- Hypertension 2010: what was new for the cardiologist?
The Medical University of Warsaw, Department of Internal Medicine, Hypertension and Vascular Diseases, 1A Banacha Street, 02 097 Warsaw, Poland
Expert Opin Pharmacother 11:2579-97. 2010
- [Clopidogrel and aspirin versus aspirin alone in prevention of atherothrombotic events. The results of CHARISMA study]
Katedra i Klinika Chorob Wewnetrznych, Nadciśnienia Tetniczego i Angiologii, ul Banacha 1a, 02 097 Warszawa
Kardiol Pol 64:548-51; discussion 551-2. 2006
- Efficacy and safety of sibutramine in 2225 subjects with cardiovascular risk factors: short-term, open-label, observational study
Department of Internal Medicine and Hypertension, The Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
J Hum Hypertens 19:737-43. 2005
..Overall, sibutramine was well tolerated. In conclusions, treatment with sibutramine resulted in clinically significant weight loss during short-term therapy in obese adults with a range of cardiovascular risk factors....
- Why study sympathetic nervous system?
Department of Internal Diseases, Hypertension and Vascular Disease, Warsaw Medical University, Warsaw, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 57:79-92. 2006
..However, two of the methods: analysis of heart rate variability (HRV) and baroreflex sensitivity (BRS) were recommended as the diagnostic tools and can be found in clinical guidelines as basic assessment methods...
- Fucoidan improves the renal blood flow in the early stage of renal ischemia/reperfusion injury in the rat
Department of Internal Medicine and Hypertension, Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 52:137-43. 2001
..In the present study we found that administration of fucoidan--P-selectin inhibitor, increases significantly postischemic renal blood flow and may have renoprotective activity...
- The effect of chronic allograft rejection on plasma regulators of fibrinolysis
Transplantation Institute, Warsaw Medical University, Warsaw, Poland
Ann Transplant 7:44-51. 2002
..In renal allograft recipients ACE inhibitors seem to reduce uPA plasma activity...
- Influence of ACE I/D genotypes on left ventricular hypertrophy in aortic stenosis: gender-related differences
Department of Valvular Heart Disease, National Institute of Cardiology, Medical Academy, Warsaw, Poland
J Heart Valve Dis 13:574-81. 2004
..The study aim was to examine the relationship between angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) I/D polymorphism and the degree of cardiac hypertrophy in patients with AS...
- Can angiotensin II +1675 G/A type 2 receptor gene polymorphism be a marker of left ventricular hypertrophy in patients with aortic stenosis?
Department of Valvular Heart Diseases, National Institute of Cardiology, Warsaw, Poland
J Heart Valve Dis 16:495-503. 2007
..The study aim was to investigate any relationship between +1675 G/A AT2R polymorphism and the degree of LVH in patients with aortic stenosis (AS)...
- Pretransplant and early posttransplant predictors of chronic allograft nephropathy in cadaveric kidney allograft--a single-center analysis of 1112 cases
Department of Internal Medicine and Hypertension, The Medical University of Warsaw, 1A Banacha Street, 02 097, Warsaw, Poland
Transpl Int 17:78-88. 2004
..8 mg/ml, proteinuria, hypoalbuminemia, and hypertension. In conclusion, immune and non-immune factors affect progression to CAN in renal allograft recipients...
- The real dimension of analgesic activity of aspirin
Department of Internal Medicine and Hypertension, Warsaw Medical University, 1A Banacha Street, 02 097 Warsaw, Poland
Thromb Res 110:361-4. 2003
..Results of randomized trials have shown that it is as well effective and safe as other analgesics in relieving mild pain and can be used in the first-line therapy of migraine...
- The effect of enalapril and telmisartan on clinical and biochemical indices of sympathetic activity in hypertensive patients
Department of Internal Medicine, Hypertension and Vascular Diseases, Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
Clin Exp Hypertens 30:423-32. 2008
..To compare the effect of ARB and ACE inhibitor on sympathetic activity in 32 hypertensives...
- [Alagille syndrome and chronic renal failure]
Katedra i Klinika Chorób Wewnetrznych i Nadciśnienia Tetniczego AM w Warszawie
Pol Arch Med Wewn 109:511-5. 2003
..Ischemic nephropathy was suspected, which was not confirmed on angio-CT. It seems, that chronic renal failure in the patient was due to primary parenchymal pathology...
- Catecholamine excretion and circadian blood pressure profile in patients with pheochromocytoma
Department of Internal Medicine, Hypertension, and Angiology, The Medical University of Warsaw, 1A Banacha Street, 02 097 Warsaw, Poland
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1073:79-85. 2006
..47, r=0.35, respectively, both P<0.05). Thus, in addition to the effect on mean 24-h BP values, catecholamines released by tumor may also disturb circadian BP rhythm in patients with pheochromocytoma...
- Metabolism of collagen is altered in hypertensives with increased intima media thickness
Department of Internal Medicine, Hypertension and Vascular Diseases, The Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland, Banacha Street 1A, 02 097 Warsaw, Poland
Blood Press 15:157-63. 2006
- Arteriosclerosis in rat aortic allografts: dynamics of cell growth, apoptosis and expression of extracellular matrix proteins
Department of Surgical Sciences, Division of Vascular Surgery, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Cell Biochem 249:75-83. 2003
..Possibly, the observed changes in SMC phenotype, cell cycle and apoptosis during development of transplant arteriosclerosis are related to the expression of extracellular matrix proteins...
- Genetic screening for glucocorticoid-remediable aldosteronism (GRA): experience of three clinical centres in Poland
Department of Pathobiochemistry and Molecular Biology, Pomeranian Medical University, Powstancow Wlkp 72, 70 111 Szczecin, Poland
J Appl Genet 46:329-32. 2005
..However, the real prevalence of GRA in Poland, both in the high-risk group of individuals with primary hyperaldosteronism and in the general population, remains to be established...
- Relations of plasma total TIMP-1 levels to cardiovascular risk factors and echocardiographic measures: the Framingham Heart Study
Eur Heart J 26:418; author reply 418-9. 2005
- [New therapeutic options in renal diseases--hypotensive therapy]
Katedra i Klinika Chor6b Wewnetrznych, Nadciśnienia Tetniczego i Angiologii AM w Warszawie
Pol Arch Med Wewn 112:57-63. 2004
..The clinical studies supporting importance of blood pressure control in diabetic and nondiabetic chronic renal diseases and recommended treatment goals will be presented here...
- Allogenic immune response promotes the accumulation of host-derived smooth muscle cells in transplant arteriosclerosis
Department of Surgical Sciences, Karolinska Hospital, SE 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Cardiovasc Res 65:535-45. 2005
..Here, the role of an allogenic immune response in the accumulation of host-derived SMCs in the neointima was explored...
- Liddle syndrome caused by P616R mutation of the epithelial sodium channel beta subunit
Pomeranian Medical University, Department of Pathobiochemistry and Molecular Biology, ul Powstancow Wlkp Szczecin, Poland
Pediatr Nephrol 20:837-8. 2005