, Gottingen, Germany
J Med Virol 85:1534-41. 2013..Elevated ferritin, furthermore, was found to be an independent predictor for standard IFN-based therapy responsiveness...
- Myeloperoxidase and elastase are only expressed by neutrophils in normal and in inflamed liverAhmad Amanzada
Department of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, University Clinic of the Georg August University, Robert Koch Straße 40, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 135:305-15. 2011..Our results demonstrate that, increased expression of MPO in damaged rat and human liver is due to recruited elastase positive NGs...
- Ultra-rapid virological response, young age, low γ-GT/ALT-ratio, and absence of steatosis identify a subgroup of HCV Genotype 3 patients who achieve SVR with IFN-α(2a) monotherapyAhmad Amanzada
Department of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Georg August University, Robert Koch Straße 40, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Dig Dis Sci 56:3296-304. 2011..However, this therapy has substantial side-effects including anemia, is teratogenic, and costly. To reduce the side-effects of therapy, the role of monotherapy consisting of only IFN-α was investigated...
- Early anemia and rapid virological response improve the predictive efficiency of IL28B-genotype for treatment outcome to antiviral combination therapy in patients infected with chronic HCV genotype 1Ahmad Amanzada
Division of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
J Med Virol 84:1208-16. 2012..This finding may help to early identify responders to standard PEG-IFN-α and ribavirin treatment even within those with unfavorable IL28B genotype...
- Ferritin L is the sole serum ferritin constituent and a positive hepatic acute-phase proteinNaila Naz
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, University Medical Center, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Shock 39:520-6. 2013..g., IL-6). In contrast, FTH expression is intracellular in both under physiological and AP conditions...
- Rat model of fractionated (2 Gy/day) 60 Gy irradiation of the liver: long-term effectsMargret Rave-Frank
Department of Radiotherapy, University Medical Center, Gottingen, Germany
Radiat Environ Biophys 52:321-38. 2013..Lack of "provisional clot"-formation and absence of recruitment of mononuclear phagocytes could be one explanation for scar formation as incomplete repair response to irradiation. ..
- Identification of CD68(+) neutrophil granulocytes in in vitro model of acute inflammation and inflammatory bowel diseaseAhmad Amanzada
Division of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Medical Center, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 6:561-70. 2013..These results identify CD-68(+) NGs in peripheral blood and inflamed colonic mucosa. CD-68 is not only a marker for the macrophages-monocytes but also for NGs...
- Induction of chemokines and cytokines before neutrophils and macrophage recruitment in different regions of rat liver after TAA administrationAhmad Amanzada
Clinic for Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, University Medical Center Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Lab Invest 94:235-47. 2014..Periportal inflammation seems to precede hepatocellular damage. ..
- Differential gene expression of chemokines in KRAS and BRAF mutated colorectal cell lines: Role of cytokinesSajjad Khan
Sajjad Khan, Silke Cameron, Martina Blaschke, Federico Moriconi, Naila Naz, Ahmad Amanzada, Giuliano Ramadori, Ihtzaz Ahmed Malik, Clinic of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, University Medical Center, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 20:2979-94. 2014..To study KRAS/BRAF mutations in colorectal-cancer (CRC) that influences the efficacy of treatment. To develop strategies for overcoming combination of treatment...
- The anti-TNF-α antibody infliximab indirectly regulates PECAM-1 gene expression in two models of in vitro blood cell activationFederico Moriconi
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, University Hospital, Georg August University Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Lab Invest 92:166-77. 2012..These results also suggest that TGF-β may thus be of therapeutic importance as an anti-inflammatory agent...
- Characterization of the erythropoietin/erythropoietin receptor axis in a rat model of liver damage and cholangiocarcinoma developmentFederico Moriconi
Department of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, Center of Internal Medicine, University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 139:473-85. 2013..This study suggests that the autocrine and paracrine release of endogenous EPO in the microenvironment may contribute to the development and maintenance of the CC possibly in cooperation with other signaling pathways...
- Interferon-λ4 (IFNL4) transcript expression in human liver tissue samplesAhmad Amanzada
Department of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, University Medical Center Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e84026. 2013..It provides a possible explanation as to why hepatitis C patients show ISG stimulation in their livers in the apparent absence of an induction of other IFN subtypes. ..
- A case report of a patient with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia treated successively with thalidomide and bevacizumabAhmad Amanzada
Department of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, University Clinic of the Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Case Rep Oncol 3:463-70. 2010..Here we describe a dramatic improvement of a patient with a high transfusion frequency due to severe recurrent anemia successively treated with thalidomide and bevacizumab...