- Prevention and reduction of AD-type pathology in PDAPP mice immunized with A beta 1-42
Elan Pharmaceuticals, 800 Gateway Blvd, So San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 920:274-84. 2000
..A beta immunization appears to increase clearance of amyloid plaques, and may therefore be a novel and effective approach for the treatment of AD...
- Peripherally administered antibodies against amyloid beta-peptide enter the central nervous system and reduce pathology in a mouse model of Alzheimer disease
Elan Pharmaceuticals, 800 Gateway Boulevard, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nat Med 6:916-9. 2000
- Immunization with amyloid-beta attenuates Alzheimer-disease-like pathology in the PDAPP mouse
Elan Pharmaceuticals, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nature 400:173-7. 1999
..Our results raise the possibility that immunization with amyloid-beta may be effective in preventing and treating Alzheimer's disease...
- Potential treatment opportunities for Alzheimer's disease through inhibition of secretases and Abeta immunization
Elan Pharmaceuticals, San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Mol Neurosci 17:259-67. 2001
..These findings have stimulated several approaches to develop novel therapeutic strategies to treat Alzheimer's disease that either are about or have entered the clinic...
- Alzheimer-type neuropathology in transgenic mice overexpressing V717F beta-amyloid precursor protein
Athena Neurosciences, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080
Nature 373:523-7. 1995
..These mice support a primary role for APP/A beta in the genesis of AD and could provide a preclinical model for testing therapeutic drugs...
- Apolipoprotein D mRNA expression is elevated in PDAPP transgenic mice
E A Thomas
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
J Neurochem 79:1059-64. 2001
..These findings suggest that, although increases in apoD expression are a normal feature of brain aging, super-increases may represent a glial cell compensatory response to beta-amyloid deposition in Alzheimer's disease...
- Reduced corpus callosum, fornix and hippocampus in PDAPP transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's disease
Behavioral Neuroscience, Institute for Neuroscience, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Neuroreport 12:2375-9. 2001
..These findings, which might account for the early, nonprogressive behavioral abnormalities observed in these animals, have implications for the study of AD...
- Abeta vaccination effects on plaque pathology in the absence of encephalitis in Alzheimer disease
Department of Neurosciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0624, USA
Neurology 64:129-31. 2005
..This case illustrates the effects of an Abeta-based immunization on AD pathogenesis in the absence of overt meningoencephalitis and leukoencephalopathy...
- Neurofibrillary pathology in transgenic mice overexpressing V717F beta-amyloid precursor protein
Department of Neurosciences, University of California San Diego, La Jolla 92093-0624, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 60:357-68. 2001
..However, no paired helical filaments were observed. Taken together, these studies indicate that the PDAPP tg model recapitulates early cytoskeletal pathology similar to that observed in AD...
- A learning deficit related to age and beta-amyloid plaques in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease
Department of Neuroscience, University of Edinburgh, UK
Nature 408:975-9. 2000
- BACE knockout mice are healthy despite lacking the primary beta-secretase activity in brain: implications for Alzheimer's disease therapeutics
S L Roberds
Department of Genomics, Pharmacia Corp, 301 Henrietta Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
Hum Mol Genet 10:1317-24. 2001
- Effects of image resolution on autoradiographic measurements of posterior cingulate activity in PDAPP mice: implications for functional brain imaging studies of transgenic mouse models of Alzheimer's Disease
Alzheimer s Disease Research Laboratory, Harrington Arthritis Research Center, USA
Neuroimage 16:1-6. 2002
..It remains possible that these imaging techniques will prove useful in transgenic mouse lines that do not exhibit the same morphological abnormalities in neighboring white matter regions...
- Accumulation of amyloid beta-protein in the low-density membrane domain accurately reflects the extent of beta-amyloid deposition in the brain
Department of Neuropathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Pathol 158:2209-18. 2001
..These observations indicate that the Abeta42 associated with low-density membrane domains is tightly coupled with the process of extracellular Abeta deposition...