- Unacylated Ghrelin is associated with the isolated low HDL-cholesterol obese phenotype independently of insulin resistance and CRP levelJuan Patricio Nogueira
Aix Marseille Univ, UMR 1260, 13005 Marseille, France
Nutr Metab (Lond) 9:17. 2012..abstract:..
- Fasting apoprotein B-48 level and coronary artery disease in a population without frank fasting hypertriglyceridemiaRené Valéro
Service de nutrition maladies métaboliques endocrinologie, AP HM, Hopital Ste Marguerite, Universite de la Mediterranee, CHU Marseille, BP 29 13274 Marseille Cedex 09, France
Metabolism 54:1442-7. 2005....
- Autosomal dominant transmission of diabetes and congenital hearing impairment secondary to a missense mutation in the WFS1 geneR Valero
Department of Nutrition, Metabolic Diseases, Endocrinology, University of Aix Marseille 2, La Timone Hospital, Marseille, France
Diabet Med 25:657-61. 2008..The aim was to investigate WFS1 gene sequences in a family with diabetes mellitus and hearing impairment...
- Growth hormone level at admission and its evolution during refeeding are predictive of short-term outcome in restrictive anorexia nervosaJuan P Nogueira
UMR 1062 INSERM 1260 INRA, Aix Marseille University, Marseille, France
Br J Nutr 109:2175-81. 2013..88, P < 0.05). The present study suggests that a low GH level at admission and the absence of its decrease after weight recovery could predict short-term relapse in women suffering from a restrictive form of AN...
- Serum hemorphin-7 levels are decreased in obesityMarie Maraninchi
Aix Marseille Universite, INSERM, INRA, NORT UMR_1062, Marseille, France
Obesity (Silver Spring) 21:378-81. 2013..Furthermore, levels of circulating hemorphin-7 peptides have been found to be decreased in diseases such as type 1 and type 2 diabetes...
- Absence of acute inhibitory effect of insulin on chylomicron production in type 2 diabetesJuan Patricio Nogueira
Unité Mixte de Recherche Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, University of La Méditerranée, Marseille, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:1039-44. 2012..It is not currently known whether this acute effect on chylomicron production is similarly blunted in humans with type 2 diabetes...
- Microvascular diabetes complications in Wolfram syndrome (diabetes insipidus, diabetes mellitus, optic atrophy, and deafness [DIDMOAD]): an age- and duration-matched comparison with common type 1 diabetesAline Cano
Department of Nutrition, Metabolic Diseases and Endocrinology, University of Mediterranee, La Timone Hospital, Marseille, France
Diabetes Care 30:2327-30. 2007..However, these data were not conclusive because either observations were only anecdotic or did not match with control type 1 diabetic populations...
- The desmopressin test as a predictive factor of outcome after pituitary surgery for Cushing's diseaseRené Valéro
Department of Endocrinology, Hopital de la Timone, Marseille, France
Eur J Endocrinol 151:727-33. 2004..5 years...
- The impact of weight normalization on quality of recovery in anorexia nervosaCéline Meguerditchian
Departement de Nutrition, Maladies Metaboliques et Endocrinologie, CHU La Timone, 264 rue Saint Pierre, 13005 Marseille, France
J Am Coll Nutr 28:397-404. 2009..There is little agreement on what constitutes remission in anorexia nervosa...
- Portal vein thrombosis due to factor 2 leiden in the post-operative course of a laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy for morbid obesityBruno Berthet
Digestive Surgical Department, CHU Timone, 264 rue Saint Pierre, 13385, Marseille, France
Obes Surg 19:1464-7. 2009..Computed tomography led to the diagnosis of portal vein thrombosis bound to a genetic disorder due to heterozygote Leiden 2 factor which impaired coagulation. Recommendations for post-surgical follow-up are discussed...
- [L-thyroxine pseudomalabsorption: a factitious disease]Laurent Molines
Service de Nutrition, Maladies Metaboliques et Endocrinologie, Hopital La Timone, Marseille
Presse Med 36:1390-4. 2007..Thyroxine supplementation of patients with hypothyroidism is usually simple. A few patients, however, continue to present elevated TSH levels despite large doses of L-thyroxine...