- [Sleepiness, safety on the road and management of risk]
Police Health Service Department, Ministry of the Interior, Italy
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 34:322-5. 2012
..Road transport safety requires the adoption of occupational health measures, including risk assessment, health education, technical-environmental prevention and health surveillance...
- [Sleepiness, sleep disorders and risk of occupational accidents]
Servizio Sanitario Polizia di Stato, Ministero dell Interno
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 33:207-11. 2011
..In conclusion to improve safety in the workplace a standardized procedure to evaluate risks a work should be developed based on epidemiological and experimentalffindings focused on EDS...
- [The coping and support activities in the phenomenon of mass immigration in Italy: evaluation of work-related stress in police forces]
Department of Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Genetics, University of Genoa, Italy
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 33:170-4. 2011
- [Sleep, stress, neurogenesis and driving performance]
Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Oftalmologia e Genetica DINOG Università di Genova, Genova, Italy
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 34:343-7. 2012
- Sleepiness in a population of Italian shiftwork policemen
Center of Neurology and Medical Psychology, Health Service of the State Police, Department of the Interior, Center of Sleep Medicine, University of Genoa, Italy
J Hum Ergol (Tokyo) 30:211-6. 2001
..However our data should alert occupational health physicians for the diagnosis and prevention of possible lurking intrinsic sleep disorders likely to influence health problems and risk of accidents in shiftworkers...
- Police job strain during routine activities and a major event
State Police Health Service Department, Ministry of the Interior, Italy
Occup Med (Lond) 61:395-9. 2011
..Special police forces are exposed to periods of intense work stress in ensuring public order...
- [Shiftwork. Impact on health and safety in the working environment]
Centro di Neurologia e Psicologia Medica, Servizio Sanitario Polizia di Stato, Ministero dell Interno
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 28:89-105. 2006
..Data from international literature and from our group production are revised and discussed...
- [Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome in bus drivers: clinical and polysomnographic study]
Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Universita di Pisa, Italy
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 34:378-80. 2012
..These data strongly suggest that sleep disorders and symptoms, that are frequent in a population of professional bus drivers, should be better evaluated during occupational health visit...
- Periodic limb movements both in non-REM and REM sleep: relationships between cerebral and autonomic activities
Center for Sleep Medicine, DISMR, University of Genoa, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 120:1282-90. 2009
..To investigate the temporal relationship between cerebral and autonomic activities before and during periodic limb movements in NREM and REM sleep (PLMS)...
- The contributing role of sleepiness in highway vehicle accidents
Sleep Disorder Center, DISMR, University of Genoa, Italy
Sleep 24:203-6. 2001
..9%. CONCLUSIONS: Our indirect estimate of sleep influenced accidents approaches data reported by other European countries and highlights the importance of sleepiness as a direct and/or contributing factor in vehicle accident rates...
- Personality traits of the Five-Factor Model are associated with work-related stress in special force police officers
State Police Health Service Department, Ministry of the Interior, Rome, Italy
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 87:295-306. 2014
..The police work is particularly stressful. The aim of this work was to clarify whether the personality factors are associated with perceived stress levels or reactivity to environmental stressors in a special body of police...
- Adrenocorticotropin-related modulation of the human EEG and individual variability
W G Sannita
Center for Neuroactive Drugs, DISMR, University of Genoa, Italy
Neurosci Lett 262:147-50. 1999
..A direct ACTH modulation of brain electrophysiology or common factors (e.g. the corticotropin-releasing hormone) pacing both ACTH and EEG are suggested and may account for individual EEG differences...