- Identification of quality of life concerns of patients with obstructive sleep apnoea at the time of initiation of continuous positive airway pressure: a discourse analysis
Sleep Laboratory, CHU Grenoble, Centre Pneumologie, Henri Bazire, France
Qual Life Res 11:389-99. 2002
..Thus many worries and concerns of patients remain hidden. Treatment by nasal continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) can be imposing for the individual. An analysis of the freely expressed concerns of such patients is required...
- Respiratory monitoring in sleep apnea syndrome
Department of Respiratory Disease, CHRU Grenoble, France
Sleep 15:S5-8. 1992
..Aims and means are stated for monitoring and scoring in research as well as in clinical practice...
- Evaluation of autoCPAP devices in home treatment of sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome
J C Meurice
Service de Pneumologie, 2 rue de la Miletrie, CHU de Poitiers, 86000 Poitiers, France
Sleep Med 8:695-703. 2007
..Clinical comparisons between devices driven by different algorithms are needed...
- [Social and housing conditions of patients with chronic respiratory failure treated in the ANTADIR Federation]
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital du Cluzeau, CHU Limoges, France
Rev Mal Respir 24:609-16. 2007
..Chronic respiratory failure (CRF) has an impact on quality of life because of respiratory handicap...
- Chronic respiratory care and rehabilitation in France
National Co ordinator ANTADIR, 66 Bid St Michel, 75006 Paris, France
Chron Respir Dis 3:215-6. 2006
..We describe the intermediate and home-care systems for treatment of chronic respiratory diseases...
- A multicentre trial of education strategies at CPAP induction in the treatment of severe sleep apnoea-hypopnoea syndrome
J C Meurice
CHU Poitiers, France
Sleep Med 8:37-42. 2007
..Compliance with continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) treatment in obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome (OSAS) may be difficult. Patient education is important but strategies and their outcomes are not clear...
- [Respiratory manifestations in von Recklinghausen's disease]
Clinica a VI a Medicala, Spitalul Clinic de Recuperare Iaşi
Pneumologia 54:186-90. 2005
..The common feature is the presence of severe chest deformities. The bullous emphysema was present in 2 of them. All 4 patients suffered from depressive syndrome with neuroleptic use...
- [Domicilary ventilation in three countries]
Rev Mal Respir 22:154-5. 2005
- [Home pulmonary rehabilitation in chronic respiratory insufficiency]
Association Nationale de Traitement A Domicile des Insuffisants Respiratoires, Paris, France
Rev Mal Respir 21:829-34. 2004
- [Home-based pulmonary rehabilitation: the evidence, practical issues and medico-economics]
Service de Pneumologie, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire d Angers, AIR Anjou
Rev Mal Respir 21:727-35. 2004
..For longer-term effects, extending rehabilitation into domiciliary care settings may be necessary. There are few studies evaluating precisely this modality of management in a home setting...
- [Home pulmonary rehabilitation: results in a cohort of 37 patients with respiratory handicap]
J C Borel
Service d Explorations Fonctionnelles Cardio Respiratoire, CHU de Grenoble, France
Rev Mal Respir 21:711-7. 2004
..The purpose of this open, prospective, non-controlled study is to evaluate the feasibility and effect of 10 weeks of home-based exercise retraining on a cyclo-ergometer in respiratory patients...
- Critical analysis of the results of surgery in the treatment of snoring, upper airway resistance syndrome (UARS), and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
J L Pepin
Department of Respiratory Medicine, University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Sleep 19:S90-100. 1996
- Autonomic stress tests in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome and snoring
Department of Pneumonology, CHRU, Grenoble, France
Sleep 15:505-13. 1992
..We conclude that abnormal autonomic stress responses are common in OSAS and are probably a secondary defect...
- Evaluation of the upper airway in sleep apnea syndrome
J L Pepin
Department of Respiratory Medicine, CHRU de Grenoble, France
Sleep 15:S50-5. 1992
..The applications and limitations of both static and dynamic techniques are examined in awake and sleeping patients. The effects of posture on the upper airway and the usefulness for predicting treatment efficiency are examined...
- [What are the general principles and management of patients presenting with respiratory diseases and preparing for air travel? General problems and principal logistic aspects of air travel in cases of respiratory anomalies]
Fédération ANTADIR, Paris, France
Rev Mal Respir 24:4S18-4S23. 2007