- [Methods of screening of gestational diabetes between 24 and 28 weeks' gestation]M Virally
Service de Medecine B, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, 75010 Paris, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 39:S220-38. 2010..Indeed, these methods have been addressed in little numerous studies, among heterogeneous populations, using variable criteria, and variable sensitivity values. Only the HbA1c might be useful to detect a pre-pregnancy diabetes mellitus...
- Methods for the screening and diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitus between 24 and 28 weeks of pregnancyM Virally
AP HP, Service de Medecine B, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2, rue Ambroise Pare, 75010 Paris, France
Diabetes Metab 36:549-65. 2010..However, HbA1c measurements may prove useful in detecting pre-pregnancy diabetes mellitus...
- Muscle infarction in a young woman with brittle type 1 diabetesM Virally
Department of Internal Medicine B, APHP, Hopital Lariboisiere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, and University Denis Diderot, Paris 7, Paris, France
Diabetes Metab 33:466-8. 2007..Brittleness resumed after treatment with subcutaneous insulin infusion using a portable pump. No recurrence of muscle infarction was observed during a 18-month follow-up...
- Occurrence of gestational diabetes mellitus, maternal and fetal outcomes beyond the 28th week of gestation in women at high risk of gestational diabetes. A prospective studyM Virally
Department of Medicine B, Hopital Lariboisiere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris APHP, University Paris VII, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, 75010 Paris, France
Diabetes Metab 33:290-5. 2007..The secondary objectives were to evaluate maternal and fetal outcomes in early and late GDM (between 24-28 WG, and beyond 28 WG), as well as to compare them to a normal glucose tolerance (NGT) group...
- Maternally inherited diabetes and deafness: a multicenter studyP J Guillausseau
Department of Medicine B, Lariboisiere Hospital, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, F75010 Paris, University Paris 7 Denis Diderot, France
Ann Intern Med 134:721-8. 2001..Maternally inherited diabetes and deafness (MIDD), which is seen in 0.5% to 2.8% of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus, is related to a point mutation at position 3243 of mitochondrial (mt) DNA. Its clinical description is incomplete...
- Retinal and renal complications in patients with a mutation of mitochondrial DNA at position 3,243 (maternally inherited diabetes and deafness). A case-control studyP Massin
APHP, Department of Ophthalmology, Lariboisiere Hospital, University Paris 7 Denis Diderot, Paris, France
Diabetologia 51:1664-70. 2008..We assessed the prevalence and determinants of retinal and renal complications in patients with maternally inherited diabetes and deafness (MIDD)...
- [Mitochondrial diabetes: clinical features, diagnosis and management]T Meas
Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Rev Med Interne 31:216-21. 2010..This review summarizes the range of clinical phenotypes associated with MIDD and outlines the advances in genetic diagnosis, pathogenesis and management of these patients...
- Abnormalities in insulin secretion in type 2 diabetes mellitusP J Guillausseau
AP HP, Department of Internal Medicine B, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2, rue Ambroise Raré, 75010, Paris, France
Diabetes Metab 34:S43-8. 2008..A marked reduction in beta-cell mass at post-mortem examination of pancreas of patients with type 2 diabetes has been reported, with an increase in beta-cell apoptosis non-compensated by neogenesis...
- Macular pattern dystrophy in MIDD: long-term follow-upC Ambonville
Department of Internal Medicine B, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2, rue Ambroise Pare, AP HP, Universite Paris 7 Denis Diderot, 75010 Paris, France
Diabetes Metab 34:389-91. 2008..No evidence of diabetic retinopathy was present at any time. This case shows that visual acuity can remain stable in the long term despite extensive lesions of macular pattern dystrophy...
- Zygomycosis: an uncommon cause for peripheral facial palsy in diabetesT Meas
Department of Internal Medicine B, Lariboisiere Hospital, APHP, 2, rue Ambroise Pare, 75010 Paris, France
Diabetes Metab 33:227-9. 2007..Physicians should be aware of such atypical clinical presentations due to the need for early appropriate combined medical and surgical management to improve disease recovery and prognosis...
- Switching fibrate to statin in type 2 diabetic patients: consequences on lipid profileT Meas
APHP, Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris F 75010, France
Eur J Intern Med 20:197-200. 2009..In type 2 diabetic patients, the dyslipidemic profile is commonly associated with reduced high-density lipoproteins (HDL C), increased TG and normal or mildly elevated LDL C...
- The clinical variability of maternally inherited diabetes and deafness is associated with the degree of heteroplasmy in blood leukocytesM Laloi-Michelin
Department of Internal Medicine B, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, Paris Cedex 10, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:3025-30. 2009..3243A>G). The phenotypic heterogeneity of MIDD may be the consequence of different levels of mutated mtDNA among mitochondria in a given tissue...
- Whole-body (201)Tl scintigraphy can detect exercise lower limb perfusion abnormalities in asymptomatic diabetic patients with normal Doppler pressure indicesM Duet
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, 75010 Paris, France
Nucl Med Commun 22:949-54. 2001..It allows the evaluation of vascular status with no additional inconvenience for patients when performed after myocardial scintigraphy...
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus: epidemiology, pathophysiology, unmet needs and therapeutical perspectivesM Virally
Service de Medecine B, APHP, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2, rue Ambroise Pare, 75010 Paris, France
Diabetes Metab 33:231-44. 2007....
- Kearns Sayre syndrome: an unusual form of mitochondrial diabetesM Laloi-Michelin
Department of Internal Medicine Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Diabetes Metab 32:182-6. 2006..By reporting this case with diabetes mellitus as first manifestation, we aim at emphasizing problems of diagnosis in these subtypes of mitochondrial diabetes...