- PDGFRα/β and VEGFR2 polymorphisms in colorectal cancer: incidence and implications in clinical outcome
Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla IBIS HUVR, CSIC, Universidad de Sevilla, Sevilla, Spain
BMC Cancer 12:514. 2012
..VEGFR and PDGFR are key players involved in this process. The purpose of this study was to assess the incidence of genetic variants in these receptors and its potential clinical implications in colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- SEOM clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumours (GEP NETS)
Medical Oncology Department, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla IBiS, Sevilla, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 13:545-51. 2011
- Fluorouracil-based chemotherapy in patients with gastrointestinal malignancies: influence of nutritional folate status on toxicity
Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital Severo Ochoa, Madrid, Spain
J Chemother 19:744-9. 2007
..This study failed to demonstrate a significant association between a patient s nutritional folate status and the toxicity induced by fluoropyrimidine-based chemotherapy in a cohort of patients with various gastrointestinal malignancies...
- Incidence, patterns of care and prognostic factors for outcome of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (GEP-NETs): results from the National Cancer Registry of Spain (RGETNE)
Department of Medical Oncology, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Sevilla
Ann Oncol 21:1794-803. 2010
..Here, we present the first report of a National Cancer Registry of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors from a Southern European country...
- Prognostic factors and long-term outcome of pancreatic neuroendocrine neoplasms: Ki-67 index shows a greater impact on survival than disease stage. The large experience of the Spanish National Tumor Registry (RGETNE)
Department of Surgery, University Hospital La Princesa, Madrid, Spain
Neuroendocrinology 98:156-68. 2013
..Pancreatic neuroendocrine neoplasms (PNENs) are uncommon neoplasms with a wide spectrum of clinical behavior. The objective of this study was to assess in a large cohort of patients the relative impact of prognostic factors on survival...
- MicroRNA clusters: dysregulation in lung adenocarcinoma and COPD
Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla IBiS, HUVR, CSIC, Universidad de Sevilla, Seville, Spain
Eur Respir J 43:1740-9. 2014
..These results contribute to unravelling miRNA-controlled networks involved in the pathogenesis of adenocarcinoma and COPD, and provide new tools of potential use as biomarkers for diagnosis and/or therapeutic purposes. ..
- A randomized phase II study to compare oxaliplatin plus 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin (FOLFOX4) versus oxaliplatin plus raltitrexed (TOMOX) as first-line chemotherapy for advanced colorectal cancer
Medical Oncology Department, University Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 14:606-12. 2012
..The aim of this study was to compare TOMOX versus FOLFOX4 as first-line treatment of advanced colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Inhibiting PI3K as a therapeutic strategy against cancer
Medical Oncology, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Sevilla, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 11:572-9. 2009
..Here we will review the PI3K pathway and the pharmacological results of PI3K inhibition...
- Guidelines for biomarker testing in colorectal carcinoma (CRC): a national consensus of the Spanish Society of Pathology (SEAP) and the Spanish Society of Medical Oncology (SEOM)
Medical Oncology Service, Universitary Hospital Gregorio Marañón, Madrid, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 14:726-39. 2012
..Other important issues addressed include organisational requirements and the quality controls needed for proper testing of these biomarkers as well as the legal implications to be borne in mind when testing some biomarkers...
- New targeted agents in gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors
Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla IBIS HUVR, CSIC, Universidad de Sevilla, Av Manuel Siurot, S N, 41013, Sevilla, Spain
Target Oncol 7:99-106. 2012
..In this review, we will discuss available data on angiogenesis and mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitors for the treatment of advanced well-differentiated gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors...
- Inhibition of HSP90 molecular chaperones: moving into the clinic
Laboratorio de Oncología Molecular y Nuevas Terapias, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla HUVR CSIC Universidad de Sevilla, Sevilla, Spain
Lancet Oncol 14:e358-69. 2013
..We also discuss novel strategies and future perspectives on how to optimise the therapeutic potential of this exciting new class of drugs. ..
- Spinophilin loss correlates with poor patient prognosis in advanced stages of colon carcinoma
Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla, HUVR CSIC Universidad de Sevilla, Sevilla, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 19:3925-35. 2013
..Therefore, we analyzed whether Spn levels were reduced in colorectal carcinomas and whether Spn levels correlated with prognosis or response to therapy...
