Jean Pierre Tourtier
- The concept of damage control: extending the paradigm in the prehospital settingJ P Tourtier
Emergency Department, Fire Brigade of Paris, 1, place Jules Renard, 75017 Paris, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 32:520-6. 2013..The purpose of this review is to present the progressive extension of the concept of damage control resuscitation, focusing on the prehospital phase...
- Auscultation in flight: comparison of conventional and electronic stethoscopesJ P Tourtier
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hôpital d Instruction des Armées du Val de Grâce, Paris, France
Air Med J 30:158-60. 2011....
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome: performance of ventilator at simulated altitudeJean P Tourtier
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Military Hospital Val de Grace, Paris, France
J Trauma 69:1574-7. 2010..We have assessed the ability of the ventilator T-birdVS02 and LTV-1000 to deliver to a lung model with ARDS a set Vt at different simulated altitudes...
- Audit of protocols for treatment of paediatric burns in emergency departments in the Île de FranceJ P Tourtier
Military Hospital Val de Grace, Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, 74 boulevard Port Royal, Paris 75005, France
Burns 36:1196-200. 2010..In addition, we also analysed the incidence of paediatric burns...
- Acute severe asthma: performance of ventilator at simulated altitudeJean Pierre Tourtier
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Military Hospital Val de Grace, 74 boulevard de Port Royal, Paris, France
Eur J Emerg Med 18:77-80. 2011..We have assessed the ability of both the ventilators to deliver to an acute severe asthma model a tidal volume (Vt) set at different simulated altitudes, by changing the ambient air pressure...
- In flight auscultation: comparison of electronic and conventional stethoscopesJean P Tourtier
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Military Hospital Val de Grace, Paris 75005, France
Am J Emerg Med 29:932-5. 2011....
- In-flight auscultation during medical air evacuation: comparison between traditional and amplified stethoscopesEmmanuelle Fontaine
Emergency Medical Service, Fire Brigade of Paris, Paris, France Electronic address
Air Med J 33:283-5. 2014..The aim of this study was to evaluate the capacity of a traditional stethoscope versus an electronically amplified one (expected to reduce background and ambient noise) to assess heart and respiratory sounds during medical transport...
- Maxillofacial gunshot woundsOlga Maurin
1Emergency Department, Fire Brigade of Paris, Paris, France
Prehosp Disaster Med 30:316-9. 2015..This case has been reported on a victim of four gunshot injuries. One of the gunshots was to the left mandibular ramus and became lodged in the C4 vertebral bone...
- Stroke: prospective evaluation of a prehospital management process based on rescuers under medical directionLaure Alhanati
Fire Brigade of Paris, Emergency Medical Service, 1 Place Jules Renard, 75017 Paris, France
Am J Emerg Med 32:438-42. 2014..Improving access to thrombolytic therapy for patients with ischemic stroke is challenging. We assessed a prehospital process based on firemen rescuers under strict medical direction, aimed at facilitating thrombolysis of eligible patients...
- A simulator-based study of in-flight auscultationJean Pierre Tourtier
From the Emergency Medical Service J P T, D J, C E A, Fire Brigade of Paris, 1 Place Jules Renard Department of Intensive Care N L, P C, S D, B D, Y A, Military Hospital Val de Grace, Paris Department of Intensive Care, Military Hospital Val de Grace, Paris Emergency Medical Service, Fire Brigade of Paris, 1 Place Jules Renard Emergency Medical Service K T, Melun, 11 Rue Freteau De Peny, Melun, France
Simul Healthc 9:81-4. 2014..We compared the capability of 2 stethoscopes (electronic, Litmann 3000; conventional, Litmann Cardiology III) at detecting pathologic heart and lung sounds, aboard a C135, a medical transport aircraft...
- Disposition of children with burns in emergency departments in Île de FranceJean Pierre Tourtier
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hôpital d Instruction des Armées du Val de Grâce, France
J Burn Care Res 32:405-9. 2011..Nevertheless, the relationship between burn centers and all EDs, not just the large one, needs to be strengthened to improve the quality of care given to these children...