Affiliation: UFR SMBH
- Infrequently asked questions about the Mediterranean dietFrance Bellisle
INSERM, U557, INRA, U1125, CNAM, EA3200, UniversitÃ© Paris 13, CRNH IdF, UnitÃ© de Recherche en EpidÃ©miologie Nutritionnelle, 74 rue Marcel Cachin, Bobigny, F 93017, France
Public Health Nutr 12:1644-7. 2009..The present paper will address research about meal and satiety patterns and examine how the recent changes from traditional practices are likely to have an impact on health risks and benefits in Mediterranean populations...
- Meals and snacking, diet quality and energy balanceFrance Bellisle
Department of Kinesiology, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Canada Electronic address
Physiol Behav 134:38-43. 2014..While efforts should be continued to harmonize definitions and minimize the influence of under-reporting, interventions aimed at decreasing detrimental snacking should address both food-related aspects and behavioral components. ..
- Sweetness, satiation, and satietyFrance Bellisle
Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine d Ile de France, Universite Paris, Bobigny, France
J Nutr 142:1149S-54S. 2012..The brain mechanisms of food reward (in terms of "liking" and "wanting") are also addressed. Finally, we highlight the importance of reward homeostasis, which can help prevent eating in the absence of hunger, for the control of intake...
- Introduction: acquisition of food-related behaviours in children: critical windows for later health. An international pre-FENS congress symposium, Paris July 9, 2007France Bellisle
INSERM U557 INRA U1125 CNAM EA3200 Univ Paris 13, Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine d Ile de France, Unite de Recherche en Epidemiologie Nutritionnelle, SMBH, 74 rue Marcel Cachin, Bobigny cedex 93017 France
Br J Nutr 99:S1. 2008
- Child nutrition and growth: butterfly effects?France Bellisle
INSERM U557 INRA U1125 CNAM EA3200 Univ Paris 13, Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine d Ile de France, UnitÃ© de Recherche en EpidÃ©miologie Nutritionnelle, SMBH, 74 rue Marcel Cachin, Bobigny Cedex 93017, France
Br J Nutr 99:S40-5. 2008..The present paper is a summary of the ideas expressed by the experts, highlighting agreements, convergences, and occasional disagreements between expert opinions...
- Experimental studies of food choices and palatability responses in European subjects exposed to the Umami tasteFrance Bellisle
INSERM U557, INRA U1125, CNAM EA 3200, Univ Paris13, CRNH IdF, Unite de Recherche en Epidemiologie Nutritionnelle, 74 rue Marcel Cachin, F 93017 Bobigny, France
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 17:376-9. 2008..These two studies suggested that MSG could be used to stimulate appropriate food choices in certain populations...
- [Assessing various aspects of the motivation to eat that can affect food intake and body weight control]F Bellisle
Universite Paris 13, unité d épidémiologie nutritionnelle, CRNH Ile de France, 93017 Bobigny, France
Encephale 35:182-5. 2009....
- Influence of dietary restraint and environmental factors on meal size in normal-weight women. A laboratory studyFrance Bellisle
INSERM U557, INRA U1125, CNAM EA3200, Univ Paris 13, CRNH IdF, Unite de Recherche en Epidemiologie Nutritionnelle, France
Appetite 53:309-13. 2009..Our results also suggest that the intake stimulating effects of various external sources of distraction at meal time could vary in different populations...
- Intense sweeteners, energy intake and the control of body weightF Bellisle
France Bellisle, INRA, CRNH Ile de France, Paris XIII Leonard de Vinci, Bobigny, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:691-700. 2007....
- Nutritional status and food intake in adolescents living in Western EuropeM F Rolland-Cachera
INSERM, ISTNA, C N A M, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 54:S41-6. 2000..These behaviors may induce adverse nutritional conditions. On average, nutritional problems at adolescence do not appear to be more severe than at other ages, however they may exert a strong deleterious impact on future health...
- Association between melanocortin-4 receptor mutations and eating behaviors in obese patients: a case--control studyM Valette
Sorbonne Paris Cité, Nutritional Epidemiology Research Unit UMR U557 INSERM, U1125 Inra, CNAM, Paris 13 University, CRNH IdF, Bobigny, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 38:883-5. 2014..However, functional MC4R mutations do not have a higher risk of compulsive eating contrary to what was previously suggested. ..
- Eating behaviour in obese patients with melanocortin-4 receptor mutations: a literature reviewM Valette
Nutritional Epidemiology Research Unit UMR U557 INSERM, Paris 13 University, CRNH IdF, Bobigny, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 37:1027-35. 2013..Improvements in methodologies will be necessary to clarify the behavioural effects of MC4R mutations. ..
- Dietary patterns and their sociodemographic and behavioural correlates in French middle-aged adults from the SU.VI.MAX cohortE Kesse-Guyot
INSERM U557 INRA U1125 CNAM Paris 13, Human Nutrition Research Center of Ile de France, UFR SMBH Paris 13, Bobigny, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 63:521-8. 2009..We aimed to identify dietary patterns and their relation with nutrient intakes, sociodemographic, lifestyle and other health indicators in a large population of middle-aged subjects living in France...
