- Glucocorticoids exacerbate obesity and insulin resistance in neuron-specific proopiomelanocortin-deficient miceJames L Smart
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Clin Invest 116:495-505. 2006..Restoration of pituitary POMC expression to create a de facto neuronal POMC deficiency exacerbated the development of obesity, largely via glucocorticoid modulation of appetite, metabolism, and energy partitioning...
- In vivo evidence for inverse agonism of Agouti-related peptide in the central nervous system of proopiomelanocortin-deficient miceVirginie Tolle
Center for the Study of Weight Regulation and Associated Disorders, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Diabetes 57:86-94. 2008..We investigated whether AgRP functions similarly in vivo using mouse models that lack all neuronal MSH, thereby precluding competitive antagonism of MC-R by AgRP...
- Central dysregulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in neuron-specific proopiomelanocortin-deficient miceJames L Smart
Center for the Study of Weight Regulation and Associated Disorders, L 481, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Endocrinology 148:647-59. 2007....
- Meal pattern analysis in neural-specific proopiomelanocortin-deficient miceChristian D Richard
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, United States
Eur J Pharmacol 660:131-8. 2011..The combination of larger, more rapidly consumed meals and prolonged intermeal intervals suggests that proopiomelanocortin peptides are necessary for normal meal termination, but not the maintenance of satiety...
- Role of the ghrelin/obestatin balance in the regulation of neuroendocrine circuits controlling body composition and energy homeostasisJacques Epelbaum
Centre de Psychiatrie and Neurosciences, UMR 894 INSERM, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Mol Cell Endocrinol 314:244-7. 2010..This review is focussed on the possible implication of the ghrelin/obestatin system in psychiatric diseases with particular emphasis on eating disorders...
- Preservation of eumelanin hair pigmentation in proopiomelanocortin-deficient mice on a nonagouti (a/a) genetic backgroundAndrzej Slominski
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
Endocrinology 146:1245-53. 2005..Whereas the latter implies feedback control of melanogenesis, it is also possible that the two mechanisms operate jointly in hair follicles...
- Family trios analysis of common polymorphisms in the obestatin/ghrelin, BDNF and AGRP genes in patients with Anorexia nervosa: association with subtype, body-mass index, severity and age of onsetRoland M Dardennes
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Hopital Sainte Anne, 1 rue Cabanis, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
Psychoneuroendocrinology 32:106-13. 2007....