- Procalcitonin as a diagnostic test for sepsis in critically ill adults and after surgery or trauma: a systematic review and meta-analysisBernard Uzzan
APHP Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Hormonologie, Hopital Avicenne, Bobigny, France
Crit Care Med 34:1996-2003. 2006..To draw and compare the summary receiver operating characteristics curves for procalcitonin and C-reactive protein from the literature...
- Effects of statins on bone mineral density: a meta-analysis of clinical studiesBernard Uzzan
AP HP, Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, Hopital Avicenne, 125 route de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny, France
Bone 40:1581-7. 2007..Amino-bisphosphonates share this effect. In vitro and in vivo, statins show convincing anabolic and anti-resorptive bone effects. However, in a clinical meta-analysis (MA), they did not prevent hip fractures...
- Factitious increases in serum testosterone concentrations related to phenylbutazone therapyBernard Uzzan
Department of Pharmacology, AP HP, Hopital Avicenne, 125 route de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny, and Paris XIII University, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 22:159-60. 2008..This interaction had been described previously only once. We discuss its potential mechanisms, based upon our experimental findings, and its clinical implications...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 expression and recurrence of colorectal adenomas: effect of aspirin chemopreventionRobert Benamouzig
Department of Gastroenterology, AP HP, Hopital Avicenne, 125 route de Stalingrad, Bobigny, France
Gut 59:622-9. 2010..Low-dose aspirin reduces the incidence of colorectal cancer and recurrence of adenomas. Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), one of its main target enzymes, is reportedly over-expressed in colorectal adenomas...
- Prevention by daily soluble aspirin of colorectal adenoma recurrence: 4-year results of the APACC randomised trialRobert Benamouzig
Department of Gastroenterology, AP HP, Avicenne Hospital, Paris 13 University, Bobigny, France
Gut 61:255-61. 2012..In this study the results of daily intake of low-dose aspirin on polyp recurrence at 4-year follow-up are presented...
- Does microsatellite instability predict the efficacy of adjuvant chemotherapy in colorectal cancer? A systematic review with meta-analysisGaetan des Guetz
Department of Oncology, APHP, Hopital Avicenne, Bobigny, France
Eur J Cancer 45:1890-6. 2009..Microsatellite instability (MSI) status in predicting the efficacy of adjuvant chemotherapy in colorectal cancer remains controversial...
- Does delaying adjuvant chemotherapy after curative surgery for colorectal cancer impair survival? A meta-analysisGaetan des Guetz
AP HP, Department of Oncology, Avicenne Hospital, 125 route de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny, France
Eur J Cancer 46:1049-55. 2010..In stage III colorectal cancer (CRC), adjuvant chemotherapy (CT) is usually prescribed within two months after curative surgery. Whether or not delaying initiation of CT affects survival is still debated...
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of single-agent and doublet chemotherapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancer in the elderly: a meta-analysisGaetan des Guetz
Department of Oncology, AP HP, Avicenne Hospital, Paris XIII University, 125 route de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny, France
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 84:340-9. 2012..In patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) aged more than 70 years, the benefit-to-risk ratio of doublet chemotherapy vs single-agent is not established...
- Microsatellite instability: a predictive marker in metastatic colorectal cancer?Gaetan des Guetz
Department of Oncology, APHP, Hopital Avicenne, 125 route de Stalingrad, 93009, Bobigny, France
Target Oncol 4:57-62. 2009..83 (95% confidence interval: 0.95; 0.65-1.05; p = 0.11). In conclusion, MSI status did not predict the effect of chemotherapy for metastatic CRC. Metastatic chemotherapy had a similar effect on both MSI-H or on MSS tumors...
