- Role of uncoupling protein UCP2 in cell-mediated immunity: how macrophage-mediated insulitis is accelerated in a model of autoimmune diabetesYalin Emre
BIOTRAM, Universite Paris 5 Site Necker, Unité Propre de Recherche 9078, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 156 rue de Vaugirard, 75730 Paris Cedex 15, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:19085-90. 2007..Altogether, our data show that inflammation is stronger in Ucp2-KO mice and islets, leading to the exacerbated disease in these mice. Our results highlight the mitochondrial protein UCP2 as a new player in autoimmune diabetes...
- Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor treatment of lupus autoimmune disease in MRL-lpr/lpr miceF Zavala
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 25, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
J Immunol 163:5125-32. 1999..Our results demonstrate a beneficial effect of high doses of G-CSF in the prevention of lupus nephritis that may hold promise for future clinical applications, provided caution is taken in dose adjustment...
- G-CSF therapy of ongoing experimental allergic encephalomyelitis via chemokine- and cytokine-based immune deviationFlora Zavala
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medical, Unité 25 and Unité 345, Necker Hospital, Paris, France Sanofi Synthelabo, Bagneux, France
J Immunol 168:2011-9. 2002..These findings support the potential application of G-CSF in the treatment of human autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis, taking advantage of the wide clinical favorable experience with this molecule...
- G-CSF treatment prevents cyclophosphamide acceleration of autoimmune diabetes in the NOD mouseKarine Hadaya
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U580, Institut de Recherche Necker Enfants Malades, Hopital Necker, 161 rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Autoimmun 24:125-34. 2005..Thus the immunoregulatory properties of G-CSF were critical in the early control of the accelerating effects of CY on autoimmune diabetes in the NOD mouse...
- Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor: a novel mediator of T cell toleranceSergio Rutella
Department of Hematology, Laboratory of Immunology, Catholic University School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
J Immunol 175:7085-91. 2005..This review summarizes the growing body of evidence that supports a critical role for G-CSF as a novel mediator of T cell tolerance...
- The expression of hepatitis B spliced protein (HBSP) encoded by a spliced hepatitis B virus RNA is associated with viral replication and liver fibrosisPatrick Soussan
INSERM U370, CHU Necker and Institut Pasteur, 156 rue de Vaugirard, 75015 Paris, France
J Hepatol 38:343-8. 2003..The present study was designed to evaluate the impact of HBSP expression on the clinical status and liver pathology of HBV infection...
- Alcohol and hepatitis C virus core protein additively increase lipid peroxidation and synergistically trigger hepatic cytokine expression in a transgenic mouse modelGabriel Perlemuter
Liver Cancer and Molecular Virology, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 370, Faculte de Medecine Necker Enfants Malades, 156 rue de Vaugirard, 75730 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Hepatol 39:1020-7. 2003..We therefore investigated the effects of chronic ethanol consumption in HCV core protein-expressing transgenic mice...
- Treatment with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor prevents diabetes in NOD mice by recruiting plasmacytoid dendritic cells and functional CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T-cellsHassen Kared
DSC, INSERM U580, Necker Institute, 161 rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Diabetes 54:78-84. 2005..They also provide a rationale for a protective role of the endogenous G-CSF produced during infections in early diabetes...
- Fas receptor signaling is requisite for B cell differentiationValerie Pasqualetto
IINSERM U 591, nstitut Necker, Paris, France
J Leukoc Biol 78:1106-17. 2005..In contrast, B cell hematopoiesis was complete in gld chimera but MZ macrophages undetectable. These defects suggest a direct and determinant dual role of FasL regulation in negative selection of B cells and in maintenance of the MZ...