Dominique Angele Vuitton
- Echinococcosis and allergyDominique A Vuitton
WHO Collaborating Center for Prevention and Treatment of Human Echinococcosis, University of Franche Comté and University Hospital, F 25030 Besancon, France
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 26:93-104. 2004..or preventive agents...
- Survival strategy of Echinococcus multilocularis in the human hostDominique Angele Vuitton
WHO Collaborating Centre for Prevention and Treatment of Human Echinococcosis, Université de Franche Comté and University Hospital, Besancon, France
Parasitol Int 55:S51-5. 2006..Therapeutic use of Interferon alpha is an attempt to foil the survival strategy of E. multilocularis...
- Epidemiology of alveolar echinococcosis with particular reference to China and EuropeD A Vuitton
WHO Collaborating Centre for the Prevention and Treatment of Alveolar Echinococcosis, SERF and LBE Usc INRA research units, Universite de Franche Comte, 25030 Besancon, France
Parasitology 127:S87-107. 2003....
- The ambiguous role of immunity in echinococcosis: protection of the host or of the parasite?Dominique Angele Vuitton
Health and Rural Environnement Research Unit EA 2276, University Laboratory of Immunology, Université de Franche Comté and University Hospital, F 25030, Besancon, France
Acta Trop 85:119-32. 2003..Modulation of the host immune response, by using Interferon alpha for instance, may be a new tool to generate an effective immune response against the parasite and to prevent AE and its complications...
- Echinococcus multilocularis and its intermediate host: a model of parasite-host interplayDominique Angele Vuitton
WHO Collaborating Centre for the Prevention and Treatment of Human Echinococcosis, CHU de Besancon, Besancon, France
J Biomed Biotechnol 2010:923193. 2010....
- [Alveolar echinococcosis: from an incurable rural disease to a controlled urban infection]Dominique Angele Vuitton
Centre collaborateur de l OMS pour la prévention et le traitement des échinococcoses humaines, Université de Franche Comté et CHU de Besançon F 25030 Besançon, France
Presse Med 39:216-30. 2010..These are far from satisfactory, in view of the constraints of prolonged, most often life-long treatment by benzimidazoles and their side effects...
- Profile of cytokine production within the periparasitic granuloma in human alveolar echinococcosisSaid Harraga
WHO Collaborating Centre for Prevention and Treatment of Human Echinococcosis Université de Franche Comté, 25 030, Besancon, France
Acta Trop 85:231-6. 2003..The nature of the parasitic structures involved and the mechanisms which lead to an imbalanced cytokine production remain to be elucidated...
- Should possible recurrence of disease contraindicate liver transplantation in patients with end-stage alveolar echinococcosis? A 20-year follow-up studySolange Bresson-Hadni
World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Prevention and Treatment of Human Echinococcosis, University Hospital and University of Franche Comté, Besancon, France
Liver Transpl 17:855-65. 2011..The potential recurrence of disease, especially in patients with residual or metastatic AE lesions, should not be regarded as a contraindication to LT when AE is considered to be lethal in the short term...
- Effects of a short-course of amoxicillin/clavulanic acid on systemic and mucosal immunity in healthy adult humansVinciane Dufour
Unité Santé et Environnement Rural, UFR Sciences Médicales et Pharmaceutiques, Universite de Franche Comte, Besancon, France
Int Immunopharmacol 5:917-28. 2005..In saliva, concentrations of T-IgA were slightly but significantly higher, whereas S-IgA concentrations were unchanged. Our results showed that oral AMC intake did not induce any significant adverse effects on immunity in adult humans...
- A historical view of alveolar echinococcosis, 160 years after the discovery of the first case in humans: part 1. What have we learnt on the distribution of the disease and on its parasitic agent?Dominique Angele Vuitton
WHO Collaborating Center for Prevention and Treatment of Human Echinococcosis, University Hospital and University of Franche Comté, 25030 Besancon, France
Chin Med J (Engl) 124:2943-53. 2011..Urbanization of foxes in Europe and Japan and the major role of dogs in China represent the new deals at the beginning of the 21st century regarding definitive hosts and prevention measures...
