J P Viard
- [Therapeutic strategies for HIV infection: tolerance to boost antiproteases]J P Viard
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149, rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Med Mal Infect 34:S209-15. 2004....
- Influence of age on CD4 cell recovery in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy: evidence from the EuroSIDA studyJ P Viard
Service d immunologie clinique, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 183:1290-4. 2001..0026), as confirmed by multivariate analysis (P<10-4). Younger age may favor CD4 cell restoration because of preserved thymic function...
- Stable frequency of HIV-1 transmitted drug resistance in patients at the time of primary infection over 1996-2006 in FranceMarie Laure Chaix
Université Paris Descartes EA 3620, AP HP, Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
AIDS 23:717-24. 2009....
- Does enfuvirtide increase the risk of bacterial pneumonia in patients receiving combination antiretroviral therapy?I Kousignian
INSERM U, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:138-44. 2010....
- Immunological and virological effects of long term IL-2 therapy in HIV-1-infected patientsM L Gougeon
, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
AIDS 15:1729-31. 2001..A high frequency of HIV-1-specific memory CD4 T cells was found in the patients studied. IL-2 maintains specific effector cells and reduces the pool of infected cells in patients, albeit treated only with binucleosides...
- A high HIV DNA level in PBMCs at antiretroviral treatment interruption predicts a shorter time to treatment resumption, independently of the CD4 nadirChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
J Med Virol 82:1819-28. 2010..A high PBMC HIV DNA level at TI was a strong predictor for more rapid treatment resumption...
- [Imported disease]M O Chandesris
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, faculté de médecine Paris 5, Centre d Infectiologie Necker Pasteur, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149, rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Med Mal Infect 38:291-2. 2008
- The influence of highly active antiretroviral therapy on AIDS-associated Kaposi's sarcomaN Dupin
Service de dermato vénéréologie, Hopital Tarnier Cochin, Paris, France Laboratoire de Virologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Br J Dermatol 140:875-81. 1999..Among patients with cutaneous KS, we observed four CR, three PR and one stable response. A complete response was significantly associated with a reversal in HHV-8 viraemia (five of six vs. one of six; P = 0.02, Mann-Whitney test)...
- Relationship between regulatory T cells and immune activation in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients interrupting antiretroviral therapyLaurence Weiss
Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e11659. 2010..However, the insufficient increase in the proportion and/or the decrease in the absolute number of Tregs result in a failure to control immune activation following TI...
- X4 tropic multi-drug resistant quasi-species detected at the time of primary HIV-1 infection remain exclusive or at least dominant far from PHIJade Ghosn
Universite Paris Descartes, EA 3620, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e23301. 2011..X4-tropic variants present at baseline were still exclusive (patients D and E) or dominant (at least one time point, patient C) far from PHI...
- Cellulitis revealing a cryptococcosis-related immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in a renal allograft recipientF Lanternier
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales Hôpital Necker Enfants Malades, Université Paris V Centre d Infectiologie Necker Pasteur, Paris, Cedex 15, France
Am J Transplant 7:2826-8. 2007..IRIS appeared concomitantly with a dramatic increase of blood CD4+ T cells (94-460/mm(3)) and required the administration of a short-term steroid therapy to resolve...
- Lipodystrophic syndromes and hyperlipidemia in a cohort of HIV-1-infected patients receiving triple combination antiretroviral therapy with a protease inhibitorB Rakotoambinina
Service d'Immunologie Clinique, , , 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 27:443-9. 2001..Hyperlipidemia is observed in the absence of lipodystrophy and depends on PI exposure...
- How does loss to follow-up influence cohort findings on HIV infection? A joint analysis of the French hospital database on HIV, Mortalité 2000 survey and death certificatesE Lanoy
INSERM, U720, Paris, France
HIV Med 10:236-45. 2009....
- Greater decrease in bone mineral density with protease inhibitor regimens compared with nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor regimens in HIV-1 infected naive patientsClaudine Duvivier
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Paris, France
AIDS 23:817-24. 2009..To evaluate the change in bone mineral density (BMD) at specific sites in patients initiating antiretroviral therapy in a substudy of the ANRS 121 trial...
