- Contraception at the time of abortion: high-risk time or high-risk women?Nathalie Bajos
INSERM INED U569, Hopital de Bicetre, Kremlin Bicetre, France
Hum Reprod 21:2862-7. 2006..Despite the widespread use of highly effective contraception in France, the incidence of abortion is high. A retrospective population-based cohort study was designed to analyse women's contraceptive history...
- Perinatal acquisition of drug-resistant HIV-1 infection: mechanisms and long-term outcomeConstance Delaugerre
EA 3620 MRT, Descartes University, Paris, France
Retrovirology 6:85. 2009..Primary-HIV-1-infection in newborns that occurs under antiretroviral prophylaxis that is a high risk of drug-resistance acquisition. We examine the frequency and the mechanisms of resistance acquisition at the time of infection in newborns...
- Sex difference in partner notification: results from three population based surveys in FranceJ Warszawski
INSERM U292, Service d Epidémiologie AP HP, France
Sex Transm Infect 78:45-9. 2002..To estimate the proportion of individuals in the general population who did not notify their sexual partners at the time of an STD diagnosis, according to the sex of the patient and the type of partner...
- Mother-to-child HIV transmission despite antiretroviral therapy in the ANRS French Perinatal CohortJosiane Warszawski
INSERM, U822, IFR 60, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
AIDS 22:289-99. 2008..To identify factors associated with mother-to-child HIV-1 transmission (MTCT) from mothers receiving antenatal antiretroviral therapy...
- Long-term outcomes in adolescents perinatally infected with HIV-1 and followed up since birth in the French perinatal cohort (EPF/ANRS CO10)C Dollfus
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Service d hématologie et d oncologie pédiatrique, Hopital d Enfants Armand Trousseau, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Clin Infect Dis 51:214-24. 2010..Given the limited therapeutic options available during the early years of these patients' lives and the challenge presented by treatment adherence during adolescence, the long-term outcomes among this population are encouraging...
- Prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission: similar access for sub-Sahara African immigrants and for French women?Carine Jasseron
INSERM Unit 822, Le Kremlin Bicetre, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1503-11. 2008..To investigate whether mother-to-child transmission (MTCT) management and rate differed between African immigrants and French-born women delivering in France...
- No relation between in-utero exposure to HAART and intrauterine growth retardationNelly Briand
INSERM, U822, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
AIDS 23:1235-43. 2009..The use of HAART during pregnancy is now standard care to prevent mother-to-child HIV transmission in developed countries. There is controversy about its impact on low birth weight...
- Twin pregnancy as a risk factor for mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1: trends over 20 yearsClaudia Palladino Sili Scavalli
INSERM, U822, IFR69, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
AIDS 21:993-1002. 2007..We investigated whether twin pregnancies were at increased risk of mother-to-child HIV-1 transmission (MTCT), in comparison with singletons...
- Non-disclosure of a pregnant woman's HIV status to her partner is associated with non-optimal prevention of mother-to-child transmissionC Jasseron
INSERM, UMRS, CESP HIV IST Epidemiology, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
AIDS Behav 17:488-97. 2013..Factors associated with non-disclosure reflect vulnerability and its association with non optimal PMTCT is a cause for concern although the impact on transmission was limited in this context of universal free access to care...
- Sexuality and obesity, a gender perspective: results from French national random probability survey of sexual behavioursNathalie Bajos
INSERM Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, CESP Centre for research in Epidemiology and Population Health, U1018, Gender, Sexual and Reproductive Health Team, F 94276, Kremlin Bicetre, France
BMJ 340:c2573. 2010....
- [Induced abortion in France: results of the COCON study]N Lelong
INSERM U149 IFR69, 16, avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94807 Villejuif Cedex
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 34:53-61. 2005..The aim of this article is to describe conditions of abortions practices in France...
- Criteria for selective screening of cervical Chlamydia trachomatis infection in women attending private gynecology practicesJ Warszawski
Service d Epidémiologie de lhôpital de Bicêtre, Institut National pour la Santé et la Recherche Médicale INSERM U292, Paris, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 86:5-10. 1999..To develop a screening strategy for Chlamydia trachomatis in private gynecology practices...
- [Side effects of induced abortion: results from a population-based survey]A Lamarche-Vadel
Inserm INED U 569, 82, Avenue du General Leclerc, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre Cedex, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 33:113-8. 2005..We also compare the gynaecological side effects, in particular the infectious symptoms, following an induced abortion, according to the abortion technique, medical and surgical, in the year after the abortion...
- Decreased risk of congenital cytomegalovirus infection in children born to HIV-1-infected mothers in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyGaelle Guibert
Institut National de Santé et de Recherche Médicale, Institut National Etudes Démographiques U822, IFR69, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Clin Infect Dis 48:1516-25. 2009..We also identified maternal risk factors associated with in utero CMV transmission...
- Changes in sexual behaviours: from secular trends to public health policiesNathalie Bajos
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
AIDS 24:1185-91. 2010..To explore the relative contribution of secular trends and public health policies to changes in sexual behaviour...
- Sexual risk-taking following relationship break-upsCaroline Moreau
INSERM, Gender, Sexual and Reproductive Health, CESP Centre for research in Epidemiology and Population Health, U1018, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care 16:95-9. 2011..Changes in sexual behaviour over time have resulted in more frequent relationship break-ups, which carry specific sexual health challenges that we aim to explore in this study...
