- Ahmedi M, Belguendouz H, Messaoudene D, Mesbah Amroun H, Terahi M, Lahlou Boukoffa O, et al. [Influence of steroid hormones on the production of two inflammatory markers, IL-12 and nitric oxide, in Behçet's disease]. J Fr Ophtalmol. 2016;39:333-40 pubmed publisher..In fact, male patients seem to have defective IL-12 down-regulation by estradiol and cortisol that increases Th1 immune responses. This may be implicated in the severe expression of BD in men. ..
- Medjeber O, Touri K, Rafa H, Djeraba Z, Belkhelfa M, Boutaleb A, et al. Ex vivo immunomodulatory effect of ethanolic extract of propolis during Celiac Disease: involvement of nitric oxide pathway. Inflammopharmacology. 2018;26:1469-1481 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest that propolis may constitute a potential candidate to modulate inflammation during Celiac Disease and has a potential therapeutic value. ..
- Behairi N, Belkhelfa M, Rafa H, Labsi M, Deghbar N, Bouzid N, et al. All-trans retinoic acid (ATRA) prevents lipopolysaccharide-induced neuroinflammation, amyloidogenesis and memory impairment in aged rats. J Neuroimmunol. 2016;300:21-29 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, ATRA pretreatment prevented the LPS-induced deleterious effects. ATRA could be a potent preventive approach in AD. ..
- Amri M, Touil Boukoffa C. InÂ vitro anti-hydatic and immunomodulatory effects of ginger and -gingerol. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2016;9:749-56 pubmed publisher..Ginger may act, at least, through the -gingerol. All our data suggest the promising use of ginger in the treatment of Echinococcus granulosus infection. ..
- Benchabane S, Boudjelida A, Toumi R, Belguendouz H, Youinou P, Touil Boukoffa C. A case for IL-6, IL-17A, and nitric oxide in the pathophysiology of SjÃ¶gren's syndrome. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2016;29:386-97 pubmed publisher..With the purpose of improving both the diagnosis and prognosis, IL-6, IL-17A, and NO should be assayed in the serum and saliva of patients suspected of SS. ..
- Labsi M, Khelifi L, Mezioug D, Soufli I, Touil Boukoffa C. Antihydatic and immunomodulatory effects of Punica granatum peel aqueous extract in a murine model of echinococcosis. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2016;9:211-20 pubmed publisher..0001). Our results indicate an antihydatic scolicidal effect and immunomodulatory properties of PGE, suggesting its potential therapeutic role against Echinococcus granulosus infection. ..
- Zeghir Bouteldja R, Polomé A, Bousbata S, Touil Boukoffa C. Comparative proteome profiling of hydatid fluid from Algerian patients reveals cyst location-related variation in Echinococcus granulosus. Acta Trop. 2017;171:199-206 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, our study also revealed that parasite antigenic protein expression variations reflect the differences observed in host immunostimulation. ..
- Khelifi L, Soufli I, Labsi M, Touil Boukoffa C. Immune-protective effect of echinococcosis on colitis experimental model is dependent of down regulation of TNF-? and NO production. Acta Trop. 2017;166:7-15 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data support the hygiene hypothesis and indicate that prior infection with E. granulosus can effectively protect mice from DSS-induced colitis by enhancing immune-regulatory mechanisms. ..