Ren Shan Ge
- Lin H, Huang Y, Su Z, Zhu Q, Ge Y, Wang G, et al. Deficiency of CDKN1A or both CDKN1A and CDKN1B affects the pubertal development of mouse Leydig cells. Biol Reprod. 2015;92:77 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Cdkn1a(-/-) did not increase Leydig cell numbers (although a defect of Leydig cell function was noted), whereas DBKO caused a significant increase of Leydig cell numbers but a decrease of steroidogenesis. ..
- Fan L, Li X, Chen D, Zhang N, Wang Y, Shan Y, et al. Determination of acacetin in rat plasma by UPLC-MS/MS and its application to a pharmacokinetic study. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2015;986-987:18-22 pubmed publisher..4-85.2%. Intra-day and inter-day precision were both <10.5%. This method was successfully applied in pharmacokinetic study after intravenous administration of 5.0mg/kg acacetin in rats. ..
- Dong Y, Zhao Y, Zhu Q, Wang Z, Shan Y, Akingbemi B, et al. Gestational exposure to tetrabutyltin blocks rat fetal Leydig cell development. Reprod Toxicol. 2018;78:111-119 pubmed publisher..Taking together, the present results indicated that prenatal exposure of male rats to tetrabutyltin affected fetal Leydig cell development. ..
- Lin H, Yuan K, Li L, Liu S, Li S, Hu G, et al. In Utero Exposure to Diethylhexyl Phthalate Affects Rat Brain Development: A Behavioral and Genomic Approach. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2015;12:13696-710 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, 750 mg/kg DEHP significantly increased Pmch level. Our study demonstrated the changed gene expression patterns after in utero DEHP exposure might partially contribute to the deficit of cognitive function at adulthood. ..
- Xu R, Mao B, Li S, Liu J, Li X, Li H, et al. Structure-activity relationships of phthalates in inhibition of human placental 3?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 and aromatase. Reprod Toxicol. 2016;61:151-61 pubmed publisher..70 and 56.47?M. DPP, BBOP, DCHP, DBP, and DHP inhibited progesterone production in JEG-3 cells. In conclusion, our results indicate that there is clear SAR for phthalates in inhibition of HSD3B1 and CYP19A1. ..
- Dong Y, Mao B, Li L, Guan H, Su Y, Li X, et al. Gossypol enantiomers potently inhibit human placental 3Î²-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 and aromatase activities. Fitoterapia. 2016;109:132-7 pubmed publisher..Gossypol enantiomers showed different potency related to their inhibition on human HSD3B1 and CYP19A1. Whether gossypol enantiomer is used alone or in combination relies on its application and beneficial effects. ..
- Kandula V, Kosuru R, Li H, Yan D, Zhu Q, Lian Q, et al. Forkhead box transcription factor 1: role in the pathogenesis of diabetic cardiomyopathy. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2016;15:44 pubmed publisher..In this review, we focus on the FOXO1 pathway and its role in various processes that have been related to DCM, such as metabolism, oxidative stress, endothelial dysfunction, inflammation and apoptosis. ..
- Chen L, Zhao Y, Li L, Xie L, Chen X, Liu J, et al. Bisphenol A stimulates differentiation of rat stem Leydig cells in vivo and in vitro. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2018;474:158-167 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, BPA stimulates the differentiation of stem Leydig cells in rat testes, thus possibly causing sexual precocity in the male. ..
- Ge F, Tian E, Wang L, Li X, Zhu Q, Wang Y, et al. Taxifolin suppresses rat and human testicular androgen biosynthetic enzymes. Fitoterapia. 2018;125:258-265 pubmed publisher..Taxifolin was a competitive inhibitor for these two enzymes when steroid substrates were used. In conclusion, taxifolin may have benefits for the treatment of prostate cancer. ..
- Li X, Ye L, Ge Y, Yuan K, Zhang Y, Liang Y, et al. In utero perfluorooctane sulfonate exposure causes low body weights of fetal rats: A mechanism study. Placenta. 2016;39:125-33 pubmed publisher..PFOS exposure may alter placental development and function, causing intrauterine growth restriction via inhibiting placental 11?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 2. ..
- Wang X, Wang G, Li X, Liu J, Hong T, Zhu Q, et al. Suppression of rat and human androgen biosynthetic enzymes by apigenin: Possible use for the treatment of prostate cancer. Fitoterapia. 2016;111:66-72 pubmed publisher..17±0.04 and 1.31±0.09?M, respectively. Apigenin is a potent inhibitor of rat and human steroidogenic enzymes, being possible use for the treatment of prostate cancer. ..
- Liu H, Sun W, Wang C, Ying W, Zheng L, Zeng R, et al. Determination of dexmedetomidine in children's plasma by ultra-performance liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry and application to pharmacokinetic study. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1023-1024:30-5 pubmed publisher..7-89.1%. Intra-day and inter-day precision were both <11.6%. This method was successfully applied in pharmacokinetic study after commencement of 1.0?g/kg dexmedetomidine infusion in children. ..
- Li X, Liu J, Wu S, Zheng W, Li H, Bao S, et al. In utero single low-dose exposure of cadmium induces rat fetal Leydig cell dysfunction. Chemosphere. 2018;194:57-66 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results demonstrated that a single in utero exposure to low doses of Cd blocked fetal Leydig cell development. ..
