- Pandemic influenza (A/H1N1) vaccine uptake among French private general practitioners: a cross sectional study in 2010Pierre Verger
U912 Sciences Economiques and Sociales de la Santé and Traitement de l Information Médicale, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Marseilles, France
PLoS ONE 7:e41837. 2012....
- Drug reimbursement and GPs' prescribing decisions: a randomized case-vignette study about the pharmacotherapy of obesity associated with type 2 diabetes: how GPs react to drug reimbursementPierre Verger
INSERM, U912 SE4S, Marseilles, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 24:509-16. 2010..Decisions about reimbursement of pharmaceutical products should be made taking into account that reimbursement is likely to intensify prescription...
- Psychiatric disorders in students in six French universities: 12-month prevalence, comorbidity, impairment and help-seekingPierre Verger
French Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM, U912, SE4S, Marseille, France
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 45:189-99. 2010..This article aims to study 12-month prevalence of PD in university students, their socio-economic correlates, impairment in daily life and help-seeking behaviours...
- Occupational physicians' attitudes and practices in relation to occupational cancer prevention: a qualitative study in southeastern FrancePierre Verger
Southeastern Health Regional Observatory Observatoire régional de la santé ORS PACA, Marseilles, France
Int J Occup Environ Health 16:320-9. 2010....
- Positive attitudes of French general practitioners towards A/H1N1 influenza-pandemic vaccination: a missed opportunity to increase vaccination uptakes in the general public?Michael Schwarzinger
INSERM, U912 Economic and Social Sciences, Health Systems and Societies SE4S, 23 rue Stanislas Torrents, 13006 Marseille, France
Vaccine 28:2743-8. 2010..GPs' involvement in the mass vaccination campaign, which has been neglected by French public health authorities, may have increased uptake rates in the general public...
- Barriers to physician reporting of workers' compensation cases in FrancePierre Verger
Southeastern Health Regional Observatory, Marseilles, France
Int J Occup Environ Health 14:198-205. 2008..Our results suggest that occupational sciatica is underreported in France. Physicians' lack of knowledge of reporting principles and procedures and their ethical dilemma regarding job loss may be barriers to reporting...
- Determinants of coprescription of anxiolytics with antidepressants in general practicePierre Verger
Southeastern Health Regional Observatory, French Institute of Health and Medical Research, INSERM UMR 379, Marseilles, France
Can J Psychiatry 53:94-103. 2008..This article assesses how often and why GPs coprescribe an anxiolytic when starting patients on antidepressant (AD) treatment, and which patient- and GP-related factors are associated with this coprescription...
- Overweight and obesity: knowledge, attitudes, and practices of general practitioners in franceAurélie Bocquier
Southeastern France Regional Center for Disease control, Marseilles, France
Obes Res 13:787-95. 2005..To describe the current knowledge, attitudes, and practices of French general practitioners (GPs) in the field of adult overweight and obesity management...
- The psychological impact of terrorism: an epidemiologic study of posttraumatic stress disorder and associated factors in victims of the 1995-1996 bombings in FrancePierre Verger
Regional Health Observatory INSERM U379, Marseille, France
Am J Psychiatry 161:1384-9. 2004..The authors conducted follow-up evaluations with the victims in 1998 to determine the prevalence of and factors associated with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
- Social inequalities in new antidepressant treatment: a study at the individual and neighborhood levelsAurélie Bocquier
INSERM, U912 SESSTIM, Marseille, France
Ann Epidemiol 23:99-105. 2013..To determine whether social inequalities in new antidepressant treatment exist at the individual and/or neighborhood level; and their relation to access to prescribers and/or processes of care (treatment initiation and duration)...
- Hypnotic and tranquillizer use among general practitioners in south-eastern France and its relation to occupational characteristics and prescribing habitsPierre Verger
INSERM Research Unit 379, Marseille, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 18:379-85. 2004..The strains associated with both medical practice and family burden have some influence on hypnotic and tranquillizer use among GPs; individual factors may influence prescribing attitudes and patient care as well...
- Eating at the university canteen. Associations with socioeconomic status and healthier self-reported eating habits in FranceValérie Guagliardo
INSERM, U912 SE4S, 23 rue Stanislas Torrents, 13006 Marseille, France
Appetite 56:90-5. 2011..Further research is needed to confirm these results in the overall student population in France and to understand the determinants of university canteen utilization...
- Women with disabilities: general practitioners and breast cancer screeningPierre Verger
INSERM Research Unit 379, Marseille, France
Am J Prev Med 28:215-20. 2005..A panel of 600 general practitioners (GPs) in Provence (southeastern France) provided information from which barriers potentially associated with BCS practices for women with disabilities were evaluated...
- Sporting activity and drug use: Alcohol, cigarette and cannabis use among elite student athletesPatrick Peretti-Watel
Regional Centre for Disease Control of South Eastern France ORS PACA, and INSERM Research Unit 379, Social Sciences Applied to Medical Innovation, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Addiction 98:1249-56. 2003..To study the relationship between sporting activity and alcohol, cigarette and cannabis use among adolescents and young adults, by focusing on elite student athletes (ESAs)...
