- Seasonality of birth in schizophrenia: the effect of regional population densityH Verdoux
Department of Psychiatry, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Centre Carreire, France
Schizophr Res 23:175-80. 1997..These results suggest that seasonal early environmental risk factor(s) linked to schizophrenia predominantly operate in urban areas...
- Cannabis use and risk of psychosis: an etiological link?Helene Verdoux
Department of Psychiatry, EA 3676 MP2S, IFR99 of Public Health, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux2, Bordeaux, France
Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 13:113-9. 2004..The nature of the link between cannabis use and psychosis remains to be clarified...
- Is the intensity of Schneiderian symptoms related to handedness and speech disorder in subjects with psychosis?Helene Verdoux
Department of Psychiatry, EA 3676 MP2S, IFR 99 of Public Health, University Victor Segalen, 121 rue la Béchade, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Schizophr Res 67:167-73. 2004..To explore the links between Schneiderian first-rank symptoms (FRS), handedness and speech disorder in subjects with psychosis...
- Focus on psychiatry in FranceHelene Verdoux
Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, France
Br J Psychiatry 183:466-71. 2003
- Social environments and daily life occurrence of psychotic symptoms--an experience sampling test in a non-clinical populationHelene Verdoux
Hôpital Charles Perrens, 121 rue de la Bechade, 33076, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 38:654-61. 2003..The aim of this study was to explore in a non-clinical population whether specific social environments modify the expression of psychotic symptoms in daily life...
- Perinatal risk factors for schizophrenia: diagnostic specificity and relationships with maternal psychopathologyHelene Verdoux
Department of Psychiatry, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux2, France
Am J Med Genet 114:898-905. 2002..The links and possible interactions between somatic perinatal risk factors and maternal psychopathology in the association with offspring's increased vulnerability for psychosis have to be further explored...
- Cannabis use and dimensions of psychosis in a nonclinical population of female subjectsHelene Verdoux
INSERM U330, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Schizophr Res 59:77-84. 2003..The aim of the present study was to explore the pattern of associations between cannabis use and dimensions of psychosis in a nonclinical population of female subjects...
- Is the association between duration of untreated psychosis and outcome confounded? A two year follow-up study of first-admitted patientsH Verdoux
Department of Psychiatry, University Victor Segalen, Bordeaux 2, 121 rue Bechiade, 33076, Cedex, Bordeaux, France
Schizophr Res 49:231-41. 2001..To assess whether a long duration of untreated psychosis (DUP) before first admission predicts poor clinical and social outcome, and whether this association, if any, is confounded by premorbid and clinical characteristics...
- Obstetrical complications and the development of postpartum depressive symptoms: a prospective survey of the MATQUID cohortH Verdoux
Departement of Psychiatry, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, France
Acta Psychiatr Scand 106:212-9. 2002..To prospectively investigate in a cohort of pregnant women the association between obstetrical complications (OCs) and depressive symptomatology in the early postpartum period...
- [Long-term psychiatric and behavioural consequences of prenatal exposure to psychoactive drugs]H Verdoux
Service Universitaire de Psychiatrie, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Therapie 57:181-5. 2002..Further studies are required to explore the long-term cognitive and behavioural consequences of prenatal exposure to psychoactive drugs and xenoestrogens...
- Social and clinical consequences of cognitive deficits in early psychosis: a two-year follow-up study of first-admitted patientsHelene Verdoux
Department of Psychiatry, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Schizophr Res 56:149-59. 2002..To explore whether baseline memory and executive deficits predicted poor social and clinical outcome over the 2 years following a first admission for psychosis, regardless of categorical diagnosis...
- Psychotic symptoms in non-clinical populations and the continuum of psychosisHelene Verdoux
Department of Psychiatry, University Victor Segalen, Hôpital Charles Perrens, 121 rue de la Bechade, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Schizophr Res 54:59-65. 2002....
- Is early adulthood a critical developmental stage for psychosis proneness? A survey of delusional ideation in normal subjectsH Verdoux
Department of Psychiatry, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux, France
Schizophr Res 29:247-54. 1998....
- Accuracy of information on substance use recorded in medical charts of patients with intentional drug overdoseMarie Tournier
Unité INSERM U657, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Psychiatry Res 152:73-9. 2007..The usefulness of systematic toxicological assays during hospitalization for IDO should be assessed in further studies exploring whether such information allows medical management to be modified and contributes to improving prognosis...
