Genomes and Genes
Jan A Veenstra
- Regulatory peptides in fruit fly midgutJan A Veenstra
CNIC UMR 5228 CNRS, Universite Bordeaux 1, 33400, Talence, France
Cell Tissue Res 334:499-516. 2008..Although the Drosophila insulin gene Ilp3 was abundantly expressed in the midgut, Ilp3 was not expressed in endocrine cells, but in midgut muscle...
- Allatostatin C and its paralog allatostatin double C: the arthropod somatostatinsJan A Veenstra
Universite de Bordeaux, CNRS CNIC UMR 5228, Talence Cedex, France
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 39:161-70. 2009..Similarity between the precursors and receptors of ASTC/ASTCC and somatostatin suggests that ASTC/ASTCC and somatostatin have a common ancestor...
- Neurohormones and neuropeptides encoded by the genome of Lottia gigantea, with reference to other mollusks and insectsJan A Veenstra
Universite de Bordeaux, CNRS, CNIC UMR 5228, 33400 Talence, France
Gen Comp Endocrinol 167:86-103. 2010....
- Peptidergic paracrine and endocrine cells in the midgut of the fruit fly maggotJan A Veenstra
Universite de Bordeaux, CNIC CNRS UMR 5228, Talence, France
Cell Tissue Res 336:309-23. 2009..Many of the latter cells are also weakly immunoreactive to the antiserum against diuretic hormone 31. As in the adult, the insulin-like peptide 3 gene appears to be expressed by midgut muscles, but not by midgut endocrine cells...
- Does corazonin signal nutritional stress in insects?Jan A Veenstra
Universite de Bordeaux, CNIC UMR 5228 CNRS, Talence, France
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 39:755-62. 2009..I propose that in insects corazonin might be released under conditions of nutritional stress, which can explain several of the observed physiological effects of this neurohormone...
- Neuropeptide evolution: neurohormones and neuropeptides predicted from the genomes of Capitella teleta and Helobdella robustaJan A Veenstra
Universite de Bordeaux, INCIA UMR 5287 CNRS, 33400 Talence, France
Gen Comp Endocrinol 171:160-75. 2011....
- Neuroendocrine cells in Drosophila melanogaster producing GPA2/GPB5, a hormone with homology to LH, FSH and TSHAzza Sellami
Universite de Bordeaux, CNIC UMR 5228 CNRS, 33400 Talence, France
Gen Comp Endocrinol 170:582-8. 2011....
- Expression of the mu opioid receptor in Drosophila and its effects on trehalose and glycogen when expressed by the AKH neuroendocrine cellsAzza Sellami
Universite de Bordeaux 1, CNRS, CNIC UMR 5228, 33400 Talence, France
Peptides 31:1383-9. 2010....
- Allatotropin, leucokinin and AKH in honey bees and other HymenopteraJan A Veenstra
Universite de Bordeaux, INCIA UMR 5287 CNRS, Avenue des Facultes, 33405 Talence, France
Peptides 35:122-30. 2012..It is suggested that functional disintegration of this important metabolic gene became possible in Apis because of the highly evolved social nature of the species...
- In silico cloning of genes encoding neuropeptides, neurohormones and their putative G-protein coupled receptors in a spider miteJan A Veenstra
Universite Bordeaux, Avenue des Facultes, INCIA UMR 5287 CNRS, 33405 Talence Cedex, France
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 42:277-95. 2012..Whereas some of the latter have orthologs in hemimetabolous insect species, crustaceans or ticks, for others such arthropod homologs are currently unknown...
- Functional significance of the copper transporter ATP7 in peptidergic neurons and endocrine cells in Drosophila melanogasterAzza Sellami
Universite de Bordeaux, INCIA UMR 5287 CNRS, 33405 Talence, France
FEBS Lett 586:3633-8. 2012..Nevertheless, down-regulation of ATP7 specifically in the SIFamide-expressing neurons resulted in male-male courtship behavior...
- AKH-producing neuroendocrine cell ablation decreases trehalose and induces behavioral changes in DrosophilaGuillaume Isabel
Laboratoire de Neuroendocrinologie des Insectes, Unité Mixte de Recherche 5106 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université Bordeaux I Avenue des Facultés, Talence, Cedex, France
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 288:R531-8. 2005....
- What the loss of the hormone neuroparsin in the melanogaster subgroup of Drosophila can tell us about its functionJan A Veenstra
Universite de Bordeaux, CNRS CNIC UMR 5228, Avenue des Facultes, 33400 Talence Cedex, France
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 40:354-61. 2010..Perhaps the combination of the development of a complete metamorphosis and a redundant role in reproduction made neuroparsin dispensable in some Drosophila species...