Genomes and Genes
- EBV-associated post-transplantation B-cell lymphoproliferative disorder following allogenic stem cell transplantation for acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: tumor regression after reduction of immunosuppression--a case reportAlexander Krenauer
Institute of Pathology, University of Leipzig, Liebigstrasse 26, Leipzig, Germany
Diagn Pathol 5:21. 2010..This observation supports the idea that regression of PTLD is mediated by cytotoxic T-cells and is in keeping with the observation that T-cell depletion, represents a major risk factor for the development of PTLD...
- Matrix-associated implantation of predifferentiated mesenchymal stem cells versus articular chondrocytes: in vivo results of cartilage repair after 1 yearBastian Marquass
Department of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Am J Sports Med 39:1401-12. 2011..This raises the need for a longer term follow-up study and comparison with a clinically established method...
- FOXO3a: a novel player in thyroid carcinogenesis?Stefan Karger
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Leipzig, Ph Rosenthal Street 27, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 16:189-99. 2009..Furthermore, PI3K-dependent FOXO3a inactivation may be a novel pathomechanism for the escape from apoptosis in thyroid cancer cells, in particular in follicular thyroid carcinoma...
- SOX gene expression in human osteoarthritic cartilageJochen Haag
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Pathobiology 75:195-9. 2008..Therefore, the aim of the present study was to present a thorough analysis of SOX gene expression in normal and osteoarthritic human adult cartilage...
- Identification of calponin 3 as a novel Smad-binding modulator of BMP signaling expressed in cartilageJochen Haag
Cartilage Research, Department of Pathology, University of Leipzig, Liebigstrasse 26, 04103, Leipzig, Germany
Exp Cell Res 313:3386-94. 2007..Furthermore, our data provide a possible explanation for the effect of the related protein calponin 1 on bone and cartilage development...
- Functional genomics, evo-devo and systems biology: a chance to overcome complexity?Thomas Aigner
Institute of Pathology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Curr Opin Rheumatol 19:463-70. 2007..This review addresses the key question of how to integrate a high complexity of processes and data to a unifying picture of disease processes and progression relevant for osteoarthritis...
- Soft tissue metastasis of thyroid carcinoma in the knee region mimicking a paraarticular inflammatory lesionTorsten Prietzel
Orthopedic Hospital, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 130:1425-8. 2010..Thus, in such patients, a metastatic lesion even in unusual places such as the periarticular soft tissue should be included in the differential diagnosis...
- Repair of chronic osteochondral defects using predifferentiated mesenchymal stem cells in an ovine modelMatthias Zscharnack
Department of Cell Techniques and Applied Stem Cell Biology, Center of Biotechnology and Biomedicine, University of Leipzig, Deutscher Platz 5, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Am J Sports Med 38:1857-69. 2010..However, there is a lack of studies in large-animal models examining the benefits of chondrogenic predifferentiation in vitro for repair of chronic osteochondral defects...
- Mechanisms of disease: role of chondrocytes in the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis--structure, chaos and senescenceThomas Aigner
Institute of Pathology, University of Leipzig, Germany
Nat Clin Pract Rheumatol 3:391-9. 2007..Thus, anti-aging strategies might complement existing therapeutic targets related to anabolism, catabolism, inflammation, and apoptosis-processes that are integral to the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis...
- Matrix biochemistry and cell biology of dedifferentiated chondrosarcomasKerstin Dornauer
Institute of Pathology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Pathol Int 60:365-72. 2010..There was no difference in the clinical outcome of patients with differing high-grade tumor types, emphasizing that grade is a more important predictor of biological behavior than the direction of tumor differentiation...
- Evidence for a role of the amyloid precursor protein in thyroid carcinogenesisKerstin Krause
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Leipzig, Ph Rosenthal Str 27, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
J Endocrinol 198:291-9. 2008..Thyroid cancers are characterized by APP upregulation, increased membrane targeting of the APP ectodomain and significantly increased mRNA levels of the APP scaffold proteins JIP1, ShcA and Fe65...
- Achondrogenesis Type IA (Houston-Harris): a still-unresolved molecular phenotypeThomas Aigner
Institute of Pathology, Liebigstrasse 26, Leipzig, Germany
Pediatr Dev Pathol 10:328-34. 2007..Presumably, as a consequence of this event, processes of chondrocyte maturation and differentiation and endochondral bone formation are severely affected in this case of achondrogenesis type IA...
- Senile EBV-associated B-cell lymphoproliferative disorder of prepatellar bursa in an elderly patient with multifocal urate arthropathySusanna Mueller
Institute for Pathology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Hematol Oncol 25:140-2. 2007..We suggest that an impaired EBV-specific T-cell immunity, local or systemic, may play a role in the development of this disorder and that chronic diseases such as gout may be contributing factors...