- Incidence of cancer in children perinatally exposed to nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitorsValérie Benhammou
INSERM, U822, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
AIDS 22:2165-77. 2008..Long-term studies of tolerance to perinatal exposure to antiretroviral nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors are required, in view of the potential genotoxicity of some of these molecules...
- Incidence and prognostic value of right ventricular failure in acute respiratory distress syndromeDavid Osman
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital de Bicetre, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bicêtre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Université Paris 11 Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Intensive Care Med 35:69-76. 2009..To analyse the incidence and the impact on outcome of right ventricular failure (RVF) in patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)...
- AIDS and contraception. Unanticipated effects of AIDS prevention campaignsN Bajos
INSERM U292, Hopital de Bicetre, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Eur J Public Health 11:257-9. 2001..Comparisons of contraceptive practices and condom use by women aged 18-49 years were performed in two national population-based surveys (n = 559 in 1994, n = 731 in 1998)...
- [Deficits in reading acquisition in primary school: cognitive, social and behavioral factors studied in a sample of 1062 children]C Billard
Unité de rééducation neurologique pédiatrie, Centre de référence sur les troubles des apprentissages, Hopital Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 57:191-203. 2009..The goal of the present study was to screen second grade children with reading impairment in French urban elementary schools and to pin down the factors that explain the various facets of reading failure and success...
- Factors associated with microsporidial and cryptosporidial diarrhea in HIV infected patientsM Cornet
Departement de Parasitologie et Medecine Tropicale, Hôpital du Kremlin Bicêtre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Parasite 3:397-401. 1996..6, 95% confidence interval [CI] 1.1-19.5). Thus, as compared with cryptosporidiosis, specific epidemiological factors could be associated with microsporidial transmission in tropical countries...
- Response to combination antiretroviral therapy: variation by ageIan Weller
AIDS 22:1463-73. 2008..The poorer virological responses in children may increase the likelihood of emergence of resistance...
- Long-term nonprogression of HIV infection in children: evaluation of the ANRS prospective French Pediatric CohortJosiane Warszawski
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Medicale U822, France
Clin Infect Dis 45:785-94. 2007..Our objective was to estimate the proportion of children who developed neither symptoms nor major immunological perturbations to the age of > or = 10 years in a prospective cohort of infected children who had been observed since birth...
- Prevalence and risk factors associated with antiretroviral resistance in HIV-1-infected childrenConstance Delaugerre
Department of Virology, Necker Hospital, Paris, France
J Med Virol 79:1261-9. 2007..In conclusion, antiretroviral resistance is common among treated HIV-1-infected children and prevalence was similar with those observed in adult population in the same year period. However, adolescent boys seem to be at greater risk...
- Contraceptive practices of non-HIV-seropositive injecting drug usersGwenaelle Vidal-Trecan
Departement de sante publique, CHU Cochin Port Royal, AP HP, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Eur J Epidemiol 18:863-9. 2003..To study the sociodemographic characteristics and sexual behaviours in contraception choices of injecting drug users (IDUs) and to compare the contraceptive practices of non-HIV-positive IDUs to those of the general population...
- Mitochondrial dysfunction following perinatal exposure to nucleoside analoguesStephane Blanche
Unité d Immunologie Hématologie Pédiatrique, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Assistance Subligne Hopitaux de Paris et EA 3620 Université Paris 5, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
AIDS 20:1685-90. 2006
- [Why do women more often inform their sexual partners of a sexually transmitted infection? The clinicians' role]Josiane Warszawski
Unité Inserm 822 Ined, Université Paris 11, AP HP, Hopital de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre
Med Sci (Paris) 24:200-7. 2008
- [Preliminary results from the SFAR-iNSERM inquiry on anaesthesia-related deaths in France: mortality rates have fallen ten-fold over the past two decades]André Lienhart
Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, CHU Saint Antoine, 75012 Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 188:1429-37; discussion 1437-41. 2004..It seems logical to attribute these results to safety and practice guidelines published after the previous inquiry. Progress remains to be made: the present rate of 1/145000 will serve as a basis for systematic analysis of accidents...
- Survey of anesthesia-related mortality in FranceAndré Lienhart
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Saint Antoine, Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, Universite Paris VI, Paris, France
Anesthesiology 105:1087-97. 2006..This study describes a nationwide survey that estimates the number and characteristics of anesthesia-related deaths for the year 1999...
- Clinical mitochondrial dysfunction in uninfected children born to HIV-infected mothers following perinatal exposure to nucleoside analoguesValérie Benhammou
INSERM U569 Epidémiologie et Reproduction, Hopital Bicetre, Kremlin Bicetre, France
Environ Mol Mutagen 48:173-8. 2007..Continued efforts to identify and understand clinical mitochondrial toxicities are essential, given the intensification and diversification of perinatal prophylaxis strategies, and the number of pregnant women potentially involved...
- Increased beta-2 microglobulinuria in human immunodeficiency virus-1-infected children and adolescents treated with tenofovirAndrea Papaleo
Unité d Immunologie Hématologie Pédiatriques, Hôpital Necker Enfants Malades Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris APHP et Faculté de médecine René Descartes, EA 3620 Université Paris V, Paris, France
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:949-51. 2007..In view of the very long duration of treatments for HIV infection, their possible consequences for the child's growing body should be carefully evaluated...