Genomes and Genes
- Obestatin partially affects ghrelin stimulation of food intake and growth hormone secretion in rodentsPhilippe Zizzari
Unite Mixte de Recherche, 549 Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Endocrinology 148:1648-53. 2007..It remains to be determined whether obestatin modulates endogenous ghrelin actions...
- Physiological roles of preproghrelin-derived peptides in GH secretion and feedingPhilippe Zizzari
UMR894 INSERM, Centre de psychiatrie et Neurosciences, Universite Paris Descartes, 2 ter rue d Alesia, 75014 Paris, France
Peptides 32:2274-82. 2011..Data obtained from pharmacological approaches, mutant models and evaluation of the hormones in animal and human models are discussed...
- A natural variant of obestatin, Q90L, inhibits ghrelin's action on food intake and GH secretion and targets NPY and GHRH neurons in miceRim Hassouna
UMR S 894 Inserm, Centre de psychiatrie et Neurosciences, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e51135. 2012..In the present study, we tested the activity of native and Q90L obestatin to modulate ghrelin-induced food intake, GH secretion, cFos activity in GHRH and Neuropeptide Y (NPY) neurons and γ-aminobutyric-acid activity onto GHRH neurons...
- Delayed age-associated decrease in growth hormone pulsatile secretion and increased orexigenic peptide expression in the Lou C/JaLL ratLaurent Kappeler
INSERM U549, IFR Broca Ste Anne, Universite Paris 5, Paris, France
Neuroendocrinology 80:273-83. 2004..In conclusion, ageing in Lou C/Jall rats is associated with a delayed decrease in pulsatile GH secretion in the presence of a lower IGF-1 tone and an increase in the expression of orexigenic neuropeptides in the hypothalamus...
- Actions of Agonists and Antagonists of the ghrelin/GHS-R Pathway on GH Secretion, Appetite, and cFos ActivityRim Hassouna
UMR S 894 Inserm, Centre de psychiatrie et Neurosciences, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité Paris, France
Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 4:25. 2013..A better understanding of the molecular pathways activated by these compounds could be useful in devising future therapeutic applications, such as for cachexia and anorexia...
- Cellular localization of apelin and its receptor in the anterior pituitary: evidence for a direct stimulatory action of apelin on ACTH releaseAnnabelle Reaux-Le Goazigo
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 691, College de France, 11 place Marcelin Berthelot, Paris, France
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E7-15. 2007....
- Family trios analysis of common polymorphisms in the obestatin/ghrelin, BDNF and AGRP genes in patients with Anorexia nervosa: association with subtype, body-mass index, severity and age of onsetRoland M Dardennes
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Hopital Sainte Anne, 1 rue Cabanis, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
Psychoneuroendocrinology 32:106-13. 2007....
- Role of the ghrelin/obestatin balance in the regulation of neuroendocrine circuits controlling body composition and energy homeostasisJacques Epelbaum
Centre de Psychiatrie and Neurosciences, UMR 894 INSERM, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Mol Cell Endocrinol 314:244-7. 2010..This review is focussed on the possible implication of the ghrelin/obestatin system in psychiatric diseases with particular emphasis on eating disorders...
- Novel analogs of ghrelin: physiological and clinical implicationsHeather A Halem
IPSEN, 27 Maple Street, Milford, Massachusetts 01757, USA
Eur J Endocrinol 151:S71-5. 2004..These studies demonstrate the feasibility of creating ghrelin analogs that are selective for specific activities, as well as their utility in dissecting the role of ghrelin in both normal physiology and specific pathologies...
- Ultradian rhythmicity of ghrelin secretion in relation with GH, feeding behavior, and sleep-wake patterns in ratsVirginie Tolle
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U549, 75014 Paris, France
Endocrinology 143:1353-61. 2002..Moreover, ghrelin secretion is pulsatile and directly related to feeding behavior only...
- [Ghrelin: a striking example of neuroendocrine peptide pleiotropy]Marie Thérèse Bluet-Pajot
IFR Broca Sainte Anne, INSERM U 549, 2 ter, rue d Alesia, 75014 Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 21:715-21. 2005..Thus, the continuation of the fascinating ghrelin story as well as its potential pathophysiological implications in endocrinology and internal medicine remain open avenues for future investigations...
- The role of the small bowel in the regulation of circulating ghrelin levels and food intake in the obese Zucker ratFrancesco Rubino
Institut de Recherche Contre les Canceurs de l Appareil Digestif European Institute of Telesurgery, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091 Strasbourg, France
Endocrinology 146:1745-51. 2005....
- Epithelial sodium channel is a key mediator of growth hormone-induced sodium retention in acromegalyPeter Kamenicky
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 693, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, 63 rue Gabriel Peri, Le Kremlin Bicetre Cedex, France
Endocrinology 149:3294-305. 2008..Our findings provide the first evidence that GH, in concert with IGF-I, stimulates ENaC-mediated sodium transport in the late distal nephron, accounting for the pathogenesis of sodium retention in acromegaly...
- Balance in ghrelin and leptin plasma levels in anorexia nervosa patients and constitutionally thin womenVirginie Tolle
INSERM, U 549, 75014 Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:109-16. 2003..Even though endogenous ghrelin is not strictly correlated with basal GH secretion, it may be involved in the magnitude of GHRH-induced GH release in AN patients...