- Cellular CD4 T cell responses to the diphtheria-derived carrier protein of conjugated pneumococcal vaccine and antibody response to pneumococcal vaccination in HIV-infected adultsClaire Rabian
Laboratoire d Immunologie et d Histocompatibilité, St Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 50:1174-83. 2010..CD4 T cell responses specific to the diphtheria-derived carrier protein CRM(197) were evaluated...
- Microsporidiosis in solid organ transplant recipients: two Enterocytozoon bieneusi cases and reviewF Lanternier
Centre d Infectiologie Necker Pasteur, Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Transpl Infect Dis 11:83-8. 2009..Based on the present experience, treating E. bieneusi infection with 7 days of fumagillin therapy is adequate to eradicate E. bieneusi in this context...
- Kikuchi-Fujimoto disease associated with mixed connective tissue diseaseN Pallet
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Scand J Rheumatol 33:434-6. 2004..We describe the case of a 30-year-old female patient with two 15-day courses of Kikuchi-Fujimoto disease flares within a period of 3 months, occurring in association with mixed connective tissue disease...
- Marked increase in the incidence of invasive anal cancer among HIV-infected patients despite treatment with combination antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Rene Descartes University, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1203-11. 2008..To describe the cases of anal cancer that appeared in the French Hospital Database on HIV between 1992 and 2004 and to study risk factors of anal cancer...
- Perinatal acquisition of drug-resistant HIV-1 infection: mechanisms and long-term outcomeConstance Delaugerre
EA 3620 MRT, Descartes University, Paris, France
Retrovirology 6:85. 2009..Primary-HIV-1-infection in newborns that occurs under antiretroviral prophylaxis that is a high risk of drug-resistance acquisition. We examine the frequency and the mechanisms of resistance acquisition at the time of infection in newborns...
- Mother-to-child transmission of HIV-2 infection from 1986 to 2007 in the ANRS French Perinatal Cohort EPF-CO1M Burgard
Virology Laboratory, Hospital Necker, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 51:833-43. 2010..Management of pregnant women with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) type 2 infection remains unclear because of its low prevalence and important differences from HIV-1...
- Diagnostic contribution of positron emission tomography with [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose for invasive fungal infectionsA Hot
Universite Paris Descartes, Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Centre d Infectiologie Necker Pasteur, Paris, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 17:409-17. 2011..Whether or not [¹⁸F]FDG-PET might be useful for assessing the optimal duration of IFI therapy should now be assessed in a specific prospective study...
- Vitamin D and clinical disease progression in HIV infection: results from the EuroSIDA studyJean Paul Viard
Centre de Diagnostic et de Thérapeutique, Hotel Dieu, APHP, Paris, France
AIDS 25:1305-15. 2011..We examined the association between vitamin D [25(OH)D] level and disease progression in HIV infection...
- Comparison of subcutaneous and intravenous interleukin-2 in asymptomatic HIV-1 infection: a randomised controlled trial. ANRS 048 study groupY Levy
Unité d Immunologie Clinique, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Lancet 353:1923-9. 1999..We did a randomised study to compare safety and efficacy of antiviral treatment alone or combined with various interleukin-2 regimens in HIV-1-infected patients...
- Immunological and virological features of HIV-infected patients with increasing CD4 cell numbers despite virological failure during protease inhibitor-based therapyL Weiss
Service d immunologie clinique, Université Pierre et Marie Curie and Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U430, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
HIV Med 3:12-20. 2002..To investigate the extent of functional T cell recovery and to characterize plasma virus and virus producing cells in patients with increasing CD4 cell counts despite virological failure during protease inhibitor (PI) based therapy...
- [Coccidioidomycosis: an imported invasive fungal disease in France]M O Chandesris
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Faculte de Medecine, Paris 5, Centre d Infectiologie Necker Pasteur, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149, rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 38:336-42. 2008..The progression of the disease as well as the associated immunocellular deficit are strictly correlated with the onset of complications and late relapses despite an adequate initial treatment using antifungal molecules and/or surgery...
- Reactive arthritis associated with L2b lymphogranuloma venereum proctitisK El Karoui
Centre d Infectiologie Necker Pasteur, Paris, France
Sex Transm Infect 85:180-1. 2009..This case expands the spectrum of severe complications related to LGV L2b proctitis. Since this infection may be asymptomatic, this organism should be screened for in HIV-positive MSM with symptoms consistent with reactive arthritis...
