- New description of Toxoplasma gondii genotypes from French PolynesiaHelene Yera
Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Cochin, Department of Parasitology Mycology, 27 rue du Fbrg St Jacques, 75014 Paris, France Electronic address
Acta Trop 134:10-2. 2014..The parasites had new and atypical genotypes, and were responsible for asymptomatic congenital toxoplasmosis. Both genotypes were divergent from the common strains isolated in Europe, North America, South America, Africa and China. ..
- First identification of eggs of the Asian fish tapeworm Bothriocephalus acheilognathi (Cestoda: Bothriocephalidea) in human stoolHelene Yera
Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Cochin, Service de Parasitologie Mycologie, 27 rue du Foubourg St Jacques, Paris, France
Parasitol Int 62:268-71. 2013..This human infection seems to be accidental and represents a parasite passage through human intestine after the consumption of an infected fish host...
- Confirmation and follow-up of neurocysticercosis by real-time PCR in cerebrospinal fluid samples of patients living in FranceH Yera
Laboratoire de Parasitologie Mycologie, hôpital Cochin Port Royal, AP HP, Universite Paris Descartes, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 49:4338-40. 2011..The assay, tested on samples from nine patients living in France and diagnosed with neurocysticercosis, had a detection rate of 83.3% and 100% specificity...
- The genotypic characterisation of Acanthamoeba isolates from human ocular samplesH Yera
Laboratoire de Parasitologie Mycologie, Hopital Cochin, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Br J Ophthalmol 92:1139-41. 2008..We characterised 37 amoebae cultured from corneal scrapings, contact lenses or lens case solutions of patients with suspected Acanthamoeba keratitis...
- Toxoplasma gondii infection in slaughter pigs in Serbia: seroprevalence and demonstration of parasites in bloodIvana Klun
National Reference Laboratory for Toxoplasmosis, Centre for Parasitic Zoonoses, University of Belgrade Institute for Medical Research, Dr, Subotića 4, 11129 Belgrade, Serbia
Vet Res 42:17. 2011..This is the first report on parasitaemia in naturally infected swine...
- Simple species identification of Trichinella isolates by amplification and sequencing of the 5S ribosomal DNA intergenic spacer regionAymeric De Bruyne
Trichinella National Reference Center, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Cochin, R Descartes University, 27 rue du Fbrg St Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Vet Parasitol 132:57-61. 2005..britovi and T. nativa. This method permits rapid species identification of Trichinella isolates; however, further evaluation is required before recommending this approach for routine use...
- Parasitemia in children with Plasmodium falciparum malaria receiving chemoprophylaxisNathalie de Suremain
Department of Emergency Medicine, Hopital Saint Vincent de Paul, Cochin, Paris, France
Pediatr Infect Dis J 22:377-8. 2003
- Putative Diphyllobothrium nihonkaiense acquired from a Pacific salmon (Oncorhynchus keta) eaten in France; genomic identification and case reportHelene Yera
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Cochin, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Parasitol Int 55:45-9. 2006..The species diagnosis was made by molecular analysis of two mitochondrial genes (COI & ND3). This case is rather unusual in that D. nihonkaiense has never been reported along the Pacific coast of North America...
- Development and evaluation of a Western blot kit for diagnosis of human trichinellosisHelene Yera
Laboratoire de Parasitologie Mycologie, Centre National de Référence des Trichinella Hôpital Cochin, Université R Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 75014 Paris, France
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 10:793-6. 2003....
- Pneumocystosis: survey and DHPS genotype analysis in 14 Parisian hospitals in 2003 and 2004Denis Magne
Parasitologie Mycologie, Hopital St Antoine, Paris, France
J Eukaryot Microbiol 53:S106-7. 2006
- Construction of a Plasmodium falciparum Rab-interactome identifies CK1 and PKA as Rab-effector kinases in malaria parasitesFathia Ben Rached
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, CNRS UMR 8104, 75014 Paris, France
Biol Cell 104:34-47. 2012..Putative functions have been ascribed to Plasmodium Rabs due to their homology with Rabs of yeast, particularly with Saccharomyces that has an equivalent number of rab/ypt genes and where analyses of Ypt function is well characterized...
- Multicentric comparative analytical performance study for molecular detection of low amounts of Toxoplasma gondii from simulated specimensYvon Sterkers
Laboratoire de Parasitologie Mycologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, 39, Avenue Charles Flahault, F 34295, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
J Clin Microbiol 48:3216-22. 2010..But, on the other hand, interlaboratory comparisons showed differences that appear independent of the target, primers, or technology and that hence rely essentially on proficiency and care in the optimization of PCR conditions...