- Microsatellite instability does not predict the efficacy of chemotherapy in metastatic colorectal cancer. A systematic review and meta-analysisGaetan des Guetz
Department of Oncology, APHP, Hopital Avicenne, 125 route de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny, France
Anticancer Res 29:1615-20. 2009..A previous meta-analysis (MA) in the adjuvant setting showed that MSI-high (H) status did not predict the efficacy of chemotherapy. The predictive value of MSI status on the effect of metastatic chemotherapy was investigated by MA...
- Serum procalcitonin in uncomplicated falciparum malaria: a preliminary studyBernard Uzzan
Department of Pharmacology Hormonology, AP HP, Hopital Avicenne, Bobigny, France
Travel Med Infect Dis 4:77-80. 2006..Procalcitonin (PCT) has been found elevated in complicated forms of Plasmodium falciparum malaria. Its usefulness has almost never been assessed in uncomplicated falciparum malaria...
- Identification and chemoprevention in subjects at moderate risk of colorectal cancerRobert Benamouzig
Department of Gastroenterology, AP HP, Avicenne Hospital, 125 rue de Stalingrad, Bobigny, France
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 25:631-40. 2011..In the present article, we will try to better define these particular situations and discuss the risk quantification and the expected chemoprevention contribution...
- Expression of ghrelin in fundus is increased after gastric banding in morbidly obese patientsBernard Uzzan
Department of Pharmacology Hormonology, Hopital Avicenne, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Bobigny, France
Obes Surg 17:1159-64. 2007..In this study, we assessed serum ghrelin level and gastric fundus expression before and 1 year after LAGB...
- Is sentinel lymph node mapping in colorectal cancer a future prognostic factor? A meta-analysisGaetan des Guetz
Department of Oncology, Hôpital Avicenne AP HP, 125 route de Stalingrad, Bobigny, France
World J Surg 31:1304-12. 2007..Understanding the cause of false-negative SLNs (9%) is a major issue to resolve before routinely using this technique in CRC management. The prognostic implication of micrometastases found in SLNs requires further evaluation...
- [Sarcoidosis: the involvement of anterior pituitary hormones is poorly recognized]Hélène Bihan
Hopital Avicenne, Service d endocrinologie, diabétologie et maladies métaboliques, 93009 Bobigny, France
Presse Med 41:e524-9. 2012..The objective of this study was to evaluate the impact on the detection of hypothalamic-pituitary sarcoidosis in patients hospitalized for this condition in a lung disease sensibilized department...
- Cardiovascular toxicity of anti-angiogenic drugsGaetan des Guetz
Department of Medical Oncology, France and Paris XIII University, Bobighy
Target Oncol 6:197-202. 2011..In addition, their reversibility is not precisely known. This review aims to present and discuss the various cardiovascular toxicities of anti-angiogenic targeted therapies for cancer...
- Microvessel density as a prognostic factor in women with breast cancer: a systematic review of the literature and meta-analysisBernard Uzzan
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Hôpital Avicenne, Bobigny, France
Cancer Res 64:2941-55. 2004..MVD was a significant although weak prognostic factor in women with breast cancer. Standardization of MVD assessment is needed...
- An anticancer strategic dilemma: to kill or to contain. The choice of the pharmaceutical industry in 2009Gerard Yves Perret
Department of Pharmacology, AP HP, Avicenne Hospital, 125 route de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 25:283-95. 2011..To obtain a dynamic view of the repartition of drugs between the killing strategy and the containment or mixed strategies, the present work should be renewed every 3-4 years...
- Efficacy of four insect repellents against mosquito bites: a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled field study in SenegalBernard Uzzan
Department of Pharmacology, AP HP, Avicenne Hospital, 93009 Bobigny, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 23:589-94. 2009..Such field studies should be required before approval of any newly developed repellent...
- Low dose aspirin, COX-inhibition and chemoprevention of colorectal cancerRobert Benamouzig
Department of Gastro enterology, Hopital Avicenne, 125 rue de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny Cedex, France
Curr Top Med Chem 5:493-503. 2005..Four RCTs of the effect of aspirin on adenoma recurrence are available. Other trials are currently underway...