- Synergistic effect of carbapenem-teicoplanin combination during severe Rhodococcus equi pneumonia in a kidney transplant recipientK El Karoui
Centre d Infectiologie Necker Pasteur, Paris, France
Transpl Infect Dis 11:359-62. 2009..This combination was shown to be synergistic. It has minimal side effects in transplant recipients and appears to be an effective initial treatment for this severe infection...
- Renal transplantation in HIV-infected patients: the Paris experienceM Touzot
Service de Nephrologie, Université Denis Diderot Paris VII, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Am J Transplant 10:2263-9. 2010..One patient developed B-cell lymphoma. In conclusion, our study confirms the safety of renal transplantation in HIV-infected patients with few adverse events and a low incidence of acute rejection...
- Association of prenatal and postnatal exposure to lopinavir-ritonavir and adrenal dysfunction among uninfected infants of HIV-infected mothersAlbane Simon
Unité d Endocrinologie Pédiatrique, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
JAMA 306:70-8. 2011..A warning about its tolerance in premature newborns was recently released, and transient elevation of 17-hydroxyprogesterone (17OHP) was noted in 2 newborns treated with lopinavir-ritonavir in France...
- [Transition in adult care for HIV perinatally infected adolescents and young adults]I Funck-Brentano
Unité d Immunologie et d Hématologie Pédiatriques, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 49, rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Arch Pediatr 14:741-3. 2007
- HIV-1 DNA for the measurement of the HIV reservoir is predictive of disease progression in seroconverters whatever the mode of result expression isVéronique Avettand-Fenoel
AP HP, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Laboratoire de Virologie, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 42:399-404. 2008..Previously, HIV-DNA levels have sometimes been reported by other means: copies/10(6) CD4(+)T cells, reflecting the proportion of infected cells; or copies/mL whole blood, reflecting the global blood reservoir size...
- Causes of the first AIDS-defining illness and subsequent survival before and after the advent of combined antiretroviral therapyS Grabar
Department of Public Health, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
HIV Med 9:246-56. 2008....
- [HHV 8 positive Castleman's disease and auto-immune neutropenia in 2 HIV-infected patients]L Aaron
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149, rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris 15, France
Rev Med Interne 24:748-52. 2003..The presence of autoimmune stigmates is frequent...
- [Castleman's disease in patients infected with HIV]L Aaron
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149, rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris, France
Rev Med Interne 23:155-63. 2002..However, antiviral therapy against HHV8 or HIV and the immunitary restoration do not have any influence on the evolution of Castleman's disease, contrary to opportunistic infections...
- Initial therapy with nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-containing regimens is more effective than with regimens that spare them with no difference in short-term fat distribution: Hippocampe-ANRS 121 TrialClaudine Duvivier
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Paris F 75013, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 62:797-808. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact on body fat of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI)-sparing regimens compared with NRTI-containing therapy in HIV-1-infected antiretroviral (ARV)-naive patients...
- Time to virological failure of 3 classes of antiretrovirals after initiation of highly active antiretroviral therapy: results from the EuroSIDA study groupA Mocroft
Royal Free Centre for HIV Medicine and Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and University College London Medical Schools, London, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 190:1947-56. 2004....
- Transmitted drug resistant HIV-1 and association with virologic and CD4 cell count response to combination antiretroviral therapy in the EuroSIDA StudyWendy P Bannister
Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, United Kingdom
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 48:324-33. 2008..To investigate prevalence of transmitted drug-resistant human immunodeficiency virus (TDR) and factors associated with TDR and to compare virological and CD4 count response to combination antiretroviral therapy...
- Changes over time in risk factors for cardiovascular disease and use of lipid-lowering drugs in HIV-infected individuals and impact on myocardial infarctionC A Sabin
Dept of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and UC Medical School, Rowland Hill St, London, NW3 2PF, United Kingdom
Clin Infect Dis 46:1101-10. 2008..We evaluated changes in risk factors for CVD and the use of lipid-lowering therapy in HIV-infected individuals and assessed the impact of any changes on the incidence of myocardial infarction...