- Continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT) or intermittent hemodialysis (IHD)--what is the procedure of choice in critically ill patients?
Department of Emergency and Intensive Care Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
Ren Fail 25:855-62. 2003
..Evaluation of each of the supportive procedures is therefore hindered by the fact that the underlying disease has the crucial effect on survival and the type of supportive procedure less so...
- Sepsis syndrome in Croatian intensive care units: piloting a national comparative clinical database
Emergency Department and Intensive Care Medicine, Zagreb University Hospital Center, Zagreb, Croatia
Croat Med J 47:404-9. 2006
..To assess the incidence of sepsis in selected intensive care units (ICUs) in Croatia, isolates from blood cultures, and sepsis outcomes, and to compare the results with those from other European countries...
- Successful treatment of mucormycosis endocarditis complicated by pulmonary involvement
Department of Internal Medicine, Intensive Care Unit, University Hospital Rebro, Zagreb, Croatia
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 55:257-8. 2007
..His condition was further complicated by multiple septic emboli to the lungs. His management included surgical excision of the right atrial endocarditic vegetation and antifungal treatment with high-dose liposomal amphotericin B...
- Sudden deaths of Croatian hemodialysis patients in October 2001
Department of Medicine, Zagreb University Hospital Center, Croatia
Croat Med J 42:606-10. 2001
- Hypothermia and acute renal failure in the elderly
Department of Internal Medicine, Rebro University Hospital, Medical Faculty University of Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 22:135-40. 1998
..Twelve out of 14 patients died within 1-216 hours from admission...
- Role of epidemiologic information system in sudden death prevention among Croatia's haemodialysis patients
Department of Epidemiology, Croatian National Institute of Public Health, Zagreb, Croatia
Eur J Epidemiol 18:299-303. 2003
..The withdrawal on 13 October of incriminated dialysers stopped the deaths among haemodialysis patients. No more such sudden deaths have been recorded since that could be linked either to the described period or to this clinical picture...
- Surgical treatment of a postpartal spontaneous left main coronary artery dissection
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital Rebro Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 54:70-1. 2006
..Cardiac catheterization documented a left main coronary artery dissection with complete occlusion of the left anterior descending artery. The surgical treatment and the complicated postoperative course are discussed here...