- General practitioners and clinical practice guidelines: a reexaminationIsabelle Clerc
INSERM U912 SE4S, Marseille, France
Med Care Res Rev 68:504-18. 2011..It is important to build awareness of CPGs before GPs develop negative attitudes toward them...
- General practitioners' choices and their determinants when starting treatment for major depression: a cross sectional, randomized case-vignette surveyHelene Dumesnil
UMR912, Sciences Economiques and Sociales de la Santé and Traitement de l Information Médicale SESSTIM, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Marseille, France
PLoS ONE 7:e52429. 2012..We studied how general practitioners (GPs) manage the acute phase of a new episode of non-comorbid major depression (MD) and the factors associated with their decisions...
- Small-area analysis of social inequalities in residential exposure to road traffic noise in Marseilles, FranceAurélie Bocquier
ORS PACA, Southeastern Health Regional Observatory, Marseille, France
Eur J Public Health 23:540-6. 2013..This study analysed the associations between area socio-economic status (SES) and potential residential exposure to road traffic noise at a small-area level in Marseilles, second largest city in France...
- Physicians' characteristics associated with exploring suicide risk among patients with depression: a French panel survey of general practitionersAurélie Bocquier
INSERM, UMR912 Economics and Social Sciences Applied to Health and Analysis of Medical Information SESSTIM, Marseille, France Aix Marseille University, UMR_S912, IRD, Marseille, France ORS PACA, Southeastern Health Regional Observatory, Marseille, France
PLoS ONE 8:e80797. 2013..Our objectives were to describe GPs' attitudes, perceived barriers, and self-reported practices in this questioning of these patients and to analyze factors associated with these practices...
- Formal and informal care for disabled elderly living in the community: an appraisal of French care composition and costsAlain Paraponaris
INSERM, U912 SE4S, 23 rue Stanislas Torrents, 13006 Marseille, France
Eur J Health Econ 13:327-36. 2012..This paper aims to identify factors associated with the type of care (informal, formal, mixed or no care at all) received by the French disabled elderly and to assess the care's relative costs...
- Environmental disasters: preparing for impact assessments and operational feedbackPierre Verger
Southeastern Health Regional Observatory Research Unit UMR 912 Economic and Social Sciences, Health Systems and Societies, INSERM, Marselle, France
Am J Disaster Med 3:358-68. 2008....
- Cross-sectional survey: risk-averse French general practitioners are more favorable toward influenza vaccinationSophie Massin
Aix Marseille Université Aix Marseille School of Economics SESSTIM UMR 912, INSERM IRD, Marseille, France Université d Artois, LEM, UMR 8179, Arras, France
Vaccine 33:610-4. 2015..In risk-averse GPs, the perceived benefits of the vaccine and/or the perceived risks of the infectious disease might indeed outweigh the perceived risks of the vaccine...
- Factors associated with vaccination for hepatitis B, pertussis, seasonal and pandemic influenza among French general practitioners: a 2010 surveyCeline Pulcini
INSERM, UMR912 SESSTIM, Marseille, France
Vaccine 31:3943-9. 2013..Being vaccinated for one vaccine also increased the VC for some or all three other studied vaccines. All these findings argue for public health campaigns using messages adapted to each vaccine. ..
- Is depression associated with health risk-related behaviour clusters in adults?Pierre Verger
INSERM, U912 SE4S, Marseille, France
Eur J Public Health 19:618-24. 2009..Depressive disorders have been linked to health risk-related behaviours (HRBs) considered separately. Our objective was to study whether depression is associated with the co-occurrence of HRBs in adults...
- A Case Study on the Substitution Effect between the Length of GP Consultation and Drug Prescribing PracticesBruno Ventelou
Observatoire Régional de la Santé Provence Alpes Côte d Azur, Marseille, France
Healthc Policy 5:58-68. 2010..Moreover, for more than 50% of drug prescriptions, the medical decisions contradict clinical practice guidelines...
- Recommendations to improve post-disaster HIA: planning before the disasterPierre Verger
Observatoire Régional de la Santé, Provence Alpes Cote d Azur, Marseille, France
Eur J Public Health 17:6-7. 2007
- [Reliability of medical causes of death in Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur]Eliane Michel
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 379, Marseille, France
Sante Publique 20:29-38. 2008....
- Assessment of exposure to a flood disaster in a mental-health studyPierre Verger
Center of Disease Control for Southeastern France, INSERM U379, Marseille, France
J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol 13:436-42. 2003..Further research is nonetheless necessary to assess the consistency and reproducibility of the data collected...
- Public awareness campaigns about depression and suicide: a reviewHelene Dumesnil
Observatoire Régional de la Santé, Provence Alpes Cote d Azur, and with the Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U912, SE4S, Marseille, France
Psychiatr Serv 60:1203-13. 2009..The purpose of this literature review was to gather information on campaigns about depression or suicide awareness and summarize data on the impact and effectiveness of these campaigns...