- Effect of a short-term intermittent exercise-training programme on the pulse wave velocity and arterial pressure: a prospective study among 71 healthy older subjectsT Vogel
Geriatric Department, University Hospital of Strasbourg, France
Int J Clin Pract 67:420-6. 2013..We evaluate the effect of a short Intermittent Work Exercise Training Program (IWEP) on arterial stiffness estimated by the measure of the pulse wave velocity (PWV)...
- Health benefits of physical activity in older patients: a reviewT Vogel
Pôle de gériatrie, Hôpital de la Robertsau, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, France
Int J Clin Pract 63:303-20. 2009..Moreover, some longitudinal studies suggest that physical activity is linked to a reduced risk of developing dementia and Alzheimer's disease in particular...
- Effects of a short-term personalized Intermittent Work Exercise Program (IWEP) on maximal cardio-respiratory function and endurance parameters among healthy young and older seniorsT Vogel
University Hospital, Geriatric Department, Hôpital de la Robertsau, Strasbourg, France
J Nutr Health Aging 15:905-11. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficiency of a short-term Intermittent Work Exercise Program (IWEP) among healthy elderly subjects...
- Impact of short-term aerobic interval training on maximal exercise in sedentary aged subjectsP M Lepretre
Consultation de l Aptitude Physique du Senior, Centre de Gérontologie La Robertsau, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Int J Clin Pract 63:1472-8. 2009..Regular physical exercise is the most appropriate to improve aerobic capacity, but its effect still remained discussed in old people...
- [Update of oral vitamin B12]E Andres
Service de Medecine Interne, diabète et maladies métaboliques, clinique médicale B, Hopital Civil, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, 67091 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 70:455-61. 2009..The objective of this review is to evaluate the usefulness of oral cobalamin (vitamin B12) treatment...
- Homocysteine, vitamin B12, folate and cognitive functions: a systematic and critical review of the literatureT Vogel
Pôle de gériatrie, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Hôpital de la Robertsau, Pavillon Schutzenberger, Strasbourg Cedex, France
Int J Clin Pract 63:1061-7. 2009..In this report, we review the current knowledge on the relationship between homocysteine, folate and vitamin B(12) levels and the way their disruption influences cognitive function in adults...
- Oral cobalamin (vitamin B(12)) treatment. An updateE Andres
Department of Internal Medicine, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Int J Lab Hematol 31:1-8. 2009..This present review confirms the previously reported efficacy of oral cobalamin treatment in adult and elderly patients...
- Efficacy of short-term oral cobalamin therapy for the treatment of cobalamin deficiencies related to food-cobalamin malabsorption: a study of 30 patientsE Andres
Department of Internal Medicine, Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, France
Clin Lab Haematol 25:161-6. 2003..It has been suggested that oral cobalamin (vitamin (B12)) therapy may be an effective therapy for treating cobalamin deficiencies related to food-cobalamin malabsorption. However, the duration of this treatment was not determined...
- [Parkinson's disease dementia: correlations between clinical, neuropsychological and neuropathological features]M Kiesmann
Pôle de gériatrie, HUS, rue Himmerich, Strasbourg, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 166:653-6. 2010..Cognitive disorders such as deficit of attention and executive and visuoconstructive dysfunctions occur in Parkinson's disease dementia (PDD). Memory impairment is not an early feature and statement not well delimited...
- [Candidemia in elderly people: apropos of 4 cases]G Kaltenbach
Centre de gérontologie des hôpitaux universitaires de Strasbourg, Hôpital de la Robertsau, 83, rue Himmerich, 67091 Strasbourg, France
Rev Med Interne 23:328-31. 2002..Candidemia, principally affecting neutropenic patients in departments of oncohematology and frail patients in intensive care units, can also be observed in frail elderly people in geriatrics...