- Anxiolytic properties of green tea polyphenol (-)-epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)Michel Vignes
Laboratory Oxidative Stress and Neuroprotection, University of Montpellier II, Montpellier, France
Brain Res 1110:102-15. 2006..Therefore, our data support that EGCG can induce anxiolytic activity which could result from an interaction with GABA(A) receptors...
- Alpha-tocopherol-mediated long-lasting protection against oxidative damage involves an attenuation of calcium entry through TRP-like channels in cultured hippocampal neuronsNadine Crouzin
Oxidative Stress and Neuroprotection, IBMM UMR 5247 CNRS, University Montpellier II, Place E Bataillon, 34095 Montpellier Cedex 05, France
Free Radic Biol Med 42:1326-37. 2007..Therefore, we conclude that the long-lasting neuroprotection induced by alpha-tocopherol pretreatment likely results from an attenuation of Ca(2+) entries via TRP-like channels...
- Neuroprotection induced by vitamin E against oxidative stress in hippocampal neurons: involvement of TRPV1 channelsNadine Crouzin
Max Mousseron Institute of Biomolecules, Montpellier, France
Mol Nutr Food Res 54:496-505. 2010....
- Early, time-dependent disturbances of hippocampal synaptic transmission and plasticity after in utero immune challengeMarion Escobar
Institut des Biomolecules Max Mousseron, Montpellier, France
Biol Psychiatry 70:992-9. 2011..The question that arises is whether any alterations of excitatory transmission and plasticity occurred at early developmental stages after in utero LPS exposure...
- Neurodevelopmental damage after prenatal infection: role of oxidative stress in the fetal brainFabien Lanté
Oxidative Stress and Neuroprotection, IBMM, CNRS UMR 5247, University of Montpellier II, Place E Bataillon, 34095 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Free Radic Biol Med 42:1231-45. 2007..Oxidative stress in the hippocampus of male fetuses may thus participate in the neurodevelopmental damage induced by a prenatal LPS challenge...
- Developmental switch from LTD to LTP in low frequency-induced plasticityFabien Lanté
Laboratory Oxidative Stress and Neuroprotection, University Montpellier II, Montpellier, Cedex, France
Hippocampus 16:981-9. 2006..Low-frequency-mediated synaptic plasticity is subject to a developmental switch from NMDA- and mGlu5 receptor-dependent LTD to mGlu5 receptor-dependent LTP with a transient period (17-21 day-old) during which LFS is ineffective...
- N-acetyl-cysteine prevents pyramidal cell disarray and reelin-immunoreactive neuron deficiency in CA3 after prenatal immune challenge in ratsAline Rideau Batista Novais
Institut des Biomolecules Max Mousseron IBMM, Unité Mixte de Recherches 5247 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université Montpellier 1 Université Montpellier 2, Montpellier, France
Pediatr Res 73:750-5. 2013..In the present study, we evaluated the occurrence of pyramidal cell disarray and reelin neuronal deficit in the hippocampus, and the protective role of N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) in a rodent experimental model of prenatal immune challenge...
- Gliotoxicity in hippocampal cultures is induced by transportable, but not by nontransportable, glutamate uptake inhibitorsJanique Guiramand
CNRS FRE 2693, Laboratoire de Plasticite Cerebrale, Université Montpellier II CC90, Montpellier, France
J Neurosci Res 81:199-207. 2005....
- Opposite effects of alpha 1- and beta-adrenoceptor stimulation on both glutamate- and gamma-aminobutyric acid-mediated spontaneous transmission in cultured rat hippocampal neuronsAriane Croce
Laboratoire Plasticité Cérébrale, UMR 5102 CNRS, Universite Montpellier II, Montpellier, France
J Neurosci Res 71:516-25. 2003..However, in a subset of cells, low concentrations of NA mediate an increase of sIPSC via beta-adrenoceptor activation...
- Peptide neurotoxins that affect voltage-gated calcium channels: a close-up on ω-agatoxinsEmilie Pringos
IBMM, UMR 5247, CNRS, Max Mousseron Institut of Biomolecules, Montpellier 1 and 2, Place E Bataillon, Montpellier, France
Toxins (Basel) 3:17-42. 2011..The aim of this review is to overview the latest updates in the domain of peptide neurotoxins that affect voltage-gated calcium channels, with a special focus on ω-agatoxins...
- Low-frequency stimulation induces a new form of LTP, metabotropic glutamate (mGlu5) receptor- and PKA-dependent, in the CA1 area of the rat hippocampusFabien Lanté
Laboratoire Plasticité Cérébrale, FRE 2693 CNRS, Universite Montpellier II, 34095 Montpellier Cedex 05, France
Hippocampus 16:345-60. 2006..This new form of LTP could represent the mnesic engram of mild and repetitive stimulation involved in latent learning...
- Late N-acetylcysteine treatment prevents the deficits induced in the offspring of dams exposed to an immune stress during gestationFabien Lanté
Oxidative Stress and Neuroprotection, IBMM, CNRS UMR 5247, UM 1 and UM 2, Place E Bataillon, 34095 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Hippocampus 18:602-9. 2008..The therapeutic window of NAC extends up to birth, suggesting that this drug might be clinically useful even after an immuno-inflammatory episode...
- A transient treatment of hippocampal neurons with alpha-tocopherol induces a long-lasting protection against oxidative damage via a genomic actionMarie Celeste de Jesus Ferreira
Laboratory Cerebral Plasticity, FRE 2693 CNRS, University Montpellier II, 34095 Montpellier Cedex 05, France
Free Radic Biol Med 39:1009-20. 2005..Thus, in addition to its acute anti-radical action, alpha-TP induces a long-lasting protection of neurons against oxidative damage, via a genomic action on antioxidant defenses apparently unrelated to GSH biosynthesis...