- Two novel missense mutations in ABCA1 result in altered trafficking and cause severe autosomal recessive HDL deficiencyChristiane Albrecht
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, Du Cane Road, London W12 ONN, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1689:47-57. 2004..Both mutations prevent normal trafficking of ABCA1, thereby explaining their inability to mediate apoA1-dependent lipid efflux...
- The ABCA subfamily--gene and protein structures, functions and associated hereditary diseasesChristiane Albrecht
Physiology Weihenstephan, Technical University Munich, Freising, Germany
Pflugers Arch 453:581-9. 2007..The objective of this review is to summarize the literature for this subfamily of ABC transporter proteins, excluding ABCA1 and ABCA4, which will be discussed in other chapters of this issue...
- A novel missense mutation in ABCA1 results in altered protein trafficking and reduced phosphatidylserine translocation in a patient with Scott syndromeChristiane Albrecht
Medical Research Council Clinical Sciences Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, London, United Kingdom
Blood 106:542-9. 2005..These data identify a mutation in ABCA1 that contributes to the defective PS translocation phenotype in our patient with SS...
- Degradation of Cry1Ab protein from genetically modified maize in the bovine gastrointestinal tractBodo Lutz
Physiology Weihenstephan, Technical University Munich, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, D 85350 Freising, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 53:1453-6. 2005..It was concluded that Cry1Ab protein is degraded during digestion in cattle. To avoid misinterpretation, samples tested positive for Cry1Ab protein by ELISA should be reassessed by another technique...
- Differential expression of ABC transporters and their regulatory genes during lactation and dry period in bovine mammary tissueCarolin Farke
Physiology Weihenstephan, Technical University Munich, 85354 Freising, Germany
J Dairy Res 75:406-14. 2008..The current mRNA expression analysis of transporters in the mammary gland is the prerequisite for elucidating novel molecular mechanisms underlying cholesterol and lipid transfer into milk...
- Type 2 diabetes is associated with reduced ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 gene expression, protein and functionDipesh C Patel
Division of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e22142. 2011....
- Sensitive and highly specific quantitative real-time PCR and ELISA for recording a potential transfer of novel DNA and Cry1Ab protein from feed into bovine milkPatrick Guertler
Physiology Weihenstephan, Technische Universitat Munchen, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, 85350, Freising, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 393:1629-38. 2009....
- A novel enzyme immunoassay specific for ABCA1 protein quantification in human tissues and cellsVijay Paul
Physiology Weihenstephan, Technical University Munich, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, 85350 Freising, Germany
J Lipid Res 49:2259-67. 2008..37 +/- 0.82 vs. 17.03 +/- 4.25 microg/g tissue; P < 0.01). The novel ELISA enables the quantification of ABCA1 protein in human tissues and confirms previous semiquantitative immunoblot results...
- Accelerated exposure of phosphatidylserine on lymphocyte populations from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus or rheumatoid arthritisChristiane Albrecht
MRC CSC, Membrane Transport Biology, London, UK
Thromb Haemost 93:989-92. 2005
- Functional polymorphism in ABCA1 influences age of symptom onset in coronary artery disease patientsTheodosios Kyriakou
Human Genetics Division, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, UK
Hum Mol Genet 16:1412-22. 2007..A trend towards higher symptom onset age in 825I allele carriers was observed. The data indicate an influence of common ABCA1 functional polymorphisms on age of symptom onset in CAD patients...
- Characterisation of lymphocyte responses to Ca2+ in Scott syndromeJames I Elliott
Thromb Haemost 91:412-5. 2004