- Factors associated with choice of psychotropic drugs used for intentional drug overdoseMarie Tournier
Unité INSERM U657, Universite Victor Segalen, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 259:86-91. 2009..Knowledge of the factors influencing the choice of drugs used for intentional drug overdose (IDO) may allow the reduction of IDO lethality...
- Efficiency and safety of oxcarbazepine in mood disorders: a naturalistic study exploring the interest of plasma dosagesDavid Misdrahi
Pôle 347 de Psychiatrie Adulte, Centre Hospitalier Charles Perrens, 121 rue de la Bechade, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Eur Psychiatry 23:409-12. 2008..To investigate whether measurement of plasma levels can predict tolerance to oxcarbazepine (OXC)...
- Risk of death related to psychotropic drug use in older people during the European 2003 heatwave: a population-based case-control studyClementine Nordon
INSERM U657, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 17:1059-67. 2009..The authors investigated the association between death of older people and use of psychotropic drugs before and during the Western European August 2003 heatwave...
- Depression and severe heart failure: benefits of cardiac resynchronization therapySylvain Ploux
Hopital Cardiologique Haut Leveque, CHU Bordeaux, France
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 23:631-6. 2012..We specifically examined whether patients with depression have a different rate of response to CRT and whether CRT has an effect on depressive symptoms...
- Psychotropic drugs use and risk of heat-related hospitalisationKarin Martin-Latry
Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, France
Eur Psychiatry 22:335-8. 2007..To assess if use of psychotropic drugs is associated with an increased risk of admission for heat-related pathologies during a heat wave period...
- Serious psychiatric outcome of subjects prenatally exposed to diethylstilboestrol in the E3N cohort studyHelene Verdoux
INSERM U657, Université Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Psychol Med 37:1315-22. 2007..Most findings of an increased prevalence of psychiatric disorders in men and women prenatally exposed to DES are not easy to interpret because of selection biases...
- A survey of general practitioners' knowledge of symptoms and epidemiology of schizophreniaHelene Verdoux
Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Hôpital Charles Perrens, 121 rue de la Bechade, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Eur Psychiatry 21:238-44. 2006..To explore general practitioners' (GPs) knowledge of the symptoms and epidemiology of schizophrenia, and the GPs' characteristics associated with level of knowledge...
- The 4-Point ordinal Alliance Self-report: a self-report questionnaire for assessing therapeutic relationships in routine mental healthDavid Misdrahi
Departement de psychiatrie adulte, Centre Hospitalier Charles Perrens, Bordeaux, France
Compr Psychiatry 50:181-5. 2009..A secondary objective was to assess the scale's validity and the association between TR and adherence...
- Psychiatric disorders and their comorbidity in subjects with parasuicide by intentional drug overdose: prevalence and gender differencesMarie Tournier
Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux2, INSERM U657, IFR99 of Public Health, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Psychiatry Res 136:93-100. 2005....
- Characteristics associated with duration of employment of persons with schizophrenia after first contact with psychiatric servicesAudrey Cougnard
INSERM U 657, Bordeaux, France
Work 34:365-71. 2009..Persons unable to keep enduring employment after illness onset may have different needs regarding social and rehabilitation management compared to those able to maintain a working activity over a long period...
- [Management of women with bipolar disorders from conception through the postpartum period]Clementine Nordon
Réseau de Psychiatrie Périnatale, Service universitaire de psychiatrie adulte, Centre Hospitalier Charles Perrens, Bordeaux, France
Presse Med 36:1913-8. 2007..Second-generation antipsychotic agents should not be used during pregnancy or breast-feeding because inadequate information is currently available about their safety...
- [Pharmacoepidemiology of psychotropic medication: utilisation and impact in real-life conditions]Helene Verdoux
Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Therapie 61:17-22. 2006..Only findings obtained by such studies may allow risk management and elaboration of guidelines based upon factual data...
- How do general practitioners manage subjects with early schizophrenia and collaborate with mental health professionals? A postal survey in South-Western FranceHelene Verdoux
Department of Adult Psychiatry, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 40:892-8. 2005..This study was conducted to explore how general practitioners (GPs) manage subjects with early psychosis and collaborate with psychiatrists in the care of such patients...
