- Anxiolytic properties of green tea polyphenol (-)-epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)Michel Vignes
Laboratory Oxidative Stress and Neuroprotection, University of Montpellier II, Montpellier, France
Brain Res 1110:102-15. 2006..Therefore, our data support that EGCG can induce anxiolytic activity which could result from an interaction with GABA(A) receptors...
- Alpha-tocopherol-mediated long-lasting protection against oxidative damage involves an attenuation of calcium entry through TRP-like channels in cultured hippocampal neuronsNadine Crouzin
Oxidative Stress and Neuroprotection, IBMM UMR 5247 CNRS, University Montpellier II, Place E Bataillon, 34095 Montpellier Cedex 05, France
Free Radic Biol Med 42:1326-37. 2007..Therefore, we conclude that the long-lasting neuroprotection induced by alpha-tocopherol pretreatment likely results from an attenuation of Ca(2+) entries via TRP-like channels...
- Early, time-dependent disturbances of hippocampal synaptic transmission and plasticity after in utero immune challengeMarion Escobar
Institut des Biomolecules Max Mousseron, Montpellier, France
Biol Psychiatry 70:992-9. 2011..The question that arises is whether any alterations of excitatory transmission and plasticity occurred at early developmental stages after in utero LPS exposure...
- Neuroprotection induced by vitamin E against oxidative stress in hippocampal neurons: involvement of TRPV1 channelsNadine Crouzin
Max Mousseron Institute of Biomolecules, Montpellier, France
Mol Nutr Food Res 54:496-505. 2010....
- Neurodevelopmental damage after prenatal infection: role of oxidative stress in the fetal brainFabien Lanté
Oxidative Stress and Neuroprotection, IBMM, CNRS UMR 5247, University of Montpellier II, Place E Bataillon, 34095 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Free Radic Biol Med 42:1231-45. 2007..Oxidative stress in the hippocampus of male fetuses may thus participate in the neurodevelopmental damage induced by a prenatal LPS challenge...
- Developmental switch from LTD to LTP in low frequency-induced plasticityFabien Lanté
Laboratory Oxidative Stress and Neuroprotection, University Montpellier II, Montpellier, Cedex, France
Hippocampus 16:981-9. 2006..Low-frequency-mediated synaptic plasticity is subject to a developmental switch from NMDA- and mGlu5 receptor-dependent LTD to mGlu5 receptor-dependent LTP with a transient period (17-21 day-old) during which LFS is ineffective...
- Gliotoxicity in hippocampal cultures is induced by transportable, but not by nontransportable, glutamate uptake inhibitorsJanique Guiramand
CNRS FRE 2693, Laboratoire de Plasticite Cerebrale, Université Montpellier II CC90, Montpellier, France
J Neurosci Res 81:199-207. 2005....
- Opposite effects of alpha 1- and beta-adrenoceptor stimulation on both glutamate- and gamma-aminobutyric acid-mediated spontaneous transmission in cultured rat hippocampal neuronsAriane Croce
, UMR 5102 CNRS, , Montpellier, France
J Neurosci Res 71:516-25. 2003..However, in a subset of cells, low concentrations of NA mediate an increase of sIPSC via beta-adrenoceptor activation...
- Low-frequency stimulation induces a new form of LTP, metabotropic glutamate (mGlu5) receptor- and PKA-dependent, in the CA1 area of the rat hippocampusFabien Lanté
Laboratoire Plasticité Cérébrale, FRE 2693 CNRS, Universite Montpellier II, 34095 Montpellier Cedex 05, France
Hippocampus 16:345-60. 2006..This new form of LTP could represent the mnesic engram of mild and repetitive stimulation involved in latent learning...
- A transient treatment of hippocampal neurons with alpha-tocopherol induces a long-lasting protection against oxidative damage via a genomic actionMarie Celeste de Jesus Ferreira
Laboratory Cerebral Plasticity, FRE 2693 CNRS, University Montpellier II, 34095 Montpellier Cedex 05, France
Free Radic Biol Med 39:1009-20. 2005..Thus, in addition to its acute anti-radical action, alpha-TP induces a long-lasting protection of neurons against oxidative damage, via a genomic action on antioxidant defenses apparently unrelated to GSH biosynthesis...
- Late N-acetylcysteine treatment prevents the deficits induced in the offspring of dams exposed to an immune stress during gestationFabien Lanté
Oxidative Stress and Neuroprotection, IBMM, CNRS UMR 5247, UM 1 and UM 2, Place E Bataillon, 34095 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Hippocampus 18:602-9. 2008..The therapeutic window of NAC extends up to birth, suggesting that this drug might be clinically useful even after an immuno-inflammatory episode...