- MicroRNA-dependent regulation of transcription in non-small cell lung cancer
Molecular Oncology and New Therapies Group Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla IBIS HUVR, CSIC, Universidad de Sevilla, Sevilla, Spain
PLoS ONE 9:e90524. 2014
..These results suggest miRNA-dependent transcriptional regulation differences play an important role in determining key hallmarks of NSCLC, and may provide new biomarkers for personalized treatment strategies. ..
- An open-label phase II study evaluating the safety and efficacy of ramucirumab combined with mFOLFOX-6 as first-line therapy for metastatic colorectal cancer
Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla center affiliated with the Red Temática de Investigación Cooperativa en Cancer, Instituto Carlos III, Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation, Sevilla, Spain
Oncologist 19:350-1. 2014
..Ramucirumab (RAM; IMC-1121B) is a human IgG1 monoclonal antibody that inhibits VEGF ligand binding to VEGFR-2, inhibiting VEGFR-2 activation and signaling...
- A critical review of HER2-positive gastric cancer evaluation and treatment: from trastuzumab, and beyond
Gastrointestinal Cancer Unit and Early Drug Development Unit, Medical Oncology Division, 12 de Octubre University Hospital, Madrid, Spain Laboratorio de Dianas Terapéuticas, Centro Integral Oncologico Clara Campal, Hospital Universitario Madrid Sanchinarro, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad San Pablo CEU, Madrid, Spain Electronic address
Cancer Lett 351:30-40. 2014
..This article reviews the current state of HER2 in gastric cancer focusing on diagnostic and anti-HER2 targeted treatment issues and the role of trastuzumab in localized disease, and its combination or integration with new therapies...
- Pemetrexed in bladder, head and neck, and cervical cancers
Department of Medical Oncology, Doce de Octubre University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Semin Oncol 29:69-75. 2002
..The role of this agent in the management of these and other tumor types, as a single agent or in combination, shall be determined by randomized phase III studies...
- SEOM clinical guidelines for the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer
Oncology Department, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla IBiS, Sevilla, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 12:729-34. 2010
..Extent of disease, treatment objective, tumor kras mutation status, as well as patient's functional and comorbid conditions shall be considered to properly design the most adequate therapeutic strategy...
- Targeting tyrosine kinase receptors in hepatocellular carcinoma
Oncology Surgery, Cell Therapy and Transplant Organs, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla IBiS Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocío IBiS Universidad de Sevilla, Sevilla, Spain
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 13:300-12. 2013
..The study also provides information about cell signaling crosstalk relevant in tyrosine kinase receptors (TKR)-based systemic therapy in HCC...
- DICER1, DROSHA and miRNAs in patients with non-small cell lung cancer: implications for outcomes and histologic classification
C Vanesa Díaz-García
Oncology Department, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, 28041, Spain
Carcinogenesis 34:1031-8. 2013
..In addition, differential expression of miRNAs, such as hsa-let-7a and miR-16 may be helpful tools in the histologic subclassification of NSCLC...
- Phase II study of trastuzumab and cisplatin as first-line therapy in patients with HER2-positive advanced gastric or gastroesophageal junction cancer
Medical Oncology Department, University Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 13:179-84. 2011
..We conducted a multicentre phase II trial to evaluate trastuzumab in combination with cisplatin in patients with untreated HER2-positive advanced gastric or GEJ cancer...
- The insulin-like growth factor pathway as a target for cancer therapy
Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla IBiS, Sevilla, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 12:326-38. 2010
..This manuscript reviews the role of the IGF system in human malignancy and its interactions with other signaling pathways, and summarizes the available data of IGF-1R inhibitors currently in clinical trials...
- Systemic chemotherapy in the management of malignant peritoneal mesothelioma
Division of Medical Oncology, Hospital Severo Ochoa, Av Orellana s n, 28911 Leganes, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:676-81. 2006
..To review available evidence on the efficacy of chemotherapy in malignant mesothelioma of any origin...
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair genes modulate survival in cisplatin/gemcitabine-treated non-small-cell lung cancer patients
R de Las Peñas
Hospital Provincial de Castellón, Castellon, Spain
Ann Oncol 17:668-75. 2006
- Primary cisplatin, methotrexate and vinblastine chemotherapy with selective bladder preservation for muscle invasive carcinoma of the bladder: long-term followup of a prospective study
F de la Rosa
Urology Department, Hospital Universitario Doce de Octubre, Av Cordoba Km 5 4, 28041 Madrid, Spain
J Urol 167:2413-8. 2002