- Atypical antipsychotics: from potassium channels to torsade de pointes and sudden deathKarine Titier
Dept de Pharmacologie, Universite Victor Segalen, CHU de Bordeaux, INSERM Réseau de Pharmacoépidémiologie, Bordeaux, France
Drug Saf 28:35-51. 2005..The assessment of cardiovascular safety, both preclinical and during premarketing clinical trials, needs to be supported by appropriately powered pharmacoepidemiology studies...
- Perinatal risk factors for schizophrenia: how specific are they?Helene Verdoux
Department of Psychiatry, University Bordeaux, Hôpital Charles Perrens, EA3676, 121 rue de la Bechade, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Curr Psychiatry Rep 6:162-7. 2004....
- Did the US boycott of French products spread to include scientific output?Bernard Begaud
EA 3676, IFR99 of Public Health, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
BMJ 329:1430-1. 2004
- The current state of adult mental health care in FranceHelene Verdoux
Hôpital Charles Perrens, 121 rue de la Bechade, 33076, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 257:64-70. 2007..The numerous national programmes aimed at renovating French mental health services, published over the last decade, have not yet kept their promises...
- Comparison of patient questionnaires and plasma assays in intentional drug overdosesMarcelle Diane Matsika
EA 3676, Department of Pharmacology, Victor Segalen University, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 95:31-7. 2004..However these results found at the population level may not be true at an individual level...
- Impact of substance use on the onset and course of early psychosisHelene Verdoux
EA 3676, IFR of Public Health, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Schizophr Res 79:69-75. 2005..Therapeutic programs for subjects with dual diagnosis should be implemented early in the course of psychosis to maximise their impact on the course of illness...
- Pharmacoepidemiology of psychotropic drugs: examples of current research challenges on major public health issuesHelene Verdoux
INSERM U657, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux2, Bordeaux, France
Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 18:107-13. 2009..As a large number of persons are exposed to prescribed psychotropic drugs, their utilisation and impact should be further explored at the population level...
- Neuroleptics and mortality in schizophrenia: prospective analysis of deaths in a French cohort of schizophrenic patientsChristine Montout
, , 33076, Bordeaux, France
Schizophr Res 57:147-56. 2002..06; 95% CI 1.15-3.70; p=0.0016). CONCLUSION: Our findings suggest the existence of association between certain classes of neuroleptics and death, all cause or specific. This could be related to the drug itself or to patient selection...
- Time between schizophrenia onset and first request for disability status in France and associated patient characteristicsAudrey Cougnard
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U657, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, Bordeaux 33076, France
Psychiatr Serv 58:1427-32. 2007....
- Life-threatening adverse drug reactions at admission to medical intensive care: a prospective study in a teaching hospitalMarieke Grenouillet Delacre
Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, INSERM U657, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33075 Bordeaux cedex, France
Intensive Care Med 33:2150-7. 2007..To assess the characteristics of life-threatening adverse drug reactions in patients admitted to medical intensive care unit and to define those that could facilitate early identification...
- Schizophrenia: who is at risk? Who is a case?Helene Verdoux
Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 21:S17-9. 2006..This strategy has major clinical implications because the question "who is a case?" is often equivalent in clinical practice to the question "who needs treatment?"...
- Is benzodiazepine use a risk factor for cognitive decline and dementia? A literature review of epidemiological studiesHelene Verdoux
EA 3676, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Psychol Med 35:307-15. 2005..The aim of the present review was to examine findings from prospective studies carried out in general population samples exploring whether exposure to benzodiazepines is associated with an increased risk of incident cognitive decline...
- Gender differences in metabolic monitoring of second-generation antipsychotic prescriptionHelene Verdoux
INSERM U657, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Léo Saignat 33076, Bordeaux Cedex, France helene verdoux u bordeaux2 fr
Hum Psychopharmacol 23:471-4. 2008....
- Prospective, multicentre, randomized, double-blind study of the efficacy of escitalopram versus citalopram in outpatient treatment of major depressive disorderNicholas Moore
Departement de Pharmacologie, INSERM U657, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 20:131-7. 2005..3%, P<0.01). Adjusted remitter rates were 56.1% and 43.6%, respectively (P<0.05). Tolerability was similar in both groups. This randomized double-blind trial confirms that escitalopram has a superior effect to citalopram in MDD...