Genomes and Genes
- Meta-analysis of family-based association studies between the dopamine transporter gene and attention deficit hyperactivity disorderD Purper-Ouakil
CHU Robert Debré AP HP, Paris VII, Paris, France
Psychiatr Genet 15:53-9. 2005..A recent meta-analysis showed that the DRD4 gene has a significant role in the vulnerability to ADHD...
- Brain spect perfusion of frontotemporal dementia associated with motor neuron diseaseE Guedj
, , Centre Hospitalo-Universitaire de la Timone, Marseille Cedex 5, France
Neurology 69:488-90. 2007
- Apolipoprotein E gene in frontotemporal dementia: an association study and meta-analysisPatrice Verpillat
INSERM U535, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France, and Département d EpidAmiologie, de Biostatistique et de Recherche Clinique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Bichat Claude Bernard, AP HP Université Paris VII, Paris, France
Eur J Hum Genet 10:399-405. 2002..If this finding was confirmed, it could provide new insights into the mechanisms of differential risk related to APOE in neurodegenerative diseases...
- Use of haplotype information to test involvement of the LRP gene in Alzheimer's disease in the French populationP Verpillat
INSERM U535, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France, and INSERM U289, Paris, France
Eur J Hum Genet 9:464-8. 2001..One interest in this study is the use of the haplotype analysis, which can be used to combine information from several polymorphisms, taking into account their dependence...
- Association between the extended tau haplotype and frontotemporal dementiaPatrice Verpillat
Département d Epidémiologie, de Biostatistique, et de Recherche Clinique, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75877 Paris Cedex 18, France
Arch Neurol 59:935-9. 2002..In FTD, the pathological accumulation of the microtubule-associated protein tau suggests that the tau gene may be a genetic risk factor for this disorder...
- Aldosterone synthase (CYP11B2) gene polymorphism and cerebral white matter hyperintensitiesP Verpillat
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U360, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Neurology 56:673-5. 2001..61 (95% CI, 1.46 to 14.55) for the TT genotype and 2.45 (95% CI, 0.81 to 7.46) for the TC genotype in men. This association was independent of hypertension...
- Possible implication of thiopurine S-methyltransferase in occurrence of infectious episodes during maintenance therapy for childhood lymphoblastic leukemia with mercaptopurineT Dervieux
, , Paris, France
Leukemia 15:1706-12. 2001..001). In conclusion, during maintenance therapy of ALL, children with higher TPMT activity receive a higher 6-MP dosage and may have infectious episodes caused by metabolism of 6-MP into methylmercaptopurine nucleotides...
- Melanocortin 1 receptor (MC1R) gene variants may increase the risk of melanoma in France independently of clinical risk factors and UV exposureE Matichard
J Med Genet 41:e13. 2004
- Segregation of a missense mutation in the microtubule-associated protein tau gene with familial frontotemporal dementia and parkinsonismC Dumanchin
Génétique et Hématologie Moléculaires JE 2006, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Rouen, 76031 Rouen, France and IFRMP, 76821 Mont Saint Aignon, France
Hum Mol Genet 7:1825-9. 1998..The observation of this mutation in several FTDP families might suggest that disruption of binding of MAPT protein to the microtubule is a key event in the pathogenesis of FTDP...
- [Cutaneous necrosis is predictive of cancer in adult dermatomyositis]M Burnouf
Service de Dermatologie, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat-Claude Bernard, , Paris
Ann Dermatol Venereol 130:313-6. 2003..The interest of elevation in muscular enzyme as a predictive factor of cancer is discussed...
- Dementia with prominent frontotemporal features associated with L113P presenilin 1 mutationG Raux
INSERM EPI 9906 Campion, Rouen, France
Neurology 55:1577-8. 2000..Neuroimaging features were consistent with the diagnosis of frontotemporal dementia. The authors conclude that PSEN1 mutations can be associated with clinical features of frontotemporal dementia...
- [Correlation between the presence of type-2 anti-pemphigoid antibodies and dementia in elderly subjects with no clinical signs of pemphigoid]N Foureur
, , Assistance Publique, , Ivry-sur-Seine
Ann Dermatol Venereol 133:439-43. 2006..The overall prevalence of antinuclear antibodies was 14.5% and the figure was similar between the two groups. DISCUSSION: The presence of anti-PBAg2 could be associated with the diagnosis of dementia in elderly subjects...