Affiliation: Allgemeines Krankenhaus Eilbek
- Juvenile and young adult-onset systemic sclerosis share the same organ involvement in adulthood: data from the EUSTAR databaseIvan Foeldvari
Hamburger Zentrum für Kinder und Jugendrheumatologie, Kompetenz Zentrum für Sklerodermie im Kindesalter, Kompetenz Zentrum für autoimmune Uveitis im Kindesalter, am Klinikum Eilbek, Dehnhaide 120, D 22081 Hamburg, Germany
Rheumatology (Oxford) 51:1832-7. 2012....
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha blocker in treatment of juvenile idiopathic arthritis-associated uveitis refractory to second-line agents: results of a multinational surveyIvan Foeldvari
Department of Pediatric Rheumatology, Hamburger Zentrum für Kinder und Jugendrheumatologie, Klinikum Eilbek, Hamburg, Germany
J Rheumatol 34:1146-50. 2007..We organized a cross-sectional cohort to investigate use and efficacy of anti-TNF treatment in patients with JIA-associated uveitis...
- Healthy children have a significantly increased skin score assessed with the modified Rodnan skin scoreI Foeldvari
Pediatric Rheumatologic Clinic, Allgemeines Krankenhaus Eilbek, Friedrichsbergerstr 60, 22081 Hamburg, Germany
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:76-8. 2006..Before we can apply this outcome measure in trials in juvenile patients with SSc, we need to evaluate this assessment method in children without sclerodermatous skin changes, to establish values for the normal paediatric population...
- Methotrexate is an effective treatment for chronic uveitis associated with juvenile idiopathic arthritisIvan Foeldvari
Pediatric Rheumatologic Clinic, Allgemeines Krankenhaus Eilbek, Hamburg, Germany
J Rheumatol 32:362-5. 2005..To assess the effectiveness of methotrexate (MTX) in the treatment of juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) associated uveitis, which is still one of the most common causes of visual impairment...
- A prospective study comparing celecoxib with naproxen in children with juvenile rheumatoid arthritisIvan Foeldvari
Hamburger Zentrum für Kinder und Jugendrheumatologie, am Klinikum Eilbek, Dehnhaide 120, 22081 Hamburg, Germany
J Rheumatol 36:174-82. 2009..To compare the efficacy and safety of celecoxib and naproxen in children with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA)...
- Current developments in pediatric systemic sclerosisIvan Foeldvari
Hamburger Zentrum für Kinder und Jugendrheumatologie, Kompetenz Zentrum für Sklerodermie und autoimmune Uveitis im Kindesalter, am Klinikum Eilbek, Dehnhaide 120, D 22081, Hamburg, Germany
Curr Rheumatol Rep 11:97-102. 2009..There is a larger group of patients with overlap features in juvenile systemic sclerosis than in adult cohorts. There are also noticeable differences in organ involvement...
- Scleroderma in childrenIvan Foeldvari
Pediatric Rheumatology Clinic, Allgemeines Krankenhaus Eilbek, Hamburg, Germany
Curr Opin Rheumatol 14:699-703. 2002..New methods to assess prognosis are evolving and need to be validated in a larger patient population...
- High response rate in the phase I/II study of meloxicam in juvenile rheumatoid arthritisIvan Foeldvari
Pediatric Rheumatology Clinic, Am Allgemeinen Krankenhaus Eilbek, Hamburg, Germany
J Rheumatol 29:1079-83. 2002..In this 12 week Phase I/II study, with an additional open extension lasting up to 52 weeks, the safety, efficacy, and pharmacokinetics of meloxicam in JRA were investigated...
- [Autoinflammatory diseases in childhood]I Foeldvari
Hamburger Zentrum für Kinder und Jugendrheumatologie, Kompetenz Zentrum für Sklerodermie im Kindesalter und Kompetenz Zentrum für autoimmune Uveitis im Kindesalter am Klinikum Eilbek, 22081 Hamburg
Z Rheumatol 68:726-32. 2009..In our review we focus on the clinical presentation of these diseases...
- Effectiveness of leflunomide in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis in clinical practiceIvan Foeldvari
Kinder und Jugendrheumatologie, Hamburger Zentrum für Kinder und Jugendrheumatologie, am Klinikum Eilbek, Dehnhaide 120, 22081 Hamburg, Germany
J Rheumatol 37:1763-7. 2010..To evaluate the effectiveness of leflunomide in children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) as used in actual clinical practice...
- Characteristics of patients with juvenile onset systemic sclerosis in an adult single-center cohortIvan Foeldvari
Hamburger Zentrum für Kinder und Jugendrheumatologie, Kompetenz Zentrum für Sklerodermie und autoimmune Uveitis im Kindesalter, am Klinikum Eilbek, Dehnhaide 120, D 22081 Hamburg, Germany
J Rheumatol 37:2422-6. 2010..Systemic sclerosis (SSc) is a rare connective tissue disease in childhood. We compared the characteristics of adult patients with juvenile-onset SSc (jSSc) from a single-center cohort to an adult-onset group...
