Genomes and Genes
- The CARD8 p.C10X mutation associates with a low anti-glycans antibody response in patients with Crohn's diseaseFrancis Vasseur
Universite Lille Nord de France, 59000, Lille, France
BMC Med Genet 14:35. 2013..In mice, anti-glucan antibody response depends on the NLRP3 inflammasome. Here, we explored the effect of mutated CARD8, a component of the inflammasome, on anti-glycans antibody response in human...
- Variants of NOD1 and NOD2 genes display opposite associations with familial risk of Crohn's disease and anti-saccharomyces cerevisiae antibody levelsFrancis Vasseur
Univ Nord de France, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 18:430-8. 2012....
- Concordance of two multiple analytical approaches demonstrate that interaction between BMI and ADIPOQ haplotypes is a determinant of LDL cholesterol in a general French populationFrancis Vasseur
Biostatistics Department EA2694, University Hospital, University Lille Nord de France, UDSL, Lille Cedex, France
J Hum Genet 55:227-31. 2010..13, 95% CI=2.20-4.46, P<0.0001). Our results suggest that in interaction with BMI, ADIPOQ haplotypes capture genetic variation(s) from neighboring gene(s) that would modulate LDL-C level...
- Analysis of sequence variability in the CART gene in relation to obesity in a Caucasian populationAudrey Guerardel
Institute of Biology CNRS UMR 8090, Pasteur Institute, Lille, France
BMC Genet 6:19. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of polymorphisms within the CART gene with regards to a possible association with obesity in a Caucasian population...
- Long-term outcome of treatment with infliximab in pediatric-onset Crohn's disease: a population-based studyValérie Crombé
Gastroenterology Unit, EPIMAD Registry, Lille University Hospital, Lille, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 17:2144-52. 2011..We examined short- and long-term benefits and safety of infliximab (IFX) in a population-based cohort of Crohn's disease (CD) patients <17 years old at diagnosis...
- Mortality and cancer in pediatric-onset inflammatory bowel disease: a population-based studyAnaïs Peneau
Gastroenterology Unit, Lille University Nord de France, CHU Lille and Lille 2 University, Lille, France
Am J Gastroenterol 108:1647-53. 2013..Although the incidence of pediatric inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) continues to rise in Northern France, the risks of death and cancer in this population have not been characterized...
- Distinct impaired regulation of SOCS3 and long and short isoforms of the leptin receptor in visceral and subcutaneous fat of lean and obese womenKarin Séron
CNRS 8090 Institut de Biologie de Lille, Institut Pasteur, Lille, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 348:1232-8. 2006....
- GAD2 on chromosome 10p12 is a candidate gene for human obesityPhilippe Boutin
Institute of Biology Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Pasteur Institute, Lille, France
PLoS Biol 1:E68. 2003..01, respectively). These data support the hypothesis of the orexigenic effect of GABA in humans and of a contribution of genes involved in GABA metabolism in the modulation of food intake and in the development of morbid obesity...
- MBNL1 gene variants as modifiers of disease severity in myotonic dystrophy type 1Vincent Huin
Inserm UMR837, Alzheimer and Tauopathies, University Lille Nord de France, USDL, IMPRT, Jean Pierre Aubert Research Center, Bâtiment Biserte, 1, Place de Verdun, 59045 Lille, France
J Neurol 260:998-1003. 2013..0034) and accounted for 1.88 % of the variance in disease severity. We report the association of several genetic variants of the MBNL1 gene with DM1 or with the severity of the disease...
- Adiponectin, type 2 diabetes and the metabolic syndrome: lessons from human genetic studiesFrancis Vasseur
Biostatistics Department Medical School and Public Health Clinics, University Hospital, Lille, France
Expert Rev Mol Med 8:1-12. 2006..Several of these variations additively contribute to the modulation of adiponectin level and function, and associate with insulin sensitivity, type 2 diabetes and vascular complications of obesity...
- A CD36 nonsense mutation associated with insulin resistance and familial type 2 diabetesFrederic Lepretre
CNRS 8090 Institute of Biology, Pasteur Institute, Lille, France
Hum Mutat 24:104. 2004..Furthermore, expression studies of the truncated protein showed a defective binding of acetylated-LDL. Thus, our findings suggest a possible role for CD36 in the pathogenesis of T2D associated with reduced insulin sensitivity...
- Positional candidate gene analysis of Lim domain homeobox gene (Isl-1) on chromosome 5q11-q13 in a French morbidly obese population suggests indication for association with type 2 diabetesMouna Barat-Houari
Institute of Biology, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS 80 90, Lille, France
Diabetes 51:1640-3. 2002..However, in French Caucasian morbidly obese subjects, the Isl1-47A-->G SNP may modulate the risk for type 2 diabetes and may increase body weight in diabetic morbidly obese subjects...
- Nutritional status and growth in pediatric Crohn's disease: a population-based studyFrancis Vasseur
pôle de santé publique, Parc Eurasante, University Hospital, Université de Lille 2 EA2694, Lille Cedex, France
Am J Gastroenterol 105:1893-900. 2010..We examined nutritional and growth parameters from diagnosis to maximal follow-up in a population-based pediatric cohort, and we determined predictive factors...