- Day and nighttime excretion of 6-sulphatoxymelatonin in adolescents and young adults with autistic disorderSylvie Tordjman
Hospital University Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Guillaume Regnier Hospital, Rennes 1 University, Rennes, France
Psychoneuroendocrinology 37:1990-7. 2012....
- Autistic disorder in patients with Williams-Beuren syndrome: a reconsideration of the Williams-Beuren syndrome phenotypeSylvie Tordjman
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Guillaume Regnier Hospital, University of Rennes 1, Rennes, France
PLoS ONE 7:e30778. 2012..WBS has been often considered as the polar opposite behavioral phenotype to autism. Our objective was to better understand the range of phenotypic expression in WBS and the relationship between WBS and autistic disorder...
- Modulation of brain β-endorphin concentration by the specific part of the Y chromosome in miceMichel Botbol
INSERM U 669, Troubles des Conduites Alimentaires à l Adolescence, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e16704. 2011..This suggests gender differences in BE associated with genetic factors and more precisely with Y(NPAR)...
- Time and its representations: at the crossroads between psychoanalysis and neuroscienceSylvie Tordjman
Laboratoire de la Psychologie de la Perception, CNRS UMR 8158, Universite Paris Descartes, France
J Physiol Paris 105:137-48. 2011....
- Association of adolescent catatonia with increased mortality and morbidity: evidence from a prospective follow-up studyFrançoise Cornic
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, APHP, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Schizophr Res 113:233-40. 2009....
- Does catatonia influence the phenomenology of childhood onset schizophrenia beyond motor symptoms?Olivier Bonnot
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, AP HP, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Psychiatry Res 158:356-62. 2008..The SANS and SAPS scales, commonly used in schizophrenia, are not detailed enough to accurately describe catatonia in COS. The use of a catatonia rating scale is recommended to enhance recognition of and research into COS with catatonia...
- Pain reactivity and plasma beta-endorphin in children and adolescents with autistic disorderSylvie Tordjman
Laboratoire Psychologie de la Perception, Universite Paris Descartes, UMR 8158 CNRS, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 4:e5289. 2009..Our objective was to examine behavioral and physiological pain responses, plasma beta-endorphin levels and their relationship in a large group of individuals with autism...
- Nocturnal excretion of 6-sulphatoxymelatonin in children and adolescents with autistic disorderSylvie Tordjman
Center for Scientific Research, Unité de Recherche Mixte 7593, Vurnérabilité, Adaptation et Psychopathologie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Rennes, France
Biol Psychiatry 57:134-8. 2005..Additionally, melatonin, a pineal gland hormone produced from serotonin, is of special interest in autistic disorder given reported alterations in central and peripheral serotonin neurobiology...
- Animal models relevant to schizophrenia and autism: validity and limitationsSylvie Tordjman
Service Hospitalo Universitaire de Psychiatrie de l Enfant et de l Adolescent, Université de Rennes 1 et Centre Hospitalier Guillaume Régnier, 154 rue de Chatillon, 35200, Rennes, France
Behav Genet 37:61-78. 2007..The main interest of animal models is to generate new pertinent hypotheses relevant to humans opening the path to innovative research...
- The Autism Psychodynamic Evaluation of Changes (APEC) scale: a reliability and validity study on a newly developed standardized psychodynamic assessment for youth with Pervasive Developmental DisordersGeneviève Haag
SPP Société Psychanalytique de Paris, Paris, France
J Physiol Paris 104:323-36. 2010....
- [Schizophrenia and pain reactivity]Olivier Bonnot
Service de Psychopathologie de l Enfant et de l Adolescent, APHP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Centre Référent Maladies Rares à Expression Psychiatrique, Paris, France
Presse Med 37:1561-8. 2008..We will review and critic the scientific literature in this specific topic. We will see if datas are relevant with the neurodevelopmental hypothesis and vulnerability models...
- Are patients with schizophrenia insensitive to pain? A reconsideration of the questionOlivier Bonnot
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, Paris, France
Clin J Pain 25:244-52. 2009....
- Association of an UCP4 (SLC25A27) haplotype with ultra-resistant schizophreniaFaycal Mouaffak
INSERM, Laboratoire de Physiopathologie des Maladies Psychiatriques, U894 Centre de Psychiatrie et Neurosciences, Paris, France
Pharmacogenomics 12:185-93. 2011..In order to explore the potential consequences of neuronal uncoupling proteins variants we examined their association in a sample of Caucasian patients suffering from schizophrenia and phenotyped them according to antipsychotic response...
- Environmental factors influence language development in children with autism spectrum disordersMarine Grandgeorge
Universite de Rennes 1, Ethos, UMR 6552 CNRS Ethologie animale et humaine, Rennes, France
PLoS ONE 4:e4683. 2009..However, animal research suggests that different behavioural traits can be differentially affected by genetic/environmental factors...
- Clinical relevance of chronic catatonic schizophrenia in children and adolescents: evidence from a prospective naturalistic studyDavid Cohen
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, 47 83 Blvd de l Hôpital, 75013 Paris, France
Schizophr Res 76:301-8. 2005..There is a need for research in the field of catatonic schizophrenia in adolescents as it appears to be a clinically relevant but understudied subgroup...
- Epilepsy in autism is associated with intellectual disability and gender: evidence from a meta-analysisClaire Amiet
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Assistance Publique Hospitaux de Paris, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Biol Psychiatry 64:577-82. 2008..We aimed to compare the prevalence of epilepsy 1) among autistic patients with ID versus autistic patients without ID and 2) among male versus female autistic patients...
- At the crossroads between psychoanalysis and neuroscience: the importance of subjectivitySylvie Tordjman
Laboratoire de la Psychologie de la Perception, CNRS and Université Paris Descartes, France
J Physiol Paris 104:232-42. 2010..This is a case of total subjectivity in the construction of reality, and illustrates the need to situate the subject within a bio-psycho-environmental approach...