- Systemic sclerosis in childhoodI Foeldvari
Senior Consultant Pediatric Rheumatology Clinic, Allgemeines Krankenhaus Eilbek, Haus 6, Friedrichsberger Str 60, D 22081 Hamburg, Germany
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:iii28-9. 2006..The validation of the outcome measures for children with jSSc is currently in progress. Regarding effective treatment, there are no paediatric data and the paediatric rheumatologist needs to rely on the experiences in adult disease...
- Update on pediatric systemic sclerosis: similarities and differences from adult diseaseIvan Foeldvari
Hamburg Centre for Children and Youth Rheumatology, Kompetenzzentrum für Sklerodermie im Kindes und Jugendalter, am Klinikum Eilbek, Hamburg, Germany
Curr Opin Rheumatol 20:608-12. 2008..Aim of the review is to summarize the current knowledge about clinical presentation and prognosis of patients with juvenile onset systemic sclerosis and compare it with that of those with adult onset systemic sclerosis...
- Diffuse and limited cutaneous systemic sclerodermaI Foeldvari
University Children s Hospital, Pediatric Rheumatology Unit, Hamburg, Germany
Curr Opin Rheumatol 12:435-8. 2000..Palliative therapies have also improved markedly in recent years. The first controlled trials for patients with jSSc are being proposed...
- Recognition and management of scleroderma in childrenI Foeldvari
Paediatric Rheumatology Clinic, AK-Eilbek, Hamburg, Germany
Paediatr Drugs 3:575-83. 2001..The clinical presentation and disease course differ from the adult disease. This is reflected in the much better outcome. With regard to therapeutic options, there is still no gold standard for either form of the disease...
- A selective COX-2 inhibitor, meloxicam, as a treatment option in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis and gastrointestinal side effects from naproxenI Foeldvari
Clin Exp Rheumatol 20:874. 2002
- Acute, non-obstructive, sterile cholecystitis associated with etanercept and infliximab for the treatment of juvenile polyarticular rheumatoid arthritisI Foeldvari
Ann Rheum Dis 62:908-9. 2003
- The German etanercept registry for treatment of juvenile idiopathic arthritisG Horneff
Department of Paediatrics, University Medical Centre, Martin Luther University, Halle Wittenberg, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 63:1638-44. 2004..To describe a registry set up to monitor children treated with etanercept in Germany and Austria...
- Abatacept in children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled withdrawal trialNicolino Ruperto
IRCCS G Gaslini, PRINTO, Genoa, Italy
Lancet 372:383-91. 2008..We aimed to assess the safety and efficacy of abatacept, a selective T-cell costimulation modulator, in children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis who had failed previous treatments...
- [Inhibitors of tumour necrosis factor-alpha for the treatment of arthritis and uveitis in childhood]A Heiligenhaus
Uveitis Zentrum, Augenabteilung am St Franziskus Hospital, Munster
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 224:526-31. 2007..Besides from corticosteroids and immunosuppressive drugs, Tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) inhibitors are used frequently...
- Juvenile localized scleroderma: clinical and epidemiological features in 750 children. An international studyF Zulian
Dipartimento di Pediatria, Universita di Padova, Via Giustiniani 3, 35128 Padova, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:614-20. 2006..With the long-term goal of developing uniform classification criteria, we studied the epidemiological, clinical and immunological features of children with JLS followed by paediatric rheumatology and dermatology centres...
- [Health-related quality of life in children and adolescents with juvenile idiopathic arthritis: which role do age, sex and medical parameters play?]C Petersen
Institut und Poliklinik für Medizinische Psychologie, Universitatsklinikum, Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg
Klin Padiatr 220:259-65. 2008..Within a European study health-related quality of life of children and adolescents with idiopathic arthritis was assessed. The results of the German sample will be presented...
- [Naproxen-induced pseudoporphyria]J M Maerker
Hautarzt 52:1026-9. 2001..Both dermatologists and rheumatologists should be aware of the risk of naproxen-induced pseudoporphyria and discontinue therapy early in order to avoid scar formation in light-exposed areas...
- The German version of the Childhood Health Assessment Questionnaire (CHAQ) and the Child Health Questionnaire (CHQ)I Foeldvari
Kinderrheumatologie, Hamburg, Germany
Clin Exp Rheumatol 19:S71-5. 2001..In conclusion the German versions of the CHAQ-CHQ are reliable, and valid tools for the functional, physical and psychosocial assessment of children with JIA...
- Need for improved outcome measures in pulmonary arterial hypertension related to systemic sclerosisO Distler
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:1455-7. 2006