- Wang Y, Li X, Ge F, Yuan K, Su Z, Wang G, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor BB stimulates differentiation of rat immature Leydig cells. J Mol Endocrinol. 2018;60:29-43 pubmed publisher..Further analysis showed that Fos expression level was increased 2- and 5-fold by 1 and 10?ng/mL PDGF-BB, respectively. In conclusion, PDGF-BB stimulated the differentiation of rat immature Leydig cells via regulating Star. ..
- Xu R, Shen Q, Li S, Li X, Li H, Lu Y, et al. Effects of perfluoroalkyl substances on neurosteroid synthetic enzymes in the rat. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;272:182-187 pubmed publisher..PFOS and PFOA competitively inhibited rat SRD5A1. In conclusion, PFOS and PFOA are potent inhibitors of rat SRD5A1, thereby controlling the biosynthesis of neurosteroids. ..
- Chen X, Li L, Li H, Guan H, Dong Y, Li X, et al. Prenatal exposure to di-n-butyl phthalate disrupts the development of adult Leydig cells in male rats during puberty. Toxicology. 2017;386:19-27 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrated that the increased aggregation of fetal Leydig cells by DBP delayed fetal Leydig cell involution, thus leading to the disrupted development of the adult Leydig cells. ..
- Guo J, Li L, Zhou S, Su Y, Li X, Sun J, et al. Butylated hydroxyanisole alters rat 5Î±-reductase and 3Î±-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase: Implications for influences of neurosteroidogenesis. Neurosci Lett. 2017;653:132-138 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, butylated hydroxyanisole is a potent inhibitor of SRD5A1 and AKR1C14, thus reducing the formation of active neurosteroids. ..
- Li X, Chen X, Hu G, Li L, Su H, Wang Y, et al. Response to the Svingen Comments on Li et al. Effects of in Utero Exposure to Dicyclohexyl Phthalate on Rat Fetal Leydig Cells. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health, 2016, 13, 246. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016;13: pubmed publisher..Referring to the comments of Svingen  on our latest publication about Effects of in utero Exposure to Dicyclohexyl Phthalate on Rat Fetal Leydig Cells , we would like to give some comments.[...]. ..
- Li X, Chen X, Hu G, Li L, Su H, Wang Y, et al. Effects of in Utero Exposure to Dicyclohexyl Phthalate on Rat Fetal Leydig Cells. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016;13: pubmed publisher..The results indicate that in utero exposure to DCHP affects the expression levels of fetal Leydig cell steroidogenic genes and results in the occurrence of multinucleated gonocytes and Leydig cell aggregation. ..
- Liu S, Chen X, Wang Y, Li L, Wang G, Li X, et al. A role of KIT receptor signaling for proliferation and differentiation of rat stem Leydig cells in vitro. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2017;444:1-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, KITL is a growth factor that regulates the development of the stem Leydig cell. ..
- Wu X, Guo X, Wang H, Zhou S, Li L, Chen X, et al. A brief exposure to cadmium impairs Leydig cell regeneration in the adult rat testis. Sci Rep. 2017;7:6337 pubmed publisher..Since LH and desert hedgehog (DHH) are critical factors for Leydig cell differentiation, our result demonstrated that the lower doses of cadmium exposure, even briefly, may permanently damage Leydig cell regeneration. ..
- Wang Y, Chen L, Xie L, Li L, Li X, Li H, et al. Interleukin 6 inhibits the differentiation of rat stem Leydig cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2018;472:26-39 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results demonstrated that IL-6 was an inhibitory factor of stem Leydig cell development. ..
- Guo X, Wang H, Wu X, Chen X, Chen Y, Guo J, et al. Nicotine affects rat Leydig cell function in vivo and vitro via down-regulating some key steroidogenic enzyme expressions. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;110:13-24 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, nicotine disrupts Leydig cell steroidogenesis during puberty possibly via down-regulating some key steroidogenic enzyme expressions. ..
- Li L, Li X, Chen X, Chen Y, Liu J, Chen F, et al. Perfluorooctane sulfonate impairs rat Leydig cell development during puberty. Chemosphere. 2018;190:43-53 pubmed publisher..At â‰¥ 500Â nM, PFOS downregulated Lhcgr, inhibited BCL-2 and increased BAX levels to cause Leydig cell apoptosis. In conclusion, PFOS at a lower dose directly inhibited pubertal development of Leydig cells. ..
- Chen L, Chen X, Chen X, Hu Z, Li X, Su Y, et al. Ziram inhibits aromatase activity in human placenta and JEG-3 cell line. Steroids. 2017;128:114-119 pubmed publisher..Docking study showed that ziram binds to the testosterone binding pocket of the aromatase. In conclusion, ziram is a potent inhibitor of human aromatase. ..
- Wu Y, Li L, Zhou S, Shen Q, Lin H, Zhu Q, et al. Apigenin inhibits rat neurosteroidogenic 5?-reductase 1 and 3?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. Neurochem Int. 2017;110:84-90 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, apigenin is a potent inhibitor of rat AKR1C9, thereby controlling the rate of neurosteroid biosynthesis. ..