- Prevention of hepatitis B flare-up during chemotherapy using lamivudine: case report and review of the literatureO H Al-Taie
Medizinische Poliklinik der Julius Maximilians Universität, Wurzburg, Germany
Ann Hematol 78:247-9. 1999..We suggest that lamivudine be considered for prophylaxis against fulminant hepatitis in patients with chronic HBV infection undergoing high-dose antineoplastic therapy...
- [Hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal carcinoma (HNPCC). Current review of etiology, clinical aspects, diagnosis and therapy]O Al-Taie
Medizinische Poliklinik, Universitat Wurzburg
Med Klin (Munich) 96:529-38. 2001..Typical characteristics are an early onset, usually before the age of 50, manifestation of colorectal cancer proximal of the splenic flexure, and often poorly differentiated carcinomas...
- Fast-growing gastric inflammatory pseudotumor: a rare manifestation of peptic ulcer diseaseO H Al-Taie
Medizinische Poliklinik, Julius Maximilians University, Wurzburg, Germany
Endoscopy 34:239. 2002
- A complex DNA-repeat structure within the Selenoprotein P promoter contains a functionally relevant polymorphism and is genetically unstable under conditions of mismatch repair deficiencyOliver H Al-Taie
Medizinische Poliklinik der Universität Würzburg, Germany
Eur J Hum Genet 10:499-504. 2002..Further studies on the effect of different SeP promoter genotypes on SeP protein expression and disease susceptibility are needed...
- Giant fold gastritis with consecutive gastric carcinoma in a patient with peutz-jeghers syndromeO H Al-Taie
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Funktionsbereich Gastroenterologie, Julius Maximilians Universitat, Wurzburg, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 43:653-6. 2005....
- [Chronic diarrhea in malabsorption]O Al-Taie
Medizinische Poliklinik, Julius Maximilians Universität Würzburg Klinikstrasse 6 8, D 97070 Wurzburg
MMW Fortschr Med 145:29-33. 2003..Function tests such as the xylose-tolerance test, the H2 breath test or the various pancreas function tests are available as adjunctive options where indicated...
- Expression profiling and genetic alterations of the selenoproteins GI-GPx and SePP in colorectal carcinogenesisOliver Hatem Al-Taie
Medizinische Poliklinik, Universitat Wurzburg, Germany
Nutr Cancer 48:6-14. 2004..Our results argue against a general decrease of selenoprotein expression in colorectal carcinogenesis but imply specific differential regulation of expression of individual selenoproteins...
- Prophylactic SSRI during interferon alpha re-therapy in patients with chronic hepatitis C and a history of interferon-induced depressionM R Kraus
Medizinische Poliklinik Clinic for Internal Medicine, University of Wurzburg, Klinikstrasse, Wurzburg, Germany
J Viral Hepat 12:96-100. 2005..In these patients, SSRI prophylaxis is safe and efficacious and should be considered, if antiviral re-therapy is indicated...
- SNP-Array genotyping and spectral karyotyping reveal uniparental disomy as early mutational event in MSS- and MSI-colorectal cancer cell linesR Melcher
Department of Medicine II, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Cytogenet Genome Res 118:214-21. 2007..Further studies are warranted to identify relevant genes in the respective regions and to further verify the results presented here...
- Spectral karyotype analysis of colon cancer cell lines of the tumor suppressor and mutator pathwayR Melcher
Department of Medicine, University of Wurzburg, Germany
Cytogenet Genome Res 98:22-8. 2002..To examine the chromosomal differences in microsatellite-stable (MSS) and -unstable (MSI) tumors in detail, we analyzed MSS (Caco-2, Colo-205, SW948) and MSI (HCT-15, HCT-116, LoVo) cell lines by spectral karyotyping (SKY)...
- Sexual dysfunction in males with chronic hepatitis C and antiviral therapy: interferon-induced functional androgen deficiency or depression?M R Kraus
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medizinische Poliklinik, University of Wurzburg, Klinikstrasse 6 8, D 97070 Wurzburg, Germany
J Endocrinol 185:345-52. 2005..These findings may affect care for male hepatitis C patients during interferon therapy...
- Selenium supplementation enhances low selenium levels and stimulates glutathione peroxidase activity in peripheral blood and distal colon mucosa in past and present carriers of colon adenomasOliver H Al-Taie
Medizinische Poliklinik, Abteilung Molekulare Innere Medizin, Universitat Wurzburg, Germany
Nutr Cancer 46:125-30. 2003..If prospective trials confirm that selenium supplementation reduces colon cancer incidence rates, it may be concluded that selenium supplementation should be recommended for patients at risk...