- Early adiposity rebound: causes and consequences for obesity in children and adultsM F Rolland-Cachera
Research Unit on Nutritional Epidemiology INSERM U557 INRA U1125 CNAM PARIS 13, Human Nutrition Research Center of Ile de France, Bobigny, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:S11-7. 2006..It contributes to the understanding of chronic disease programming and suggests new approaches to obesity prevention...
- Influence of environmental factors on food intake and choice of beverage during meals in teenagers: a laboratory studySandrine Peneau
INSERM U557, INRA U1125, CNAM EA3200, Universite Paris 13, CRNH IdF, Unite de Recherche en Epidemiologie Nutritionnelle, Bobigny, France
Br J Nutr 102:1854-9. 2009..The social significance of meals, conditioned responses and habituation to 'distractors' may be different between adolescents and adults...
- Commentary on Bellisle, F., Rolland-Cachera, M.F. and the Kellogg Scientific Advisory Committee 'Child and Nutrition' (2000) Three consecutive (1993, 1995, 1997) surveys of food intake, nutritional attitudes and knowledge, and lifestyle in 1000 French chiF Bellisle
INSERM, U557, Bobigny, France
J Hum Nutr Diet 20:252-3. 2007
- Motivational effects of 12-week moderately restrictive diets with or without special attention to the Glycaemic Index of foodsF Bellisle
Research Unit on Nutritional Epidemiology INSERM U557, Paris 13, Human Nutrition Research Center of Ile de France, UFR SMBH Paris 13, Paris Bobigny, France
Br J Nutr 97:790-8. 2007..The subjective benefits (lower hunger and desire to eat) of the low GI diet may be a worthwhile contribution to the motivation of dieters that might affect adherence to the diet over the long term...
- The Eating Inventory and body adiposity from leanness to massive obesity: a study of 2509 adultsFrance Bellisle
INRA, Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humane, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Paris, France
Obes Res 12:2023-30. 2004..Eating Inventory factors were also studied as a function of personal weight history...
- Anthropometric and behavioral patterns associated with weight maintenance after an obesity treatment in adolescentsSandrine Peneau
INSERM, U557, Bobigny, France
J Pediatr 152:678-84. 2008..To identify anthropometric and behavioral characteristics associated with weight maintenance after an obesity treatment...
- Body mass index in 7-9-y-old French children: frequency of obesity, overweight and thinnessM F Rolland-Cachera
Unité de Surveillance et d Epidémiologie Nutritionnelle, Institut de Veille Sanitaire InVS Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers, CNAM, Paris, France
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:1610-6. 2002..To assess the frequency of different grades of nutritional status (obesity, overweight and thinness) in French children aged 7-9 y using four current definitions based on body mass index (BMI)...
- Gender differences in food choice: the contribution of health beliefs and dietingJane Wardle
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Ann Behav Med 27:107-16. 2004..Gender differences in health behaviors have been reported in many studies but casual mechanisms have been neglected...
- Changes in selection and intake of foods in humans, induced by the addition of monosodium glutamateFrance Bellisle
INSERM U341, Hotel Dieu, Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75181 Paris, France
Forum Nutr 56:84. 2003
- Food intake and circadian rhythms in shift workers with a high workloadMaria Alice Altenburg de Assis
Departamento de Nutricao, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis 88010 970, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Appetite 40:175-83. 2003..The analysis of circadian distribution of food choices and nutrient intake is important in shift workers, because total daily intake may not reveal shift-associated differences...
- Effects of diet on behaviour and cognition in childrenFrance Bellisle
Hotel Dieu, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75181 Paris, France
Br J Nutr 92:S227-32. 2004..In contrast, children and adolescents with poor nutritional status are exposed to alterations of mental and/or behavioural functions that can be corrected, to a certain extent, by dietary measures...
- Trends in smoking, diet, physical exercise, and attitudes toward health in European university students from 13 countries, 1990-2000Andrew Steptoe
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, 1 19 Torrington Place, London, WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Prev Med 35:97-104. 2002..Smoking, diet, and physical exercise are key determinants of health. This study assessed changes over 10 years and their relationship to changes in health beliefs and risk awareness...
- The effect of Type I diabetes on the eating patterns of free-living French: a diet diary studyJohn M De Castro
Department of Psychology, College of Arts and Sciences, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Physiol Behav 75:583-92. 2002..Based upon these results, it was theorized that the glucose regulatory system is an influence on intake, but only one of many that are responsible for the coordination, control, and regulation of nutrient intake in free-living humans...
- Effects of diet energy level and tomato powder consumption on antioxidant status in ratsEmilia A M Moreira
Departamento de Nutricao, Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Campus Universitario, Trindade, 88 040 970 Florianópolis, Brazil
Clin Nutr 24:1038-46. 2005..Evaluate the influence of tomato powder in diets differing in energy level on antioxidant status in blood and liver of rats...
- Nutrition and health in France: dissecting a paradoxFrance Bellisle
U1125 INRA Nutritional Epidemiology, Diabetes Department, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Paris, France
J Am Diet Assoc 105:1870-3. 2005