- Indications and results of liver transplantation for Echinococcus alveolar infection: an overviewSolange Bresson-Hadni
Division d Hepato Gastroentérologie, Departement de Medecine Interne, Hopital Universitaire Cantonal de Genève, Rue Micheli du Crest, Geneva, Switzerland
Langenbecks Arch Surg 388:231-8. 2003..During the past 20 years some centres have considered liver transplantation (LT) for the treatment of incurable AE...
- [Geography of alveolar echinococcosis]Patrick Giraudoux
Centre Collaborateur OMS pour la Prevention et le Traitement des Echinococcoses humaines, Centre hospitalier universitaire et Université de Franche Comté, 1 place Leclerc 25030 Besançon Cedex
Bull Acad Natl Med 192:1119-25; discussion 1126-30. 2008..The increasing proximity of fox populations to urban areas may lead to a new epidemiological pattern. Control measures are only applicable at the local scale, and are essentially based on for deworming...
- Landscape composition and spatial prediction of alveolar echinococcosis in southern Ningxia, ChinaDavid R J Pleydell
Department of Chrono Environment, UMR UFC CNRS 6249 aff INRA, Universite de Franche Comte, Besancon, France
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2:e287. 2008..Habitat availability is thought to affect arvicoline population dynamic patterns and definitive host-intermediate host interactions. Arvicoline habitat correlates with AE prevalence in Western Europe and southern Gansu Province, China...
- Transmission ecology of Echinococcus multilocularis: what are the ranges of parasite stability among various host communities in China?Patrick Giraudoux
Department of Environmental Biology EA3184 usc INRA, Universite de Franche Comte, Place Leclerc, 25030 Besancon Cedex, France
Parasitol Int 55:S237-46. 2006..However, currently the degree of genetic exchange between discrete transmission foci is unknown and it is expected that genetic techniques could provide crucial information regarding this important question...
- Experience of liver transplantation for incurable alveolar echinococcosis: a 45-case European collaborative reportStephane Koch
Liver Transplant Unit CHU, Besancon, France
Transplantation 75:856-63. 2003..The aim of this retrospective study was to collect all AE transplant cases in Europe, analyze the results, and specify the usefulness of LT for this unusual indication...
- Combined ultrasound and serologic screening for hepatic alveolar echinococcosis in central ChinaGitte Bartholomot
WHO Collaborating Centre for Prevention and Treatment of Echinococcosis, University of Franche Comte, Besancon, France
Am J Trop Med Hyg 66:23-9. 2002..A typical lesion of progressive AE was found in 84 subjects (3.4%). Serologies were positive in 77 (96%) of 80 of patients who had lesions typical of progressive AE. Ultrasound is useful for screening for AE in endemic regions...
- Morbidity and associated factors in rural and urban populations of South Lebanon: a cross-sectional community-based study of self-reported health in 2000Ibtissam Sabbah
PRISMAL Inserm Regional Research Network in Public Health, Universite de Franche Comte, Department of Biostatistics, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Besancon, France
Trop Med Int Health 12:907-19. 2007..To assess self-reported morbidity and its determining factors in South Lebanon, with an emphasis on the influence of the habitat location (urban vs. rural) and gender...
- Expression of major histocompatibility complex class I chain-related molecule A, NKG2D, and transforming growth factor-beta in the liver of humans with alveolar echinococcosis: new actors in the tolerance to parasites?ShaoLing Zhang
Université de Franche Comté and Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Besançon, World Health Organization Collaborating Centre on Prevention and Treatment of Human Echinococcosis, Besancon, France
J Infect Dis 197:1341-9. 2008....
- Socioeconomic and behavior risk factors of human alveolar echinococcosis in Tibetan communities in Sichuan, People's Republic of ChinaQian Wang
World Health Organization Collaborating Centre on Prevention and Treatment of Human Echinococcosis, Santé et Environnement Rural Université de Franche Comté, Besancon, France
Am J Trop Med Hyg 74:856-62. 2006....
- IFN alpha-2a protects mice against a helminth infection of the liver and modulates immune responsesVeronique Godot
World Health Organization Collaborating Center on Prevention and Treatment of Human Echinococcosis, Faculté de Médecine et de Pharmacie et Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Universite de Franche Comte, Besancon, France
Gastroenterology 124:1441-50. 2003..We previously reported clinical stabilization associated with a shift from a Th2 to a Th1 cytokine profile in an AE patient treated with interferon (IFN)alpha...