Genomes and Genes
- Structure-function analysis of RNA polymerases I and IIIMichel Werner
CEA, IRCM, F 91057 Evry Cedex, France
Curr Opin Struct Biol 19:740-5. 2009..Unexpectedly, even though Pol I and III, but not Pol II, have an intrinsic RNA cleavage activity, it was found that TFIIS Pol II cleavage stimulation factor also played a general role in Pol III transcription...
- Mediator-dependent recruitment of TFIIH modules in preinitiation complexCyril Esnault
CEA, iBiTec S, F 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Mol Cell 31:337-46. 2008..We conclude that the Mediator head module plays a critical role in TFIIH and TFIIE recruitment to the PIC. We identify steps in PIC formation that suggest a branched assembly pathway...
- Genome-wide location analysis reveals a role of TFIIS in RNA polymerase III transcriptionYad Ghavi-Helm
CEA, iBiTec S, Gif sur Yvette Cedex F 91191, France
Genes Dev 22:1934-47. 2008..In vitro transcription assays suggested that TFIIS may affect Pol III start site selection. These data provide strong in vivo and in vitro evidence in favor of a role of TFIIS as a general Pol III transcription factor...
- Direct interaction of RNA polymerase II and mediator required for transcription in vivoJulie Soutourina
Commissariat à l Énergie Atomique et aux Énergies Alternatives, iBiTec S, Service de Biologie Intégrative et Génétique Moléculaire, Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Science 331:1451-4. 2011..Our findings suggest that a direct interaction between Mediator and Pol II is generally required for transcription of class II genes in eukaryotes...
- Two RNA polymerase I subunits control the binding and release of Rrn3 during transcriptionFrederic Beckouët
CEA, iBiTec S, Service de Biologie Intégrative and Génétique Moléculaire, Gif sur Yvette Cedex F 91191, France
Mol Cell Biol 28:1596-605. 2008..These data suggest a dual role of the Rpa49-Rpa34 dimer during the recruitment of Rrn3 and its subsequent dissociation from the elongating polymerase...
- Genomic binding of Pol III transcription machinery and relationship with TFIIS transcription factor distribution in mouse embryonic stem cellsLucie Carrière
Commissariat à l Énergie Atomique et aux Énergies Alternatives, iBiTec S, F 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Nucleic Acids Res 40:270-83. 2012..We found that, as in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, TFIIS is associated with class III genes and also with SINEs suggesting that TFIIS is a Pol III transcription factor in mammals...