- Using a combined protection motivation theory and health action process approach intervention to promote exercise during pregnancy
The University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
J Behav Med 37:173-84. 2014
..13 and .15 for accelerometer and self-report data, respectively). In conclusion, augmenting a PMT intervention with action or action-and-coping-planning can enhance exercise behavior change in pregnant women. ..
- Leisure-time physical activity patterns and correlates among pregnant women in Ontario, Canada
Brant County Health Unit, 194 Terrace Hill Street, Brantford, ON, N3R 1G7, Canada
Matern Child Health J 17:477-84. 2013
..Few pregnant women in Ontario are meeting guidelines for physical activity during pregnancy. Results indicate that promoting physical activity during pregnancy should remain a public health priority...
- Topical vitamin A treatment of recalcitrant common warts
Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Kinesiology, The University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
Virol J 9:21. 2012
..Topical vitamin A has been shown to be a successful treatment of common warts in prior informal studies...
- Maternal-fetal disease information as a source of exercise motivation during pregnancy
Department of Kinesiology, University of Western Ontario, Ontario Canada
Health Psychol 28:726-33. 2009
..A Protection Motivation Theory (PMT) framework was used to examine whether information about the role of exercise in preventing maternal-fetal disease served as a meaningful source of exercise motivation...
- Exercise during pregnancy: a review of patterns and determinants
School of Kinesiology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 3K7
J Sci Med Sport 14:299-305. 2011
..The review outlines demographic and theory-based correlates/predictors that should be taken into consideration when developing interventions to increase physical activity among pregnant women...
- Tired, moody and pregnant? Exercise may be the answer
a School of Kinesiology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Psychol Health 28:1353-69. 2013
..001, η(2) = .19) compared to those who were not meeting guidelines (n = 39). From a psychological health perspective, these findings highlight the importance of continuing to promote exercise during pregnancy. ..
- Pregnancy--should women put up their feet or lace up their running shoes?: Self-presentation and the exercise stereotype phenomenon during pregnancy
Department of Kinesiology, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
J Sport Exerc Psychol 34:223-37. 2012
..Whereas the excessive exerciser received high ratings on most physical characteristics, this target was also perceived as meaner and sadder, and having fewer friends than all other targets...